: What is this Part?

11-14-08, 10:17 AM
Can someone tell me what this part is?

It sits right under the coolent container. I think it may be some type of water pump. Mine is dripping coolent.

Hard to change?


11-14-08, 10:27 PM
How about a picture.

11-15-08, 04:22 PM
It is the HVAC coolant pump. It improves coolant circulation through the heater core.

Easy to replace.

11-16-08, 01:09 AM
If it right by the res I have a feeling you're talking about the black box with lines on top of it? If so that's the air intake, that shouldn't be dripping anything.

A picture would be good though!