: Just looking for information

dankicksass
11-13-08, 07:48 PM
Hi, just stopping in looking for a repair manual to look at for a 97 Catera. Any LHD Catera/Omega/Commodore/VX-VT/Caprice/Lumina/Monaro manual up thru 2000 will do, I'm not picky. English or German is preferred. I have a 97 Catera in the garage with auto climate dual zone, and the left side air door is stuck wide open cold. I just want to know what I'm getting into before I get under the dash. Any HVAC interior side diagrams and manual text would be appreciated.

Warez
11-14-08, 02:29 AM
The Australian Commodore/Lumina/etc are completely different from the European Catera/Omega.

dankicksass
11-14-08, 10:22 PM
The VX-VT and V-Catera/Omega-B are no more different from each other than the Pontiac Grand Prix and Chevrolet Impala of like vintage are from each other. If you didn't have any help, you didn't need to add to your post count.

AHazzardToAll
11-15-08, 06:05 PM
he was trying to help you. the only reason vintage cars are so similar is because gm used several of the same parts in all their vehicles and there wasn't much to put in. And like he said, your European manual might be fine, but you might be running into problems with the others. There are several small changes that can add up. The gto's are very similar to the cats, but i'd be completely wrong by using a goat manual on my cat. I have a 99 cat manual i can scan some pages out of, but before i go through the work i think you own someone an apology. If you don't want my help you wan flame me too, your choice.