: CTS-V in 2 weeks

doc-V
06-22-04, 11:15 PM
I am taking delivery of a 2005 V black/black with sunroof in 2 weeks.:)
They talked me out of the FG2 shock package as it can be added later.

I have several questions for the kind members of this forum.

1. What do you suggest as the break in period (milage) for the car and
any special tricks to do this?

2. How much are the parts and labor for the shock package and does
this package really eliminate/reduce rear wheel hop
(i.e. is it really worth it)?

3. I love to customize/upgrade my ride. What are the recommended
upgrades for the V and which manufacturers should be considered?
I am considering a cold air intake, shifter, and exhaust. In the 2005
CTS brochure they show a CORSA cat-back exhaust system.

Thank you in advance for all your generous help.
doc-V

Cal
06-23-04, 01:32 AM
1. change oil at 300 and 500 if you want to be anal, probably worthless but my tuner shop said do it. use junk oil the first time and then go to synth at 500 miles. don't beat the piss out of it till 500+ miles according to lots of LS6 guys.

2. eliminates (as miscreant said) most of it, he thinks 80% I would say 80-90% of it. you do get wicked burnouts. no more wheel hop between gears really, but I would STRONGLY suggest new tires, non-runflat. I think they banged me around $500 including an oil change for my FG2 install, so subtract $60 from that. I paid $1160 for the parts.

3. Kooks headers may come out soon, the more performance cold air kit is decent for $249 and the Corsa is expected in July. Mallett is coming out with a shift kit that you may want, wild and I will have reviews once it hits our mailboxes.

4. you need some 22" spinners fo sho!

5. congrats!

doc-V
06-23-04, 09:37 AM
Thanks much Cal, you are awesome.:worship:

1. When you change the oil at 300 and 500 does that have to be done at the dealer?

2. I guess i will have to see about the wheel hop, which you guys say can be remedied. Why do you suggest the non-runflat tires?

3. Where do i get the more performance cold air kit and should i consider any other cak? Is it a self install?

4. heheheeh 22 spinners!:bling:

Thanks again!
doc-V

rabid
06-23-04, 01:51 PM
3. I have the Mallett shifter ordered. It is supposed to shorten the throw and really increase the preciseness of the shifts. I called and it was shipped out Monday (2 days ago). I should have it installed this coming weekend (hopefully) and will let you know about it. I will highly recommend the shifter if I like it. I can't stand the stock one. Since I am always shifting, I wanted something that felt a lot better.

As for performance upgrade/parts; my opinion, I will not do anything to my car until I start to get bored with it.

ctsvett
06-23-04, 02:42 PM
Take pictures of the part and the install for us!

Reed
http://www.cadillacfaq.com