: Remote Start

93si
11-12-08, 11:07 AM
Hey guys, just wondering what most of you are using for Remote Starts or Starter/Alarm combos. The Snow is starting and i want to stay warm haha....

bstiffmanofsteel
11-12-08, 05:53 PM
Autopage is what I use. Alarm/remote start... They have tons of potentail add ons and it works!

Kev-o
11-12-08, 08:53 PM
The new viper is what i just picked up, again lots of add ons including turning on the heated seats (but it all costs Xtra) seems to work real good so far!

Lu Scola
11-12-08, 10:00 PM
I have the Viper alarm/remote start. I love it. The autopage is a nice alarm too. The escalade is a easy truck to install the alarm on. We did a full install on mine with the talking module in apprx 1hr. 30 min. There is a installer trick for the locking system to get it done quickly. The front and rear locking systems are independant. I have seen some installers at other shops take around 4-5 hours to complete a escalade.

bstiffmanofsteel
11-12-08, 11:10 PM
Either way you are good. I also have a motion sensor in the Lade so if I leave the windows down... But I'm in Chicago that time of the year is over. Autopage has a C3 which allows you to do everything thru your cellphone, a little more than I need, but some people think its slick. Autopageusa.com

fierodough
11-13-08, 09:10 AM
The escalade is a easy truck to install the alarm on. We did a full install on mine with the talking module in apprx 1hr. 30 min. There is a installer trick for the locking system to get it done quickly. The front and rear locking systems are independant. I have seen some installers at other shops take around 4-5 hours to complete a escalade.

Can you give me some information on the "trick" as I hope to install one in mine shortly.

Thanks!

Povich
11-13-08, 02:39 PM
I have a viper or python alarm installed on truck and wondering if anyone knows if the Valet Model: 562t can be added to existing alarm like the 561t or has to be installed as a seperate unit? Suppose itd be wise to figure out which alarm I have before buying?:bigroll: Like to have remote start on truck but like to do as addon as I already have alarm system! Lu answer?

Lu Scola
11-13-08, 08:10 PM
Ill have to have my alarm guy chime in. I dont do alarms. I only do Audio/Video installs. I hate installing alarms...LOL!

Lu Scola
11-19-08, 02:27 AM
I just realized that when I use my remote start my heat cranks on also. I was reading about other members saying their heat wouldnt cut on. I leave my heat on 85 before I turn it off. In the morning I hit the remote start and when I come out to leave its nice warm, and cozy in there.

yourgmsolutions
11-19-08, 02:41 AM
I have a viper or python alarm installed on truck and wondering if anyone knows if the Valet Model: 562t can be added to existing alarm like the 561t or has to be installed as a seperate unit? Suppose itd be wise to figure out which alarm I have before buying?:bigroll: Like to have remote start on truck but like to do as addon as I already have alarm system! Lu answer?

if you have existing alarm, then you would need 561T. does not matter what brand alarm you have. it's pretty straight forward install. channel 2 or 3 on your existing alarm you connect with 561T, and then 561T wires you connect to power/ground/starter/ignition/accessories/TACH/etc. of the vehicle wires. and you done. should take you not more then 30 minutes including prepping wires. you'll also need GM VATS PASSKey Bypass module
Bypasskit PLJX GM Passlock and Transponder ---> DEI makes them

Povich
11-19-08, 03:38 AM
if you have existing alarm, then you would need 561T. does not matter what brand alarm you have. it's pretty straight forward install. channel 2 or 3 on your existing alarm you connect with 561T, and then 561T wires you connect to power/ground/starter/ignition/accessories/TACH/etc. of the vehicle wires. and you done. should take you not more then 30 minutes including prepping wires. you'll also need GM VATS PASSKey Bypass module
Bypasskit PLJX GM Passlock and Transponder ---> DEI makes them

Thx for input! pretty sure The 561t was the one I needed and I have a viper 500 installed now! I also have the 457G GM Passlock Bypass Transponder and Databus Door Lock Interface Module installed in truck with alarm! Do i need another module for remote starter also?:confused:

yourgmsolutions
11-19-08, 12:10 PM
Thx for input! pretty sure The 561t was the one I needed and I have a viper 500 installed now! I also have the 457G GM Passlock Bypass Transponder and Databus Door Lock Interface Module installed in truck with alarm! Do i need another module for remote starter also?:confused:

if You already have 457G then you should be fine. you don't need anything else.

luxurylife33
11-19-08, 12:56 PM
I have an "AutoMate" which is made by DEI.... I would only stick with a DEI brand such as Viper, AutoMate, AutoPage, Hornet and a few others. Dont cheap out on any electrical component.

The remote start I have is great, it was installed before i bought the car and is great to have in the winter. I keep mine at 90 degrees the night before and its real nice getting into the car. The only complaint is that my heated seats wont turn on, im in the process of trying to figure out how to get my AUX channel to turn them babies on, I can't wait!

Lu Scola
11-19-08, 07:57 PM
Heated seats turned on by AUX shouldnt be too complicated. If you get the wiring schematics it should be a breeze. Let us know what you turn up. I never use my heated seats, so Im not gonna hook mine up.

luxurylife33
11-20-08, 11:53 AM
Heated seats turned on by AUX shouldnt be too complicated. If you get the wiring schematics it should be a breeze. Let us know what you turn up. I never use my heated seats, so Im not gonna hook mine up.

Yea this weekend I plan on doing it. What I'm going to do is just take the door panel off and figure out which wire behind the heated seat switch is the hot wire, by using a test light. Should be pretty simple, maybe i'll make a short write up on it.

mbovinet
11-23-08, 05:28 PM
Yea this weekend I plan on doing it. What I'm going to do is just take the door panel off and figure out which wire behind the heated seat switch is the hot wire, by using a test light. Should be pretty simple, maybe i'll make a short write up on it.

I'd like to read about that. Good luck with it :)

KrazyKeith
01-19-09, 06:04 PM
I've got a viper alarm/starter combo. I have the lil blue pager remote. Not sure what model it is as it was already in the escalade when I purchased it, however I have a question. when I use my remote starter, my HIDs, amber lights, AND tail-lights, FLASH on/off, on off. Will do this until I turn the lights to on, or put the key in and hit the brake to deactivate the remote start. What can I do to fix this, its rather annoying. If I start my caddy normal without the starter it does NOT do this, its clearly something with the starter but I'm not sure what to look at or to ask about if I take it to my boy at the stereo shop.

fasteddyII
01-19-09, 10:16 PM
I've got a viper alarm/starter combo. I have the lil blue pager remote. Not sure what model it is as it was already in the escalade when I purchased it, however I have a question. when I use my remote starter, my HIDs, amber lights, AND tail-lights, FLASH on/off, on off. Will do this until I turn the lights to on, or put the key in and hit the brake to deactivate the remote start. What can I do to fix this, its rather annoying. If I start my caddy normal without the starter it does NOT do this, its clearly something with the starter but I'm not sure what to look at or to ask about if I take it to my boy at the stereo shop.

KK what model is the viper?

mbovinet
01-19-09, 11:47 PM
I just had the Viper 5901 remote start/alarm combo installed. They couldn't work the heated seats but I can tuen on the rear defrost, check the temp inside and rool all 4 windows up if needed.

KrazyKeith
01-19-09, 11:50 PM
KK what model is the viper?

I have no idea eddy, how can I figure it out ?

Its one of the higer end models based on the fact I have the lil blue pager remote, its pretty cool.

If you lead me to finding out how, I'll be able to answer more for ya and then you might be able to answer me more.

Its annoying how the HID's flash on/off when I use the remote start ONLY.

:alchi:

fasteddyII
01-20-09, 08:14 AM
I have no idea eddy, how can I figure it out ?

Its one of the higer end models based on the fact I have the lil blue pager remote, its pretty cool.

If you lead me to finding out how, I'll be able to answer more for ya and then you might be able to answer me more.

Its annoying how the HID's flash on/off when I use the remote start ONLY.

:alchi: See if you can find it on viper (dot) com

KrazyKeith
01-20-09, 11:39 AM
See if you can find it on viper (dot) com

Based on the RPN from my remote this is the info I found. How can I find my model from this info ? Where on/in my escalade do I need to look for the brain ?

http://www.viper.com/ShopViperProducts/ItemDetail.aspx?ItemCode=479V

:hmm:

fasteddyII
01-21-09, 05:44 PM
Based on the RPN from my remote this is the info I found. How can I find my model from this info ? Where on/in my escalade do I need to look for the brain ?

http://www.viper.com/ShopViperProducts/ItemDetail.aspx?ItemCode=479V

:hmm:
My guess and just a guess under the dash around the steering linkage would be a start. I have installed 4 -5 of these in the past 10 years.. Got my 5901 in today I am going to pay to have it done..... this thing has more wires than I care to tackle. Just look for a small black box with several wiring harness's going to it.

KrazyKeith
01-23-09, 07:01 PM
Well I got my flashing headlight problem fixed. I went to see my boy who works at a car audio/install place. He found my brain, said its a viper 791xv (or 971xv? I forget what he said), and hooked a programmer up to the brain after taking the dash apart to find it behind the cluster, LOL. anyways he updated my starter run time from 10 to 20 minutes, 1 push of the button vs 2 to start the truck and turned my lights from flashing to constant.

I am happy as hell now, really made a world of difference to me to have those settings changed !!!

fasteddyII
01-30-09, 06:49 PM
I drop my lade off Monday to have my 5901 installed 179 bucks I am just too busy to take a day and do it!

KrazyKeith
02-01-09, 12:43 PM
I drop my lade off Monday to have my 5901 installed 179 bucks I am just too busy to take a day and do it!

Seems like the easier way to get it done in my opinion!

:thumbsup:

fasteddyII
02-02-09, 11:11 PM
Just had a Viper 5901 installed only issue is pager remote will not start the engine - other features work though... The regular remote will start the engine - guess I need the lcd remote paired to the system again... I think

fasteddyII
03-25-09, 08:44 PM
Remote is good to go just a follow up to may last most I love this alarm. I like being able to see that its locked from inside my house rather than looking out a window to see parking light confirmation. Great system