: Free Bose CD changer from Seville 98-04

ocgltd
11-12-08, 09:42 AM
ok...maybe not free....but close:

I'm converting my 01 STS' console from CD changer to non-changer. (My music is all in MP3 format). I will be removing the changer from the console - it looks and runs like new (it was replaced right at the end of warranty period, and hardly used since). I'll even throw in the console insert to hold the CD-changer in the console.

I want my console space back, so I'm going to have to get a console insert WITHOUT cd changer. I'm looking for a console insert that's in mint condition (including coin holder etc. whatever was included).

If somebody wants to trade let me know. If you pay all shipping, you can get a free CD changer & console insert!

(I've already declined a worn insert from wreckers - looked like owners were storing nails in their console)

ocgltd
11-12-08, 09:51 AM
A quick note:

I assume the 98-04 changers are all the same - you will have to check for yourself!

I'm planning this project for January (nice to have a warm garage)...

mighty_quad4
11-12-08, 09:39 PM
please post which adapter you use. i will not be using an ipod mp3 player. im confused by all the info in this forum about which adapters work and which dont. i plan on doing the same thing you are.

NotoriousPelcher
11-19-08, 10:43 AM
my bose stereo in my 99 SLS stopped playing CD's for no apparent reason so i bought an aftermarket kenwood stereo with the dash kit & all the necessary connections and it also doesnt seem to be working.. so i may be interested? what are the terms and conditions

ocgltd
11-25-08, 03:01 PM
I need these parts for an 01 STS console:

Console compartment floor
Audio disc stow front
Audio disc stor rear
Coin tray
(all above fit in center console)

In exchange I'll send the working CD changer and console insert which fits in place of the above.

ac02sls
12-14-08, 12:44 AM
Interseted !acloud@fuse.net

chazglenn3
12-18-08, 01:35 PM
ac02sls, the CD changer was changed in the 2002 model year and is different than the 98-01 changers. Cadillac changed the way the changer talks to the head unit over the data bus. ocgltd...PM sent!

ac02sls
12-19-08, 10:36 PM
So what you're saying is that this CD Changer will NOT work in my 02 ?

chazglenn3
12-19-08, 11:27 PM
Yes, I'm afraid it will not. The 02-04 head units and CD changers are different from the 98-01 models. The data bus that the systems use to communicate are different. That being said, I was able to acquire a CD changer for my car from the local boneyard, so I don't need this one anymore.

ocgltd
01-10-09, 11:29 AM
Yes, looks like the 98-01/02 use one data bus, and the 02+ use another. Early 02's might use the earlier data bus, the best way to check is by pulling the radio. If you have the 24 pin connector on the back, then you use the NEW databus.

CadillacSTS42005
01-10-09, 11:47 AM
wrong and right
98-01 used entertainment and serial data to communicate with the hu
02+ used data class II