: 24hr. XLR Test drive

Roswell256
06-22-04, 05:18 PM
At 22 years old do you think there is anyway that the local Cadillac dealer will let me take an $80,000 XLR home for the night?

I really really really want to test drive one. But I want to have it for a bit more then just 2hr or so.

-Roswell-

Msilva954
06-22-04, 05:24 PM
Highly doubtful, I think that the XLR is an exclusion anyways.

Roswell256
06-22-04, 05:33 PM
What about the new Pontiac GTO? Wouldn't mind playing in one of those for a bit. :lildevil: :spin: :burn:

Elvis
06-22-04, 05:43 PM
It's true in more ways than one. Youth is wasted on the young.

Who could better appreciate an XLR than a 22-year-old? I probably couldn't.

DopeStar 156
06-23-04, 12:43 AM
Really. I could use an XLR even for two hours. But to take advantage of the 24 hour test drive I'd grab myself a DHS.

tru504187211
06-23-04, 02:38 AM
How exactly is this deal working...is there a minimum salary requirement or anything?

Roswell256
06-23-04, 08:50 AM
I went test driving last night. Tried a Lincon, Pontiac (not the GTO), Dodge Ram with Hemi.

I sat in a bunch more but I only test drove the 3 above. I wanted to go try out at the Cadillac Dealer but they are farther away. So I'm going to have to have to go up there this weekend.

You would be suprised. At 22yo.. when you drive in Cadillac and tell them you are being offered a government contractor position with lots of "0's" on end of the salary part, they will show you anything you want to see and let you test drive most of them.

I was suprised that I accually fit in the new GTO. I'm 6'9" and don't fit in much. I wanted to test drive it but they wouldn't let it out of the lot. I guess the dealer up the road where they sell/work on corvettes had a new mechanic and salesman just hired. Well the mechanic went to take a corvette for a test drive as they had just fixed it. He knew the salemen and asked if he wanted to tag along. Needless to say they both ended up dead. I figure the dealers in the area are a little more paranoid of letting me pull off the lot with something that has that much power now.

All in all I liked the Lincon Town Car I was in. 2003 w/26k miles and loaded to the gills for $26. Drove smoother then my concours and had about the same power. And the Navigator gave me more room then any vehicle I've ever sat in. But I still have to take a trip to the Cadillac dealer.

I'll let you know how that turns out.

Raze
06-25-04, 12:00 PM
Try to get yourself behind a V, I've heard people were able to test drive but you had to really come off serious.