: 96 sls over curb now won't start

Biggp0
11-11-08, 06:39 PM
Had a accident in my 96 sls, ran over curb and jarred it pretty good. she shut down instantly and now will not start.
I have checked all fuel lines and I also pulled one of the plug wires and she has spark. I can hear the fuel pump cycle when I turn the key on and off. now i,m wondering if there is a fuel kill sensor or a pcm signal that shuts these down during accidents. i pulled codes and all I have is my egr code & strut code. both have been there for a while.

I would def like to get this solved and get my baby running again. so if any of you guys have any insight on this please help out a sad sls owner.http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/images/icons/icon11.gif

Ranger
11-11-08, 09:40 PM
GM does not use a fuel pump inertia switch that I am aware of. If you hear the pump run, then it's probably OK. Check the fuel pressure to be sure.

Biggp0
11-12-08, 11:53 AM
thanks ranger. I was told by a body shop that it could be the sir (air bag) sensors that caused it to do this. They said disconnect battery and it should reset but I tried it for about 15 min. and nothing. I left it like that over nite and will try it when it warms up today.

She took a good jolt on impact so who knows what it could be. thanks for the input and if anyone else has had something similar happen please weigh in...

Ranger
11-12-08, 07:19 PM
I have seen a fuel pump fuse blow on a hard impact (Chevy Blazer). Might try checking all the fuses.

Fire and Ice
11-21-08, 06:43 PM
Just curious, but when you try to start the car, does the engine crank over, but not start? Or when you turn the key does nothing happen?