: wrx STi vs. CTS-V

DgtalPimp
06-22-04, 02:54 PM
I have a friend of mine and she (yes she) has a wrx STi (http://www.subaru.com/servlet/showroom?model=IMPREZA&trim=WRX_STI_SEDAN&command=overview). I want to know from the board members if you have lined up against any wrx STi? My friend is going on a on about her wrx STi and how she will walk away from me. We can't line up at least until the following weekend. This weekend is out since I wouldn't want to ruin her b day with humble pie (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14354) (Happy B-day Kat). :cheers:

She also is telling me how she works her boyfriends modded (exhaust, intake, etc) 350Z (http://www.nissanusa.com/vehicles/ModelHomePage/0,9438,30382,00.html) (sorry Lance, time to get a super charger). :lildevil:

My main thoughts on the issues with running a wrx STi are the AWD vs. wheel hop, and the wrx STi's weight vs. CTS-v weight.

Anyone got real world runs with the wrx STi?

Dgtal

bryce3
06-22-04, 03:20 PM
Both cars are very fast and based off the numbers (HP, TQ, lbs.) it should be a close race with two equally skilled drviers. Only sudjestion is don't burn out too hard and run your race. Even if the WRX is ahead let you V do it's thing. There aren't too many cars that pull like the V. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Devil_concours
06-22-04, 03:24 PM
it will probably walk away from stop then you will probably catch up to it.

Clintonwmills
06-22-04, 03:25 PM
I have raced a wrx STI with 5 people in the car and won pretty easy. He stuck up with me, but I was pulling. Now this is with 5 people, single driver would have been much worse. I highly doubt that she walked all over a 350z with mod. Now I know for sure that a lot of people do stuff to their car and it slows it down because they don’t have a clue on what they are doing! So as long as you can launch right you won’t have a problem. Even if you screw it up you should still win, but it wont be a slaughter. It is all about the driver from the line.

Vrocks
06-22-04, 03:40 PM
The STi and Lancer EVO are geared for quick acceleration. Off the line she'll have an advantage especially with 4wd. If you keep racing over 80 - 100 you should crush the STi (especially if you go 130+). I would guess that the STi has atleast as much drag with those wings and ground effects that the V has and the V has alot more HP and torque.

Hupperware
06-22-04, 03:47 PM
Just make sure you are in a straight line, too. Don't want to end up upside-down while the STi driver has to make a 911 phone call.

DgtalPimp
06-22-04, 04:02 PM
Just make sure you are in a straight line, too. Don't want to end up upside-down while the STi driver has to make a 911 phone call.
We can always let the guy with the slow 350Z call.

Dgtal

Nic00Z28M6
06-22-04, 04:28 PM
Should be an interesting race. I would put money on the STi getting a nice lead from a dig and crossing the end of a 1/4 mile first.

gothicaleigh
06-22-04, 04:34 PM

Are you suggesting that the V can't handle the twisties?
That is what it was bred for, my friend...

The STi leaps off the line, but the V will make up for it at higher speeds.
A quarter mile dragstrip? My money is on the Subaru.
Beyond that, CTS-V all the way.

Would be interesting to see both of them on a course though...

DgtalPimp
06-22-04, 04:43 PM
Should be an interesting race. I would put money on the STi getting a nice lead from a dig and crossing the end of a 1/4 mile first.
Well I think there are a few valid responses on here about the 1/4 times and who could come out in front with similar drivers. I am more intrested in doing more than a 1/4 mile run, and yes Hupperware I would be willing to turn the car once or twice, I would still roll a 1/4 just to do it.

In most cases I would be willing to run the F-bodies out there as well (cept for bad choices like sub 11 second cars) Like this blue one.

Dgtal

Nic00Z28M6
06-22-04, 04:55 PM
Looks in the garage...

Well depending on which angle you look at it it's green sometimes too.

DgtalPimp
06-22-04, 05:03 PM
I see the green now.

V guys -- Watch for these if you wanna play in PHX area. They are sleepers as well. Sorry Nic and Bryce, can't have my V brothers owned.

Dgtal

wildwhl
06-22-04, 05:17 PM

sti's are quick, stock. With mods they are even quicker. To make the race fair (and you will now win for sure, twisties or not), you should each carry 2 or 3 witnesses to make sure the results are accurately reported. Then, you will win for sure.

off the line she will likely have you. Through the twisties driver skill will determine the outcome. Don't get crazy, and don't get hurt. Sorry, no pulpit here, but racing without proper care and consideration is just asking for accidents - those are simply the facts.

Even in the twisties, the STi may catch you. No overtaking will occur by either car, in my prediction.

In the end - if the race was from where you are to 1,000 (or even 400) miles away, you will win for sure. You and your passengers will not be exhausted once you get there.

I've spent quite a bit of time riding/driving an Sti and quite frankly, though quite fast and not to be taken lightly, they sort of suck. They are, of course, only a Subaru, and nothing like our Cadillacs. :bighead:

Jon
06-22-04, 05:29 PM
As much as I hate imports, and love the V, the STI is good for 12s with a good driver....

trekster
06-22-04, 05:46 PM
It's the magician not the wand. You should be asking yourself if she knows how to shift better than you.

trekster
06-22-04, 05:48 PM
As much as I hate imports, and love the V, the STI is good for 12s with a good driver....With a good driver the STI is capable of doing low 13's actually. Unless, of course i'm wrong.

Nic00Z28M6
06-22-04, 05:52 PM
you should each carry 2 or 3 witnesses to make sure the results are accurately reported. Ahh, that's what video cameras are for. :)

Nic00Z28M6
06-22-04, 05:53 PM
V guys -- Watch for these if you wanna play in PHX area. They are sleepers as well. Sorry Nic and Bryce, can't have my V brothers owned.
I don't know what you are talking about. They are just simple bolt on cars. :suspect:

DgtalPimp
06-22-04, 06:12 PM
It's the magician not the wand. You should be asking yourself if she knows how to shift better than you.
While I see your truth in the magician not the wand comment, there is also the truth of inches matter (get your mind out of the gutter:tisk: , I am talking about Cubic inches)

Dgtal

DgtalPimp
06-22-04, 06:14 PM
I don't know what you are talking about. They are just simple bolt on cars. :suspect:
I was told you and your roommate are running pretty quick. If Your running 12.5 or slower I'll play.

Dgtal

trekster
06-22-04, 06:23 PM
While I see your truth in the magician not the wand comment, there is also the truth of inches matter (get your mind out of the gutter:tisk: , I am talking about Cubic inches)

Dgtal:hide:

urbanski
06-22-04, 06:27 PM
I see the green now.

Dgtalvery very nice rides.....what does PHX mean?

trekster
06-22-04, 06:30 PM
very very nice rides.....what does PHX mean?Phoenix I'm assuming.

DgtalPimp
06-22-04, 06:37 PM
To make the race fair (and you will now win for sure, twisties or not), you should each carry 2 or 3 witnesses to make sure the results are accurately reported.

For reporting purposes only we should include a couple passengers, they may even help encourage the shift points.

Dgtal

DgtalPimp
06-22-04, 06:40 PM
Phoenix I'm assuming.
Correct.

PHX is the airport code for Phoenix.

Dgtal

Nic00Z28M6
06-22-04, 07:05 PM
I was told you and your roommate are running pretty quick. If Your running 12.5 or slower I'll play. Bah, it's all rumors. :shhh:

DgtalPimp
06-22-04, 07:07 PM
Good rumors to have going around.:D

urbanski
06-22-04, 08:34 PM
Correct.

PHX is the airport code for Phoenix.

Dgtal:(
i thought it had something to do with cars.....shows how much I'm paying attention

DgtalPimp
06-22-04, 08:41 PM
:(
i thought it had something to do with cars.....shows how much I'm paying attention

You can run cars on the runways. Cept not at Sky Harbor (PHX airport)

Dgtal

Cal
06-23-04, 12:27 AM
I watched a guy with a heavily modded EVO (everything but stage 2 turbo) struggling to run 12.6 he was having traction issues, at Englishtown a week or two ago.

STi will have you off the line till the torque band kicks in. I have gone with an Evo and he pulled away off the jump (I gave him a little) but had no hope of pulling away. Middle gears the V should roll the STi. Over 120-130 forget about it, maybe even over 100 I haven't gotten it up that high with either car yet. Those 4 cylinders were just not meant for that kind of abuse.

Whoever was talking about the STi handling better than the V was on drugs, incidentally. At least with FG2, even stock it should have no problems.

I ran with an STi at Pocono and they are nothing special on a road course. I figured they would be superior due to the AWD but there were other cars that easily outhandled them, including mine... pre-FG2. :cool:

In twisties and/or traffic it is all about the driver. In a straight line it's less about the driver, but if you can't beat a freaking GIRL then you may as well drive the V straight into the scrapyard. :D

Devil_concours
06-23-04, 12:38 AM
I watched a guy with a heavily modded EVO (everything but stage 2 turbo) struggling to run 12.6 he was having traction issues, at Englishtown a week or two ago.

STi will have you off the line till the torque band kicks in. I have gone with an Evo and he pulled away off the jump (I gave him a little) but had no hope of pulling away. Middle gears the V should roll the STi. Over 120-130 forget about it, maybe even over 100 I haven't gotten it up that high with either car yet. Those 4 cylinders were just not meant for that kind of abuse.

Whoever was talking about the STi handling better than the V was on drugs, incidentally. At least with FG2, even stock it should have no problems.

I ran with an STi at Pocono and they are nothing special on a road course. I figured they would be superior due to the AWD but there were other cars that easily outhandled them, including mine... pre-FG2. :cool:

In twisties and/or traffic it is all about the driver. In a straight line it's less about the driver, but if you can't beat a freaking GIRL then you may as well drive the V straight into the scrapyard. :D
Watch for evos and stis. I think i saw an Evo VIII MR FQJ20 run nearly same time as lamborghini gallado at the track and sti not too far behind. 1:25.8 v 1:26 v 1:29
Also turbo cars are easy tweak. Install a downpipe boom you have a significant horsepower boost.

here is link to evo mr
http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=39&article_id=1254
key points

The new MR version looks to make the Evo an even more enjoyable ride with the addition of a larger turbocharger for improved low- and mid-range power and an extra gear in the form of a new 6-speed gearbox. The MR also sheds about 300 pounds, thanks to a new aluminum roof and lightweight alloy BBS wheels. Improved handling is achieved with even stickier Yokohama Advan tires, revised suspension and Mitsubishi’s famous active center differential, helping to elevate its skidpad number from 0.88g in stock form to a whopping 0.98g for the MR.

Cal
06-23-04, 02:06 AM
Don't get me wrong they are good cars for the money. I am still strongly considering picking one up but it would only be for WRC purposes, I wouldn't take it anywhere other than in a trailer. I'd probably go with the EVO over the STi for personal reasons.

But as far as street racing goes, turbo cars will always be less reliable, and a 4 cylinder is simply not meant for the abuse no matter what you do to it. Luckily their engines are not 30k crated like ours. Again these are just my opinions and I am sure the EVO and STi can hang mighty well with the bigger boys, but you are kind of comparing apples and oranges in my opinion.

A good driver in a V should beat a good driver in an STi or EVO when it comes to road/traffic/street racing. In the 1/4mi the cars should be about even when bone stock, with the STi possibly having a slight advantage, and on gravel I think a V with nubbies would waste em!

:drinker

benjet
06-23-04, 04:05 AM
Luckily their engines are not 30k crated like ours.
Pardon?

StealthV
06-23-04, 07:39 AM
A brand new, complete LS6 (minus PCM and harness) is under $8k
http://www.paceparts.com/images/products/manufacturer/GM/images/12562190.jpg

A new LS6 longblock is under $5.5k
http://www.paceparts.com/images/products/manufacturer/GM/images/12498399_engine.jpg

DgtalPimp
06-23-04, 10:22 AM
Damn, Cal bringing the heat.

Well I want to run her with apples to apples (both of us stock). I also want to do multiple runs ¼, ½, 30 MPH roll on to 150 MPH, etc. I would like to also do video on the runs.

I think I know where I can do this (in AZ) and not worry about any other vehicles, or the long arm asking us to bring the MPH back to civilian standards.

Maybe Cal had a little drink or ten last night with the 30K crate motor comment. :drinker

Dgtal

Vrocks
06-23-04, 10:47 AM
"I think i saw an Evo VIII MR FQJ20 run nearly the same time as lamborghini gallado ...." That's a fast car but I saw an Evo XVIII RTT32V WR9 Type Super R+++ run a 9 flat :D .

DgtalPimp
06-23-04, 11:08 AM
Evo XVIII RTT32V WR9 Type Super R+++ run a 9 flat :D .
What the funk is that? Post link if you got an explanation of that car.

Dgtal

urbanski
06-23-04, 05:43 PM
What the funk is that? Post link if you got an explanation of that car.

Dgtal
i think he's funnin with ya :D

DgtalPimp
06-23-04, 05:45 PM
Lights are on but noone is home......

urbanski
06-23-04, 05:47 PM
Lights are on but noone is home......like me and not knowing what PHX is :)

2004ctsv
06-23-04, 11:17 PM
On a closed course with enough straight away for the V to get into high rpm 3rd and 4th, you may be surprised by the V

But the STi will eat you up in the tight turns.

Been there, done that - the STi running a 40/60 split traction owned the bends

Cal
06-24-04, 12:07 AM
I meant a GOOD engine, like a 447, but I think those are still sub-30k. Whatever.

:lildevil:

As far as the STi taking it in the tight turns, I'd have to see 40 ft. cone comparisons because I know the V beat all the Ms and other luxury sport sedans in Autoweek, with the longest wheel base and as much as 7-800 lbs. more weight.

V w/ FG2 vs. STi I think it would be 99% driver at that point. As I said I saw STi's run at Pocono when I was there and they were either not driven well or nowhere near the car I had expected. M3s and S4s were hanging with them no problem, and according at least one mag the V beats both those cars in the tight cones.

Devil_concours
06-24-04, 01:24 AM
"I think i saw an Evo VIII MR FQJ20 run nearly the same time as lamborghini gallado ...." That's a fast car but I saw an Evo XVIII RTT32V WR9 Type Super R+++ run a 9 flat :D .
japanese with their funny names except this is their 8th evo and mr is the lighter version with bigger turbo.

wildwhl
06-24-04, 11:19 AM
I meant a GOOD engine, like a 447, but I think those are still sub-30k. Whatever.

:lildevil:

As far as the STi taking it in the tight turns, I'd have to see 40 ft. cone comparisons because I know the V beat all the Ms and other luxury sport sedans in Autoweek, with the longest wheel base and as much as 7-800 lbs. more weight.

V w/ FG2 vs. STi I think it would be 99% driver at that point. As I said I saw STi's run at Pocono when I was there and they were either not driven well or nowhere near the car I had expected. M3s and S4s were hanging with them no problem, and according at least one mag the V beats both those cars in the tight cones.

Cal -

I've seen you mention 40 ft. cone comparisons before. Sorry if this is a silly question, but what are they? Is it a slalom with 40 foot spacing?

Bill

Hupperware
06-24-04, 12:56 PM
Well I want to run her with apples to apples (both of us stock). I also want to do multiple runs ¼, ½, 30 MPH roll on to 150 MPH, etc. I would like to also do video on the runs.
If you want to play like the Fast and Furious, you gotta live your life a ¼ mile at a time. Everyone knows what happens with the Z06 engine in all the other options. But to let you feel like the 18K more you paid for the CTS-V is worth it, I'll let you smoke the STi in the other two scenarios. But when we play real apples to apples (both of us spending 50K) then we will see what 50K car is faster. :want:

DgtalPimp
06-24-04, 01:13 PM
If you want to play like the Fast and Furious, you gotta live your life a ¼ mile at a time. Everyone knows what happens with the Z06 engine in all the other options. But to let you feel like the 18K more you paid for the CTS-V is worth it, I'll let you smoke the STi in the other two scenarios. But when we play real apples to apples (both of us spending 50K) then we will see what 50K car is faster. :want:
The fact that both cars are stock is an apple to apple run in my opinion. Dollar amount has nothing to do with the comparison of stock cars. If I line up against a Enzo with my V it is an apple to apple comparison. His apple is faster. If I want to buy that apple then money becomes a factor. If we had modded cars, then the mods would need to be similar (huffer on each, but brand maybe diff) to be apple to apple.

I like your wording of "I'll let you smoke the STi in the other two scenarios". You get to make the choice of letting me smoke the STi in the other two scenarios. My driving skills vs. the other driver plus the ability of the cars make the choice of how is the victor and how is not.

I understand your concern with the other runs. I realize you don’t want to spend the rest of the day cleaning my dust off the front of the car.

Dgtal

DgtalPimp
06-24-04, 01:15 PM
If you want to play like the Fast and Furious, you gotta live your life a ¼ mile at a time.
If we are playing fast and furious, do I get the flames paint and you get the polka dots or vice versa?

Dgtal

Nic00Z28M6
06-24-04, 02:04 PM
I think we need less talk more racing. :) In all reality though, 120 mph is more than adequate for a drag race. We aren't running the silver state classic here. I would also be more than willing to pilot the STi in the drag race or any of the NASA/ASRA events at fireturd or PIR.

DgtalPimp
06-24-04, 02:36 PM
Sunday!!!

Sunday!!!

Sunday!!!

(you got to do the voice part)

HURRY, come one come all...

The Sti vs. CTS-V racing in PHX should be piloted by the orginal drivers mentioned in this thread (Kat-STi vs. DgtalPimp-CTS-V).

Nic -- I am sure there are better drivers out there that can ekk the final .1 seconds out of the car, like you. But I would venture to say for this run Kat and I are adequate for the comparison.

You mentioned 120 mph is a good number for a drag race (and it is). I was talking about multiple runs one of which is a drag race (STi advantage), while other runs might lend a bit of advantage to the CTS-V.

The whole reason for this is out of friendly competition. Kat and I have competed at different things quite a while ago and it sparked my competitive side when she was telling me “My car is faster” (on a side note I think the correct term is quicker not faster.). So I said “hey we should run them off”.

One other thing, I wonder what a modded 350Z would do against a V ….HHhhmmmmm

Dgtal

urbanski
06-24-04, 02:44 PM
so, what does PHX mean?

:D ;) :p

DgtalPimp
06-24-04, 02:52 PM
I don't know I read it on a nother posting so i figured I would use it.

Trilio
06-24-04, 04:21 PM
First off I need to say that the sti is a fantastic car but I hope your friend is under 30 years old because anyone older is going to look like a fool driving one of those rice rockets. I took on an sti and kicked him but we were already rolling. Had it out with an Evo and off the line he edged me but whether he didn't know how to shift or didn't know how to manage that turbo charger, he couldn't catch me. Both of those cars are great but not that light weight due to size and all wheel drive. They are both great on a road track too. If I was a kid, didn't care how ugly my car was or the place of origin, I would certainly consider either one. But i'm not, I do and I do, so the Cadillac is just the ticket. Get these cars serious at over 120 MPH and the Cadillac will not look back and all the while with class and comfort. Two different ways to enjoy cars, it's a great time to be a car lover!

DgtalPimp
06-24-04, 04:30 PM
I first posted this link as a ball busting post with my friend. I didn't realize how much fun it would be to here all the others chime in about the "kids" and their cars. I am not a old man in a caddy, and the reason I went for a luxury sport sedan is so I can drive four comfortably and still turn her up when I want. One thing about the world there are full of different folks and they have different strokes (literally).

Dgtal

Cal
06-24-04, 04:44 PM
I think there are one or two 18-19 year olds here at least with a V, no? Most of the youngins are in the 23+ range.

Like I said I would buy an EVO or STi in a heartbeat, but only if I was putting it in a trailer with 4 nubbies to take to the rally track.

Different tools for different situations. They make okay street cars but they are rally-inspired street cars. They are better off road. I don't race with my Explorer, but you better believe I don't hesitate to take that thing through all terrains.

But as far as bang for your buck under (well, right around) 30 grand? I'd say you can't beat either of those cars.

If I was going to buy a sub-30k car to screw with people on the streets, it'd be that new 205hp Mini Cooper S.

DgtalPimp
06-24-04, 04:52 PM
Cal -- I agree on the sub 30K mini cooper S.

Dgtal

Silver Baron
06-24-04, 06:52 PM
Minni Cooper S?

Cal and DgtalPimp
I hear you :bouncy:

Check us out at last years Targa Newfoundland.

See also the feature at DREAMCAR Garage:
http://www.dreamcargarage.com/viewers_rides_v2/20040305_viewers_ride.htm?c1=newsletter&source=20040305&kw=viewers_ride

Guess what car we are taking this year? :canttalk:

I am posting more details after the weekend. :shhh:

DgtalPimp
06-24-04, 08:22 PM
Silver -- Just curious, would you run that cooper S against a V?

Dgtal

Devil_concours
06-24-04, 08:26 PM
I think there are one or two 18-19 year olds here at least with a V, no? Most of the youngins are in the 23+ range.

Like I said I would buy an EVO or STi in a heartbeat, but only if I was putting it in a trailer with 4 nubbies to take to the rally track.

Different tools for different situations. They make okay street cars but they are rally-inspired street cars. They are better off road. I don't race with my Explorer, but you better believe I don't hesitate to take that thing through all terrains.

But as far as bang for your buck under (well, right around) 30 grand? I'd say you can't beat either of those cars.

If I was going to buy a sub-30k car to screw with people on the streets, it'd be that new 205hp Mini Cooper S.
it it was up to me, i will probably get evo viii rs.

DgtalPimp
06-24-04, 08:31 PM
I would get a Evo XVIII RTT32V WR9 Type Super R+++ V version.

That's a fast car but I saw an Evo XVIII RTT32V WR9 Type Super R+++ run a 9 flat :D .

Dgtal

Devil_concours
06-24-04, 08:47 PM
I would get a Evo XVIII RTT32V WR9 Type Super R+++ V version.

Dgtal
damn you guys. That model i listed is real :D
At least i didn't type Nissan Skyline GTR R34 Spec-v Nur edition oops :D

Cal
06-24-04, 08:52 PM
Any work done under the hood of the Cooper? Can you fit a 350 in there? :rolleyes:

Silver Baron
06-24-04, 11:02 PM
Here some interesting #s.

Cooper S / Silver Baron / CTS-V / STI / Boxter S / M3 CSL/ Suzuki GSX-R / Caterham R500

HP 163 - 210 - 400 - 300 - 252 - 360 - 162 - 250

Weight (kg) 1220 - 1150 - 1750 - 1484 - 1386 - 1385 - 168 - 450

HP/tonne 133 - 182 - 228 - 202 - 182 - 260 - 964 - 556

0-60 mph 7.4 - 5.5 - 4.6 (?) - 4.9 (?) 5.3 - 4.6 - 2.64 - 3.21

0-100 mph ? - ? - ? - ? - 13 - 10.8 - 5.03 - 6.9

0-100-0 ? - ? - ? - ? - 17.6 - 15.2 - 10.89 - 10.73

Some results are taken from AUTOCAR magazine issue 17, April 2004. They tested 50+ cars. Great article, check Barnes
PS: Sorry, but I cannot figure out how to post a table properly.:drinker

DgtalPimp
06-25-04, 08:52 AM
Any work done under the hood of the Cooper? Can you fit a 350 in there? :rolleyes:
350??? would be as big as the front end. Wouldn't that also throw the weight off?

I was thinking, for a cooper V, bore, stroke, larger injectors, turbo, and maybe even some spray. Would be sick for HP/weight. Drop the car just a little more find even fatter tires so you can get as much to the ground as possible.

Dgtal

Cal
06-25-04, 09:59 AM
Was just a thought. :coolgleam

The thing already handles like a go kart how much more rubber do you need? I guess you may need slicks to get it launched properly to gauge 1/4 mi. times, that's about it.

Cal
06-25-04, 10:03 AM
Cal -

I've seen you mention 40 ft. cone comparisons before. Sorry if this is a silly question, but what are they? Is it a slalom with 40 foot spacing?

Bill

Yep. The Autoweek article was posted on here where the V beat all the other cars in the 40 ft. cones, then in the Car & Driver or MT or whatever it was with the XJS-R and the V they used 60 ft. cones and the 2 cars matched up evenly according to their terrible drivers. ;)

Devil_concours
06-25-04, 10:36 AM
350??? would be as big as the front end. Wouldn't that also throw the weight off?

I was thinking, for a cooper V, bore, stroke, larger injectors, turbo, and maybe even some spray. Would be sick for HP/weight. Drop the car just a little more find even fatter tires so you can get as much to the ground as possible.

Dgtal
cooper s has a blower installed from factory.

DgtalPimp
06-25-04, 10:44 AM
cooper s has a blower installed from factory.
Maybe tweak the huffer then in place of the turbo?

Dgtal

Cal
06-25-04, 01:19 PM
Gotta run at least 20lbs of boost through that baby with a rebuilt engine.

How much could it possibly cost to redo a 4 banger.

Nic00Z28M6
06-25-04, 01:24 PM
Dgtal, I have another race for you. A foxbody mustang, just ran a 12.6 at speedworld last weekend. Want to run em this weekend?

DgtalPimp
06-26-04, 01:54 AM
Dgtal, I have another race for you. A foxbody mustang, just ran a 12.6 at speedworld last weekend. Want to run em this weekend?
Nic -- talk to Kat to get my cell or email me at dgtalpimp@pimpdaddy.com

Dgtal

DgtalPimp
06-26-04, 01:57 AM
A rolling start? quarter? 130 top ? post or call for details. Bring your camera so we can post here.

Dgtal

DgtalPimp
06-28-04, 10:19 AM
I looked but found no wrx STi this weekend.

Dgtal

Devil_concours
06-28-04, 10:23 AM
Gotta run at least 20lbs of boost through that baby with a rebuilt engine.

How much could it possibly cost to redo a 4 banger.
sti and evo are both built engine from factory so turning up the boost shouldn't be a problem

Nic00Z28M6
06-28-04, 12:40 PM
Dgtal, I think Kat and Lance were out of town this weekend and I was extremely busy. I will see when the guy with the mustang wants to race and email you.

DgtalPimp
06-28-04, 12:54 PM
Dgtal, I think Kat and Lance were out of town this weekend and I was extremely busy. I will see when the guy with the mustang wants to race and email you.Nic-- Yeah I heard she got older :lildevil:, and they went north. email for a good couple runs this coming holiday weekend. What has the guy done to get his mustang to run 12.6?

Dgtal (dgtalpimp@pimpdaddy.com)

Nic00Z28M6
06-28-04, 04:02 PM
Racing on 4th of july weekend is bad news. You have mail.

DgtalPimp
06-29-04, 10:34 AM
Nic, got your email and returned one. During the day I have not access to email (F*ing corporate proxy). If you wanna talk here is good or I can give other email tonight.

Nic00Z28M6
06-29-04, 01:04 PM
I sent another email back. In your reply just give your other email addy.

Clintonwmills
06-29-04, 01:58 PM
FYI, raced a STI yesterday, from 20-105. I pulled on him from 20-40 then he stayed tight until 90, then I pulled a little more. Was about 1 to two car lengths away. Pretty good, but if he is low 13, I think he would do a little better. Could it be the driving, I don't know? I run 13.3 so I would think I know some what of what I am doing in my V. I have also raced STI from the stop but not yesterday. Wish I had the chance, that is where he would start in front and it would be hard to pull. I am going to the track tonight to try and beat 13.3!

Shinkaze
06-29-04, 01:59 PM
God I hate doing this but I'm going to quote some magazine test results (cringe). All sources Motor Trend

CTS-V
0-60:5.1
Qtr mile:13.48 @ 105.33
600-ft slalom, mph:65.0
Braking, 60-0 mph, ft:121

Subaru WRX STi
0-60:4.87
Qtr mile:13.23@104.6
600-ft slalom, mph:69.1
Braking, 60-0 mph, ft:111

Mitsubishi Lancer EVO
0-60:4.59
Qtr mile:13.08@105.1
600-ft slalom, mph:71.4
Braking, 60-0 mph, ft:106

Source:http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedan/112_0306_frstsub/index2.html
Source:http://motortrend.com/roadtests/luxury/112_0404_400club/index6.html

I feel so tainted. ugh.

Anyhow, give Credit where it is Due, the STi/EVO are built for handling and acceleration first everything else second. The quality of their interiors reflect that fact. The CTS-V is a performer, but it's built for Sport-Luxury. The STi is a one trick pony, (performance) and the CTS-V is playing in their home territiory when you judge the car by that foil alone. If you want to compare GM's one trick Performance Pony to Subarus, then put a Z06 in the mix. I know when it comes time to cart 4 people around they'll want to ride in the Cadillac, not the Subaru.

Good luck in the race though. My Advice is race from a roll if you want a chance and stay away from the twisties.

-Adam

DgtalPimp
06-29-04, 02:19 PM
Good luck in the race though. My Advice is race from a roll if you want a chance and stay away from the twisties.
-Adam
Thanks for your input. I do want to see real world drivers and real world performance for the two cars, plus the friendly rib jabbing. I don't expect to walk away with all the runs under my belt as a victor. I do expect to walk away with some as a victor, some as a draw, and some whit the wrx STi as victor. I would not change my choice of car based on these victories, loses. I am very happy with my V.

Nic00Z28M6
09-24-04, 01:55 PM
:hide:

Dreamin
09-24-04, 02:27 PM
This is a three-month old thread man... what does ":hide:" mean??

Nic00Z28M6
09-24-04, 02:50 PM
:shhh:

StealthV
09-24-04, 04:00 PM
:hide: means Subie > V eh?

DgtalPimp
09-24-04, 04:07 PM
I think Nic is suggesting Kat and I find out which car does what.

Nic, I am booked up on Saturday. Sunday evening is better for this weekend. You wanna set this up? I think you have my cell if not email and I'll call ya.

Devil_concours
09-25-04, 01:38 PM
I think Nic is suggesting Kat and I find out which car does what.

Nic, I am booked up on Saturday. Sunday evening is better for this weekend. You wanna set this up? I think you have my cell if not email and I'll call ya.

hopefully that wrx didn't get too much done to the car