: cd player in eldorado

Talamant3z
11-11-08, 12:54 AM
ok i wanted to keep the car with the stock look. could this cd player work? click here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-DeVille-Eldorado-Seville-OEM-CD-Cassette-Radio_W0QQitemZ190265723825QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_ Audio_Video?hash=item190265723825&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A727%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318 ) i know it says 98 and up but i realy want it to fit lol i know how to install aftermarket radios but i really want it to look stock. anyway it can work

edit: forgot i have a 97 eldorado with stock tape player no bose

N*Caddy
11-11-08, 01:08 AM
i really want it to look stock
Good for you!

The question is do you have BOSE or not in your Eldo?
If you do…it will work (with some tricks). If not, well you are on the same path as I am. I have no BOSE in my STS but I am in the middle of converting to BOSE. So far I have the rear speakers, the RIM, the exact CD player from your picture and almost all connectors I need. Still looking for front BOSE speakers.
Now, when you purchase the CD player make sure they give you the donor vehicle VIN number along with a legal proof of purchase. You will need that in order to have the dealer programming the HU for your car. Notice all post ’98 cars have theft lock. You might have hard time with the dealer doing this since is not something that would normally be done for a ’97. I think somebody posted here what you should tell the dealer to do with the TECH II tool if is going the “that’s impossible for a ‘97” path. If I remember correctly is just a matter of setting the tool as if the car will be ‘98 or above.
I am also interested in this if somebody who had done this can chime in so I don’t have to search for that thread myself.

N*Caddy
11-11-08, 01:23 AM
Oh, no BOSE… well it will cost a little bit more…
You need to:

Purchase a RIM P#16246666. Here is how it looks:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45402&d=1224434614
Change all 4 speakers with BOSE speakers (they come with the amplifiers). You can find on e-bay a set of new ones! for no more than $110 (rear pair). Front speakers for Eldo also available right now on E-Bay.

Rewire the car: purchase one male and one female connector (that looks exactly like the one in the back of your HU), 4 BOSE speakers female connectors and one male and one female CD Changer connector…aaa and the two RIM connectors and … 2 BOSE relays. You need all these parts to rewire the car sound system. I can send you all the information you need (witch wire goes where) but is a lot of work. I will do-it once the winter is over (May or so). Airplane view: you need to send the audio signal (2ch+1ch) from the HU to the RIM (in the trunk). Wire the BOSE relays to the RIM and from there to the speaker amplifiers. Also wire the audio wires from the RIM to each speaker (need new set of wires all together). The audio signal from the CD changer will be detoured to the RIM rather than the HU as in the standard setup.

Also read my post in the Audio/Video and Security Systems section (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-audio-video-security-systems/151341-98-eldorado-cassette-only-want-cd-2.html).

mythy
11-12-08, 12:21 AM
You could just pay $80 ish and get the trunk CD changer then again I shouldn't talk I just gutted a Golden one at the yard got the speakers and RIM with harness ends and all I'm now just waiting for spring my self :thumbsup: