: For all the Devil Dogs on here

93DevilleUSMC
11-10-08, 10:05 PM
Today is 10 November 2008, the 233rd birthday of the Marine Corps. Post here if you are in the Corps now or if you have been. Family members and friends are also welcome to post.

Semper Fidelis.

c5 rv
11-11-08, 12:13 AM
I called my son this morning to wish him happy birthday. He's a fulltime student now and was headed for class. The USMC flag was flying above the Michigan state capitol today instead of the state flag.

dkozloski
11-11-08, 12:27 AM
How about a tribute to all the sailors that volunteer to stand the Marine's duty for them so they don't have to miss the Marine Corps ball. I did it a couple of times and I'm sure there are others on here who have done the same.

93DevilleUSMC
11-11-08, 06:47 AM
How about a tribute to all the sailors that volunteer to stand the Marine's duty for them so they don't have to miss the Marine Corps ball. I did it a couple of times and I'm sure there are others on here who have done the same.

Thanks for that, and thanks for putting up with every drunk-off-his-arse Marine who stumbled out of said Marine Corps balls.

93DevilleUSMC
11-11-08, 06:49 AM
I called my son this morning to wish him happy birthday. He's a fulltime student now and was headed for class. The USMC flag was flying above the Michigan state capitol today instead of the state flag.

You in the Corps yourself? That's awesome about the state capitol; I didn't think state governments ever did that kind of thing.

c5 rv
11-11-08, 08:41 AM
You in the Corps yourself? That's awesome about the state capitol; I didn't think state governments ever did that kind of thing.

I did not serve. When I graduated from high school in the mid-70s, my parents and brother, who served in the Navy, stressed going to college. One of my sons served two tours in Iraq and "liked" it so much he went back for another year as a network consultant.

As I walked up Michigan Ave. in Lansing early yesterday, I looked up at the Capitol dome and was surprised to see the Marine flag under the Stars and Stripes.

EcSTSatic
11-11-08, 10:12 AM
Semper Fi Devil Dogs!
Farewell Marine (http://00f2630.netsolhost.com/farewellmarine.html)

And a salute to the Army, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard on this Veteran's Day :tearflag:

93DevilleUSMC
11-12-08, 01:51 AM
I did not serve. When I graduated from high school in the mid-70s, my parents and brother, who served in the Navy, stressed going to college. One of my sons served two tours in Iraq and "liked" it so much he went back for another year as a network consultant.

As I walked up Michigan Ave. in Lansing early yesterday, I looked up at the Capitol dome and was surprised to see the Marine flag under the Stars and Stripes.

Oh ok. How high up the ranks did your son get?

93DevilleUSMC
11-12-08, 01:56 AM
:pow-mia:

Semper Fi Devil Dogs!
Farewell Marine (http://00f2630.netsolhost.com/farewellmarine.html)

And a salute to the Army, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard on this Veteran's Day :tearflag:

c5 rv
11-12-08, 01:58 PM
Oh ok. How high up the ranks did your son get?

Corporal. That's when all my gifts from him started having a red stripe on them.

93DevilleUSMC
11-13-08, 05:01 AM
Corporal. That's when all my gifts from him started having a red stripe on them.

:cool2: I'll bet he was damn proud of it, too.

Devildogg13
11-13-08, 03:54 PM
OOrah my fellow devildogs. I texted everyone I had phone numbers for that I knew from cssd-16, vma 214, and all my 0311 boys, not one missed sending a response. That my friend is brotherhood. Thanks for starting the thread.

93DevilleUSMC
11-14-08, 05:43 AM
OOrah my fellow devildogs. I texted everyone I had phone numbers for that I knew from cssd-16, vma 214, and all my 0311 boys, not one missed sending a response. That my friend is brotherhood. Thanks for starting the thread.

Anytime, brother. Semper Fi.

Eld01
11-14-08, 08:57 AM
My thanks to all that serve, past and present. And a little extra for my daughter.

EcSTSatic
11-14-08, 09:25 AM

Where are the Blacksheep stationed now? When I was in they were flying A4 Skyhawks out of El Toro. We flew RF4B recon birds in VMCJ-1/VMFP-3 on the other side of the field.