: New owner today

Late BrakeU2
06-22-04, 03:11 PM
Picking up a plat/ebony 05 this morning,I was going to order one but this one just came off the truck yesterday.Got it for 50 k even and i'm in So Cal so the dealz are out there fellers- I bought the 05 because it's probably the last year for the LS6, In time I think these will have some collector value due to the low production #s.
Hey for all you guys planning a lawsuit,change your shock mount rubber in the rear to minimize hop,and I think the engine focus mounts might be contributing to the disparity in crank/rwhp.It's a caddy,not a bracket car!,lol

This thing has got to be the ultimate sleeper!, can't wait to humble a few exotic car strokes in the canyons,er..I mean at closed course sanctioned speed events :D

urbanski
06-22-04, 03:19 PM
tell me more about these shock mounts you speak of... please.

trekster
06-22-04, 06:18 PM
Congrats, and what part of so cal are you from?

StealthV
06-22-04, 07:56 PM
Picking up a plat/ebony 05 this morning....got it for 50 k ....change your shock mount rubber in the rear to minimize hop........
Congrats on the new Caddy. :worship: V

Did you get the sunroof and/or FG2 package?

Shock mount...an aftermarket company has these for the V?

Vedder
06-22-04, 09:48 PM
What dealer did you get your deal at?:rolleyes:

Late BrakeU2
06-23-04, 01:29 PM
I didn't want the FG2 as I prefer the characteristics of softer dampers for all around driveability.Changing the rubber grommets to delron at the tower mounts might reduce oscillation under"sprited" driving- I'm unaware of anyone making these specifically for V,but it's a fairly simple deal and no where near the cost of new shocks and won't sacrifice ride quality(as much).Since the FG2 reduces a large% of hop the argument could be made it's the rebound valving,but the EMT tires have a much higher amount of unsprung rotating mass and pickup point rubber is really swimming around under that much load.I don't think the car was intended for laying rubber as much as pulling a G on the pad,whatever blows yer hair back!

I purchased the car at Martin Cad in west L.A.,although I found a dealer in Michigan who would have built me one w/roof for $49,300..but after shipping it would have been a wash so I chose this one-you can have any dealer build you a car and have it courtesy delivered to local dealership,but they all want a fee for processing and come warranty time less clout.

JMHO