: Deutsche bank views GM stock as worthless, sets $0 price target

Blackout
11-10-08, 12:29 PM
http://jalopnik.com/5081990/deutsche-bank-views-gm-stock-as-worthless-sets-0-price-target

RightTurn
11-11-08, 06:39 PM
OK, I'll take 100 shares. kthx.

mighty_quad4
11-11-08, 06:50 PM
OK, I'll take 100 shares. kthx.
ill take the rest of the shares he did not.

hueterm
11-11-08, 07:11 PM
I think it's only $3 and change now......maybe I will buy some.....

93DevilleUSMC
11-12-08, 10:58 AM
I just bought all of it and now own GM. Any suggestions for improvement, people?

C&C
11-12-08, 11:09 AM
So quick to write us off; maybe that was supposed to be Douche-bag Bank (no offense to our German members). Sorry, just trying to make light of a fairly serious condition. (But I don't think we're 'dead' just yet.)

The Tony Show
11-12-08, 01:19 PM
I just bought all of it and now own GM. Any suggestions for improvement, people?

-Kill Pontiac and GMC- make the HD trucks Chevys and rebadge the G8 as the new Impala.

-Bring out the Cadillac Sixteen on a "made to order" basis for $250,000 (people will buy them), as well as the China market only SLS and Buicks.

-Stop marketing Saturn as a happy, shiny company, but rather as a legitimate competitor to Toyota.

-Replace half of upper Management with people who have brains.

codewize
11-12-08, 01:32 PM
I've been trading GM all year long. So far so good. It's the ONLY NASDAQ stock trading up today. Up $.24 to $3.16.

With 45 million + shares you could actually buy the company for $142,000,000

I think GM will be fine and would buy now or over the next few weeks when it's bouncing around the $3 range.

Lord Cadillac
11-12-08, 01:37 PM
-Kill Pontiac and GMC- make the HD trucks Chevys and rebadge the G8 as the new Impala.

-Bring out the Cadillac Sixteen on a "made to order" basis for $250,000 (people will buy them), as well as the China market only SLS and Buicks.

-Stop marketing Saturn as a happy, shiny company, but rather as a legitimate competitor to Toyota.

I agree with everything mentioned here.....

codewize
11-12-08, 02:38 PM
Sorry, GM trades on the DOW not the Nasdaq. So they're the only stock on the DOW trading up today.

93DevilleUSMC
11-13-08, 07:34 PM

How about rebadge the G8 as the Le Mans, with the performance model being the GTO option?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-13-08, 07:51 PM
Eh, that name has been gone too long...it's irrelevant nowadays.

RightTurn
11-13-08, 07:52 PM
Do you mean LeMans or GTO?

93DevilleUSMC
11-14-08, 04:41 AM
Do you mean LeMans or GTO?

I mean both. The 1963 LeMans was the car the GTO was based off of. In 1964, the LeMans was available with a huge V-8 shoehorned into the engine bay. This option was called the GTO package. Later, GTO became a standalone model. It set the precedent for the muscle car; take a standard two-door coupe based off a sedan and throw in a wildly powerful engine.

Chad, I would also offer the G8 under Chevrolet as the new Impala. Chevy would also get the G8 truck version as the revived El Camino.

93DevilleUSMC
11-14-08, 04:53 AM
Now, as far as GMC goes, what about making them a professional-only line. In other words, not selling them to families or individual buyers, but to construction companies, governmental agencies, and the like? In keeping with that, why not offer them with serious equipment upgrades over Chevrolet, as opposed to the current badged-engineered Chevys they offer now?

Also, who could Hummer be sold to? I'm thinking a European manufacturer here. Ideas?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-14-08, 01:38 PM
How about GMC only builds trucks over one ton?

Brett
11-14-08, 01:44 PM
Sorry, GM trades on the DOW not the Nasdaq. So they're the only stock on the DOW trading up today.

GM trades on the NYSE and is part of the Dow 30, which is an index not an exchange

codewize
11-14-08, 10:39 PM
Yeah that. Eitehr way they were the only stock in the DOW trading on the + side.

GM trades on the NYSE and is part of the Dow 30, which is an index not an exchange