: No. VA Tuner needed - Help

qqik4u
11-10-08, 10:35 AM
Can anyone know of a good tune shop around No. VA area (I can't be without my V as it is my daily driver - sending the PCM is not feasible) - I have been working with Tony's corvette for a couple of years and am looking now for someone else who would know a V. I have had bucking issues, too much, too little fuel, bad exhaust type smell, fumes that Lindsay folks have been very helpful in every aspect of trouble shooting these things and all lead to tune from them.

Much appreciated for the feedback -

Mick

CTSV_510
11-10-08, 12:01 PM
I haven't had personal experience, but I just read a great review about this guy that just tuned someone's Maggied GTO and they were extremely pleased with the increased driveablility. Probably be worth a shot if they're close by.

John Mclaughlin
Khaotic Kreations
540-322-8484
6540 Vint Hill Road
Warrenton, VA 20187
7:00am - 6:00pm M-F
S & S by appointmrnt

qqik4u
11-10-08, 12:33 PM
I haven't had personal experience, but I just read a great review about this guy that just tuned someone's Maggied GTO and they were extremely pleased with the increased driveablility. Probably be worth a shot if they're close by.

John Mclaughlin
Khaotic Kreations
540-322-8484
6540 Vint Hill Road
Warrenton, VA 20187
7:00am - 6:00pm M-F
S & S by appointmrnt

I called John and should be hooking up this weekend or next - I appreciate your help in this "CTS_510"

mICK

CTSV_510
11-10-08, 12:58 PM
No problem, I hope everything works out.

rjoffe
11-10-08, 01:19 PM
Please post your feedback here, as I am interested as well.

cobra29svt
11-10-08, 01:38 PM
LMK if you need another tuner. There is a guy a little more south (Richmond) that only tunes LS motors. Havn't used him personally, but everyone says he is very good.

MIKEC
11-11-08, 09:36 PM
qqik why dont u try damien he installed my maggie,exhaust and tuned it aug 07 and i havent had an issue yet plus he's close by and easy to contact.give me a call on 301-357-7326 and i will put u n touch with him.

ewill3rd
11-11-08, 10:57 PM
Mick, I wish we could help you more.
I personally appreciate your business and hate to see you in this situation but my hands are pretty tied :(

trukk
11-12-08, 10:52 AM
qqik why dont u try damien he installed my maggie,exhaust and tuned it aug 07 and i havent had an issue yet plus he's close by and easy to contact.give me a call on 301-357-7326 and i will put u n touch with him.

Is Damian doing his own tunes now, or is he still using Brett at FBC?

I've had Tony's Corvette's, Brett @ FBC, and Jeff @ PSI all tune my car.

I wasn't very impressed with Tony's.

Brett did a great job, however I had to bring the car back a few times to get it tweaked just right. It was easy for the tweaks though, just show up in the evening, and he'd spend 20 minutes with me. Keep in mind though that FBC is in South Baltimore, so it would be a hump for Mick.

Jeff @ PSI seems very talented, and did a great job on my cam install, however getting anything scheduled with him is a PITA. You ahve to call his grandma's cellphone, and leave a message (no shi!t). Additionally Jeff is in Glen Burnie, which would also be a trek.

I was going to have Damian do my cam install this spring, however he was just moving into his shop, and the logistics just didn't work out. I've had work done by him before, and have been very happy with the results.

My $0.02,

Chris