: Winters coming! What wheels are u rollin' with?

Lu Scola
11-10-08, 04:46 AM
If you live in the northern part of the U.S, then you know about SNOW! That means slippery driving conditions, getting stuck, and SALT! Yes salt is no friend to chrome wheels. I have had custom chrome wheels on mostly every car I have owned. I always take off my chromes and put my factories on right before the snow season begins. I have seen wheels in my time with horrible pitting, oxidized, and discoloring I suspected in part due to snow and salt! I know some people that keep their wheels on, and just clean them frequently after snow and salt driving. Its way too cold for me to do that all winter. So for you guys, do you swap wheels or just keep on your custom wheels?

I am picking up my winter wheels this week. I bought a set of 24" ASA by BBS wheels for the snow season. Im gonna sell the brand new 2008 Chrome factories I just bought 2 weeks ago. I want to keep my 26"s on as long as I can. I want to do the swap right before we start getting snow in my area. Im gonna clean my 26"s up real nice for the spring. I'll polish/wax the chrome, and clean the barrells to a new shine. When I put them on next spring it will feel like getting brand new rims again!

JD001249
11-10-08, 10:56 AM
I keep my 22's on mine, I don't drive my Escalade in the winter.

CaNiBusCK
11-10-08, 11:24 AM
Same here ... The 26's stay on all winter in the nice heated, carpeted garage! Only time they come off is when i'm getting work done on the truck. Winters for the Silverado 2500HD :cool2:

Ra0035
11-10-08, 12:17 PM
I run with Toyo Open Country A/T tires, amazing handling in the winter. Only drawback is they are kinda loud on the freeway at higher speeds

DLE
11-10-08, 12:25 PM
I normally put my stock 17s back on during winter.. I will be swapping out the 24s for the 17s real soon here..

ESCALADOR
11-10-08, 01:23 PM
I'll have the stock 17's on once I hear word of some bad weather.

Povich
11-10-08, 02:50 PM
Stock 17 for me also! In Pa and get plenty of salt on roads with every little snowflake! I do clean them almost everyday though as I park inside warehouse at work!

Spittin Game
11-10-08, 03:51 PM
They dont use salt out here, thank god.

hcvone
11-10-08, 04:30 PM
Used my stock 17's with Revo's on my 03', worked in upstate NY in 4 foot of snow, the only downside was getting out and chipping the ice and snow off the grill so the truck would not overheat, the good thing with the stock 17's if you hit a curb and damage the wheel you can find replacements dirt cheap