: She's back......

DopeStar 156
11-10-08, 03:07 AM
After a one month hiatus my '89 Fleetwood Brougham is back with her heads rebuilt, all new engine seals and gaskets, control arm, A.I.R. tubes, 8 brand new AC Delco plugs, and distributor cap and rotor. The car has never driven like this before, it's like she's right off the showroom floor. I'm SO happy to have her back after so long. We did 150 miles this weekend in the bowels of North Jersey's local and interstate highways and suburban streets and found a party every stop we made. :D

My only complaint however is I think the T.V. Cable needs to be adjusted since the car seems to be losing 10 MPH uphill with the cruise set. Other than this minor hiccup my car is amazing. I spent time sitting at red lights and thought the car had stalled the engine was idling so smoothly. She takes off with more power I've ever seen come out of my 307 ever. I'm simply in Cadillac heaven.....

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-10-08, 02:56 PM
We need pics damnit!!! :D :D

.....or an acceleration video... :sneaky:

DopeStar 156
11-10-08, 11:56 PM
We need pics damnit!!! :D :D

.....or an acceleration video... :sneaky:

Well the car looks the same but I could take a video with a glass of red wine sitting on the hood with zero ripples on top. Haha.

I'm gonna try to get the T.V. Cable adjusted tomorrow and perhaps a new battery since it was suggested I replace it. Fortunately the battery's still under warranty and only a year old so it's FREE! :D The car starts funny, the starter sounds like it doesn't have enough power to kick over so when they threw a jumper pack on the car and started it, the starter cranked normally. Theoretically the battery should fail a load test if that's the case.

90Brougham350
11-11-08, 12:00 AM
That's awesome to hear, but I agree with Chad, we need some pics! It's a great feeling every time you fix or replace something that makes your Cadillac run that much better, and your Brougham has always been a prime example.

Brian

DopeStar 156
11-11-08, 09:19 AM
Ok I'll have to post some pics and a video soon...... As soon as I stop grinning..... :D

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-11-08, 11:19 AM
Well the car looks the same but I could take a video with a glass of red wine sitting on the hood with zero ripples on top. Haha.

Or do like that old Lexus commercial and stack a whole bunch of wine glasses on the hood, showing zero ripples, even under wide open throttle.

96Fleetwood
11-11-08, 10:10 PM
Congrats!

DopeStar 156
11-11-08, 10:22 PM
Or do like that old Lexus commercial and stack a whole bunch of wine glasses on the hood, showing zero ripples, even under wide open throttle.

Not a bad idea.....

gdwriter
11-15-08, 12:46 AM
Good to hear, Dope. I know after finishing the rebuild on Betty's engine, getting to drive her again was sweet. She ran so well -- and still does eight years later.

Destroyer
11-17-08, 12:12 AM
Sweet, I think I'm actually starting to miss my Fleetwood now that gas went down so much, lol. Glad to hear yours is alive and well. I may have to get another. Just bought an '01 LS1 and trans (45k miles) that needs a home.............