: Here's your Top Gear Review of CTS-V, ZR1 and Challenger

The Tony Show
11-09-08, 10:31 PM
Video links here: HERE (http://jalopnik.com/5081442/top-gear-reviews-dodge-challenger-corvette-zr1-cadillac-cts+vand-they-like-them)

The summary:

Car: 2009 Corvette ZR1
Driver: Jeremy Clarkson

Review:"This is made by two fat blokes in Kentucky." "I'm starting to like this Corvette...it isn't the power, it's the surprise of the power. When you're driving a Ferrari Enzo, you're expecting it. This though, it's quiet, it's comfortable, it's beautifullyair-conditioned...so you're simply not ready for the savagery when you put your foot down. I've got a heads-up display with your lateral G...and the best stereo in the world...!" "Man, this is great. " "How can a car as docile as this one be as exciting when the road gets this twisty." "A proper manual gearbox." "Are you listening Ferrari? Well done fat man from Kentucky...this...is...a.masterpiece!"
Bonneville Salt Flat Speed - One Mile Marker: 176.549 MPH

Car: 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Driver: Richard Hammond

Review:"Is that real carbon fiber?" "Challengers aren't very good at this type of thing... (curves)"
Bonneville Salt Flat Speed - One Mile Marker: 150.2 MPH

Car: 2009 Cadillac CTS-V
Driver: James May

Review:"Stupid..." "This isn't a proper luxury car..." "robble, robble, robble..." (Then on the curves) "This is the best American car I've ever driven by a distance as great as this road."
Bonneville Salt Flat Speed - One Mile Marker: 163 MPH

MauiV
11-09-08, 10:54 PM
Yummy

ryannel2003
11-09-08, 11:32 PM
That was incredible.

But extremely factual, of course.

C&C
11-10-08, 06:30 AM
Watched the whole thing; great show. (Great cars too)

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
11-10-08, 01:37 PM
What was that one website that had all the Top Gear episodes on it? I can't seem to find the entire show anywhere.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
11-10-08, 01:46 PM
Never mind, found it. Its Hessmo.com but they don't have the newest episode up yet.

gary88
11-10-08, 02:35 PM
Never mind, found it. Its Hessmo.com but they don't have the newest episode up yet.

This is what I use now

http://www.watchtopgear.net/category/season-12

I can't wait to watch it later, I've been waiting for this one.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
11-10-08, 06:59 PM
^ But that one makes you download some weird program that watches what you type and finds videos based on what it "sees." I hate programs that go and install annoying toolbars at the top of your browser.

MauiV
11-10-08, 07:22 PM
Captain Slow is an idiot

gary88
11-10-08, 08:05 PM
^ But that one makes you download some weird program that watches what you type and finds videos based on what it "sees." I hate programs that go and install annoying toolbars at the top of your browser.

Not if you have a Mac :)

I watched it earlier, great episode. That ZR1 is an absolute beast, the CTS-V lives up to it's expectations, and the Challenger is just poop. Loved when they set off the car alarms.

The Tony Show
11-11-08, 01:09 PM
Clarkson: "My foot slipped off the clutch"

Cop: "Yeah, I'm not buying that for a second"

:lol:

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
11-11-08, 01:46 PM
I watched it on a friend's computer. It was good and I love how James actually came to love his car and went faster than the speed limit.

I also watched the first episode of the season and though it was hilarious. I think its great that Hammond still has Oliver, his car from the Africa episode (That one was almost as funny as the first Top Gear goes to America).

Blackout
11-11-08, 03:34 PM
I watched it on a friend's computer. It was good and I love how James actually came to love his car and went faster than the speed limit.

I also watched the first episode of the season and though it was hilarious. I think its great that Hammond still has Oliver, his car from the Africa episode (That one was almost as funny as the first Top Gear goes to America).

You have to check out their Top Ground Gear Force video. I was crying from laughing so much

gary88
11-11-08, 03:48 PM
You have to check out their Top Ground Gear Force video. I was crying from laughing so much

definitely their most entertaining episode

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-11-08, 05:52 PM
I miss watching the new episodes of TG on BBC every Monday night..

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
11-11-08, 09:26 PM

Where can I find it or what season and what episode so I can watch it on the internet?

Blackout
11-12-08, 06:24 PM
Where can I find it or what season and what episode so I can watch it on the internet?

http://hessmo.com/Hessmo/TG_Specials.html

Second video down

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
11-13-08, 12:15 AM
^ oh, that was a good one. "You can't trim a tree with a shotgun." Poor James, all he wanted was a simple shed.