: New member intro

lovemycadillac
11-09-08, 10:19 AM
Hi everyone,

After browsing the forums for a while, I figure I better introduce myself. My name is Brad, and I live just outside of Flint, Michigan. My love for Cadillacs goes back as far as I can remember. I was always excited when we would pass the local funeral home and their hearse or limousine was outside!

I had dreamed of owning a last gen Eldorado since the mid-90's. A neighbor of mine used to lease a new one every two years, and had one in each of the popular colors. Seeing (and hearing) the Eldorado go by each day when my neighbor arrived home from work, I just had to have one.

Last summer (`07), I was finally finished will college, and able to start looking for an Eldo. After much research, and lurking on here to collect priceless information, I began searching. After looking at what seemed like a million Eldorado's, I came across a Crimson Pearl/Shale 2001 ESC "Spring Edition". I was unable to find out, but I guess the "Spring Edition" includes a wood wheel, Bose, gold stripe and emblems, and chrome wheels (clarification on this is appreciated). Best of all, the car had just under 9,000 miles.

The car had been traded in at a Saturn dealership by a 75 year old lady who bought an Aura. I drove down to the dealership in Indiana, planning to bring the car home. A thorough inspection of this perfect Eldo finalized my decision, and I was on the highway back to Michigan.

My apologies for the long post, but I wanted to share my story with you all. I also want to thank everyone for the wealth of information that is available here. Soon I will attempt to post a photo of my car in the Eldo/Seville section.

Submariner409
11-09-08, 10:41 AM
Welcome aboard.......Nice find !! Feels good when you know the homework paid off, doesn't it ??

Keep reading and contribute anything you come up with in the way of tricks, tips, maintenance, whatever.

Did you have the selling dealer run the VIN through the GM VIS system in order to have a hard copy of all the GM warranty, recall, and service work done to the car ?? Saturn is GM, so they can get you the info. As you already know, if the coolant change has not been done at least once, it's way overdue. As a new owner, take advantage of a fall coolant change special at your local Cadillac dealer; yes, it would cost a bit extra, but its a way to break the ice. The car has extremely low mileage, so you might be well advised to change the oil and filter, too, especially as you just completed a "blow out the cobwebs" road trip.

Probably had a nice drive home ...........

RightTurn
11-09-08, 11:45 AM
Hiya, Brad. :wave: Congrats on the Eldo...and now for the pics!!

orconn
11-09-08, 12:21 PM
What a find! Hope you have as good luck with it as I've had with my Sevilles. Welcome to the Forum.

Cadillacboy
11-10-08, 01:10 PM
Welcome

billc83
11-10-08, 09:04 PM
Welcome, Brad! Under 10,000 miles, for all intents and purposes, is brand new - enjoy your remarkable find!

Rolex
11-10-08, 11:04 PM
:welcome5: Thanks for signing up.

lovemycadillac
11-11-08, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the great welcome. I have learned a great deal here, and hope to continue that! Hopefully I will have a few things to contribute along the way.

Sub, I was able to get the warranty/repair info on the car. The only thing that was done under warranty was repair or replacement of the trunk closing motor/mechanism. Oil and filter has been changed, and I have been enjoying some time in the drivers seat. Coolant change is next on my list! Was going to do it myself, but maybe I will take it to the dealership after all. Thanks for the advice!

Of course, the ride home was excellent. I was sad to have the 5 hour trip come to an end! :bouncy: