: Cost of Differential Bushings w/o warranty?

dvd_supercaddy
11-08-08, 10:10 PM
Does anyone know how much it costs to replace the diff bushings at the dealership?

Twitch
11-08-08, 10:34 PM
Not sure of the price. But uf you can, wait till the UUC bushings come out. Should be much better than stock.

dvd_supercaddy
11-09-08, 03:49 AM
any idea when that will be? wuts the difficulty of the install 1-10

Twitch
11-09-08, 09:37 AM
any idea when that will be? wuts the difficulty of the install 1-10
Should be ready in the next few months. Maybe before the new year.
I would pay a dealer to do the work. You need a special tool. Otherwise you need to remove the diff. I think you then bang out the old bushing, or press it out. It would suck to break the casing while your doing this.
I'm not sure, but I think the tool costs about as much as the install.

nmaier2201
11-09-08, 09:47 AM
:yeah:

dvd_supercaddy
11-09-08, 01:57 PM
Thanx man..hopefully them uuc bushings come out soon.Will there be a package deal..mm, trans and diff bushings?

LV_V
11-09-08, 02:36 PM
hopefully them uuc bushings come out soon.

UUC has got to be the slowest company EVER. These things have been on their way to us for well over a year... Don't hold your breath, but anything is better than the factory bushing, so ya, I hope you CAN hold your breath :bighead:

dvd_supercaddy
11-09-08, 03:54 PM
the clunk is the most annoying thing of all time! the ride would be so much better without it. but i will do my best to wait, ill drive the other car more.

Twitch
11-09-08, 04:13 PM
Yeah, you have no idea how much better the car will feel.

lollygagger8
11-10-08, 12:53 PM
Ya, you need to remove the diff completely to install the new bushing, so I'd say 7 on the 1-10 difficulty scale.
Here's a writeup on diff install. :2thumbs:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/143184-differential-diff-install.html

Then you have to be very careful not to break the diff case when removing/installing new bushing.

I've died twice waiting for UUC products to come out. They make great stuff, but just take foreevvvveeerrrr

dvd_supercaddy
11-10-08, 01:23 PM
thanks alot for the link lollygagger. but im not the most mechanically inclined person. however i got some friends who are, maybe they are up to the task.

it looks like i may have to get bushings at the dealership til the uuc ones are out. but the word is it may be awhile :(