: Problem of the day!

kaustein
11-08-08, 08:26 PM
Yep this is the new problem. No matter what I did the drl wouldn't turn off. Monkeyed around with the headlight switch and it finally went off. OBTW the fog lights won't turn on either. Safe to assume a faulty switch unit?

Your help was fantastic with my abs module problems and I hope someone out there can help with this light problem.

Army_MP_From_MO
11-08-08, 09:25 PM
Yep this is the new problem. No matter what I did the drl wouldn't turn off. Monkeyed around with the headlight switch and it finally went off. OBTW the fog lights won't turn on either. Safe to assume a faulty switch unit?

Your help was fantastic with my abs module problems and I hope someone out there can help with this light problem.

Do you have an owner's manual? If not, I'd look into finding one.

The daylight running lights won't turn off, they come on as soon as you shift out of park. If you are seeing a light on your dash, I'd say it's safe to assume you don't have the twilight function on and when the car thinks you should have lights on it will throw up an amber dash light, it kinda reminds me of a beaker you'd find in a lab. Under the rotating headlight switch there are two switches side by side. The left one turns the twilight function on, I leave it that way and I don't have to worry about turning my lights on and the amber light never lights. The one on the right is for the fog lights. If you turn this switch on and your headlights are on a green indicator shows the fog lights are on. Do you have the switch for the fog lights on? If so, have you replaced the bulbs?

kaustein
11-08-08, 11:39 PM
They stay on when the car is in park, ignition turned off, key out of the ignition, car doors closed, and they are still on. This happen a while ago and I had to pull the underdash fuse to get them off. Now it is back again.

Any ideas?

AHazzardToAll
11-09-08, 10:20 AM
I don't know exactly what you're saying, if the twilight is all the way up they could stay on for 5min after you get out of your car and lock it and yada yada. If they just absolutely will NOT go off, even after a long period of time then do you have any other issues? Like will the radio automatically turn itself off like it's supposed to after like 5min also? If not, have you ever had aftermarket wires in for anything? Underbody led's, aftermarket stereo? you might want to make sure you don't have a remote line crossed with your drl, or any other headlight, side marker, or running lights.

Good luck

kaustein
11-09-08, 05:22 PM
Absolutely no after market items. The just wouldn't turn off. Like I stated, I had to pull the drl fuse/relay from under the dash. I don't know if the problem lie within the main headlight switch unit or somewhere else.