: Camry rental

Albertan
11-07-08, 08:46 PM
So I had a chance to rent a Camry for this weekend. I drove out of the airport parking and thought the lights were really bad. Then I realized that they have to be turned on manually! On to the freeway in Houston. I went to shoulder check and looked right at the door frame. I had to lean foreward to see around it. Got to the parking garage and started to drive around some corners.I realized that I was looking at the front door frame mirror combo. What a blind spot. Then this morningI went to get out of the car at banged my head on the roof as I leaned to get out. Every time I start it it stalls twice then runs fine. On the freeway the car seems to be "porpoising" over any cracks. Brakes seem to be kind of funny as well, seems like they are loose.
Overall, I'm not a fan. Maybe a person would get used to blind spots and engine stalling could be fixed but I was expecting a nice driving car.
Have I been spoiled by Cadillac? Or I'm I looking for problems? It does have a nice little plastic tray in the trunk that would hold small items from flying around the trunk.

Rolex
11-08-08, 05:27 PM
Have I been spoiled by Cadillac?

:yup: :D

Gristle Boy
04-17-09, 07:29 PM
lol. Had similar experience with a Sebring. By the time I got out of the garage I was ready to pull over, call a cab & eat the rental! Thought about my CTS every second I was in that pos.:cursin:
Def spoiled.

eyekandyboats.inc
05-31-09, 01:22 PM
when i went out to Vancouver about 3 weeks ago. i rented a 2009 DTS. . . LOL.. i didn't mind driving it one bit.
i like he int better on my 01 however! and my 01 has more power too.
i enjoyed it.... expensive rental but it was worth it!