: Knoxville TN Meet, Nov. 22nd

Cowan480
11-07-08, 10:27 AM
Ok guys, let's pin down the date.

I have had serveral people want to meet in Knoxville, TN on Saturday, Nov. 22nd. Anyone is welcome to attend this meet. Please note, we do not have an official itinerary at this time, but I can tell you this. The dragon's tail is only 30 mins away, so that's an idea to through out there. I have been on the dragon several times and is one of the most scenic roads in the US. feel free to send me PMs if you would like.

I hope to see all of you there!!

Cowan480
11-07-08, 11:46 PM
Back to the top!!

DRKSIDE
11-17-08, 09:20 PM
GAME ON! PM coming your way!

DRKSIDE
11-17-08, 09:39 PM
FYI - The day looks cool and clear. Dragon should be nice provided plenty of people go through to clear the leaves off the road for us. Should be some good pictures from www.zeefoto.com and www.Killboy.com !

Y'all let me know if you wanna do the Dragon. We could meet in Knoxville for lunch, drive to Maryville/Walland and pick up the Foothills Pkwy. It ends at the base of the Dragon. We drive to the NC side for a break and then drive back for one HELL of a day of crazy driving!

PM me with your thoughts!

Nov 22 Forcast:

Partly Cloudy High
48F

Precip
10%

Wind: NE 5 mph
Max. Humidity: 51%
UV Index: 3 Moderate

Sunrise: 7:19 AM ET
Avg. High: 57F
Record High: 77F (1931)

Clouds Early / Clearing Late Overnight Low
30F

Precip
10%

Wind: SW 3 mph
Max. Humidity: 64%

Sunset: 5:25 PM ET
Avg. Low: 37F
Record Low: 18F (1937)

AirCav
11-18-08, 11:08 AM
Cool. I'm in.

Could check out the Cherohala Skyway. I think it has more open "sweepers" than the dragon, but I'm up for whatever.

Cowan480
11-18-08, 12:36 PM
The skyway is a much more senic road, and I agree, a better road with some great turns!! Just not as popular!!

I'll just have to see how will my car holds up againt yours!!! It's been in the shop four times not three since the build!!

DRKSIDE
11-18-08, 01:57 PM
The Cherohala Skyway is a great road. I am up for it, however I think it is snowcapped right now. Elevation is around 5500 ft. and we just had some weather move through.

I'm still up for it tho! Would make for some sweet pictures!

Cowan480
11-18-08, 01:59 PM
List of V's so far!!!
DRKSIDE
BJCTSV
AIRCAV
COWAN480-ME

We all would like to see more of you make the commute to the Dragon and Foothills Parkway!! I'm driving from VA(24266) if anyone wants to drive down..

DRKSIDE
11-18-08, 08:42 PM
Bump for more V's!

If you live within a couple hundred miles of the Knoxville area - come join us!

VforMe
11-18-08, 08:56 PM
Unfortunately I have to go to out west for business this weekend otherwise I would make the drive to east TN. Let me know when you guys wanna do it again, I'm in.

Nutz
11-18-08, 10:04 PM
Jealous... Wish I could be there again. :sadeyes:
Some really cool twisties!

It's practically a winter wonderland here in Northern Ohio and truckloads of salt everywhere already.
Tear it up fellas.:worship:

CadzillaTN
11-19-08, 12:17 AM
sounds awesome especially after seeing those pics in the other thread and the youtube videos. the smokies are awesome...6-7 hr drive for me though.. and I live in the state!...have fun. I'll be busy on my own dragon--dodging bums on the Memphis freeway... :alchi:

Cowan480
11-19-08, 02:14 PM
:histeric:

DRKSIDE
11-19-08, 03:26 PM
sounds awesome especially after seeing those pics in the other thread and the youtube videos. the smokies are awesome...6-7 hr drive for me though.. and I live in the state!...have fun. I'll be busy on my own dragon--dodging bums on the Memphis freeway... :alchi:

:D I get out to Memphis at least once a year. I'll try to let you know next time I head that way!

It is quite a long state, isn't it? :annoyed:

CadzillaTN
11-20-08, 11:36 PM
:D I get out to Memphis at least once a year. I'll try to let you know next time I head that way!

It is quite a long state, isn't it? :annoyed:

long drive indeed.

I would definitenly appreciate a ride in another stock V, and of course heavily modded one. I haven't let anyone drive mine since I got it. I just dont think they can pick it up in one quick drive, much less to where they could drive it like I drive mine..

have fun this weekend.

Cowan480
11-21-08, 03:00 PM
I agree, I have been across the state several times, and I'd have to say, it's worth a V meet. Esp. my first one!!

See you all tomorrow!!

ROG
11-21-08, 03:26 PM
Sure wish I could be there!!

Schedule one for next spring or summer and I will make it!!!!!

AirCav
11-21-08, 04:36 PM
Sure wish I could be there!!

Schedule one for next spring or summer and I will make it!!!!!Let me know the next time you're visiting M-town and we'll sit down and figure out what the hell happened in that last election! ;)

ROG
11-21-08, 06:05 PM
Let me know the next time you're visiting M-town and we'll sit down and figure out what the hell happened in that last election! ;)

:histeric:

MauiV
11-21-08, 06:28 PM
Wish I could make it down but I am am tied up with a family get together tomorrow. Im sure my brother and sister in law will be down next week to watch the Cats and Vols battle to see who is actually worse.

My car just got finished this afternoon, so I am gonna go pick it up tomorrow and HOPEFULLY the clunk is gone or at least greatly reduced.

Cowan480
11-21-08, 07:49 PM
ok i dont have anyone's cell number. I can't find them in my PM box. Please send me the cell numbers...

So chilli's in Maryville next to the mall at 12pm?? Then we'll hit the road??? Call me!! Im going out for the night!!

Cell:276-210-5107

AirCav
11-22-08, 09:14 AM
Last call.

You still have three hours to make it to K-Town and it's a beautiful day for a drive. C'mon, people, you know you want to! :bouncy:

chris2002wb
11-22-08, 12:37 PM
Man, I step away from the forum for a few days and look what I miss out on, here we finally have a meet in my own town and I miss it!!!!!! I wish I'd have seen this earlier the wife and I would have deffinately been up for a meet, I sure hope we can put something together again soon.

Chris

Cowan480
11-22-08, 06:49 PM
Chris, you did miss out!! I did see a V in Knoxville today. Black on 129 just off I-40. I wonder who that was??:hmm:

DRKSIDE
11-22-08, 09:48 PM
Cowan, Kirk... Thanks for suggesting a meet. I had a great time today!

Cowan, thanks for letting me drive the car! And at the same time, I wish I never had. My car just doesn't seem to pull like it used to and it is missing that "whining" sound. :(

Kirk, good to get to know you! We will definately have to do this again in warmer weather when our tires can stick. And thanks for the inspiration on the grill and FRC's!

Here are a couple of shots. Including the one I almost broke my neck for. :cookoo:

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj167/cchristopherlarue/3Vmountains.jpg

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj167/cchristopherlarue/VdayattheDragon.jpg

Hey AirCav, I snuck this one in on ya:

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj167/cchristopherlarue/20081122_2709.jpg

DRKSIDE
11-22-08, 09:56 PM
Love the video! DRKSIDE, AirCav and Cowan480 in that order (we stuck Cowan in the rear so he wouldn't leave us behind).

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3P4xnKKeFXk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3P4xnKKeFXk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

MauiV
11-22-08, 10:10 PM
Wish I could have made it. At least you guys didnt have any of those slow colors holding you back.

Cowan480
11-22-08, 10:29 PM
Chris, thanks for putting me in the back!! lmao.. When are we going to get that UUC shifter??

Kirk, I really liked the shifter.. That will be my next mod for sure!! BTW, you are putting it in for me! haha

MauiV, I can't believe you didn't see the thread until today!! you should have call my cell, it's posted!!! we would have waited on ya!!

It was a good day!! and super fun!!!

I'm still wondering who was driving the V on route129 just off I-40 in Knoxville this afternoon at 4pm..:hmm:

MauiV
11-22-08, 10:34 PM
I saw the thread but I got finagled into some family stuff (which my wife avoided by getting really sick).

Maybe in the Spring. You guys should try to make it up to a Somernights Cruise in Somerset, Ky. I am going to try to make it down to Rod Run with some guys from work.

AirCav
11-23-08, 09:59 AM
That was great fun. I enjoyed meeting you guys and seeing what you've done with your cars. Sweet! The pictures/videos are really great, too. I appreciate you risking life and limb for us, Chris!

We definitely need to do it again. :thumbsup: Maybe Cherohala next time? Or both?

ROG
11-23-08, 10:12 AM
We definitely need to do it again. :thumbsup: Maybe Cherohala next time? Or both?

Just give a few weeks notice so I can plan the 500 mile trip!!! :D

Cowan480
11-23-08, 01:14 PM
Kirk and Chris, Even though I decided to cut out early, I say we do both Kirk. Hopefully we will have more day light in the spring!!

ROG, 500 miles a haul!! But we'd like to have as many V's as we can!!!

ROG
11-23-08, 01:36 PM
ROG, 500 miles a haul!! But we'd like to have as many V's as we can!!!

My Mother lives in Morristown so I would time it for a visit home!! :o

DRKSIDE
11-23-08, 10:29 PM
Spring would be a great time to plan a trip around the loop (Skyway+Dragon)!

We would have to try to plan around the rain of course. Would hate to get everyone together and have to drive those roads wet. That would be worse than cold!

GUNRDY
11-23-08, 10:40 PM
Crap...I just drove back home today from the Greeneville/Gatlinburg area with the wife and kid today. If I'd have known I would have broke away for a couple of hours and headed down there. I was only about 45 min away. That's what I get for unplugging from the world for a week. Looked like fun though.

Frank.

JBCTSV
11-25-08, 12:08 PM
Cowan,

I wished I could have made it. Lets try and get the group together over the Christmas Holiday. I will be taking a couple of weeks off then. Also Rocky Smith at Rodgers Cady in Knoxville has offered their location as a meeting place if we need it. Maybe the 29th something like that.

Jeff

Cowan480
04-02-09, 09:13 PM
V meet second or third weekend in May in Knox-Vegas...

Any takers??? Just want to throw something out there!!!

Cowan

T.G.
04-02-09, 10:03 PM
Cowen, sorry I missed you when you were in Chattanooga. I was in trial all week. It sucked. However, I'll be more than happy to meet up in Ktown for a weekend. I lived there for 5 years, and I've still got tons of friends there.

Tom

DRKSIDE
04-02-09, 11:08 PM
I'm in, Cowan! Let me know when we have a definate date.

Saturdays are best!

AirCav
04-02-09, 11:28 PM
I could make it the 9th or 10th.

I hope this means that things are looking up for you, Cowan. I guess you must have kept at least one of your V's. :thumbsup:

VforMe
04-02-09, 11:31 PM
I could do 9th or 16th. Our office is in Knoxville so I could come up on Friday for "business". Let me know....

Cowan480
04-03-09, 12:14 AM
WOW!!

Kirk(AirCav), can you only meet that weekend??

Cowan

ROG
04-03-09, 06:51 AM
I am planning a trip to Morristown next month so I may be able to make it.

:thumbsup:

MauiV
04-03-09, 10:41 AM
I work weekends so I need a definate date to try to get off. 1st weekend of May is out since tha is my busiest days of the year (Derby weekend).

Cowan480
04-03-09, 11:27 AM
I work weekends so I need a definate date to try to get off. 1st weekend of May is out since tha is my busiest days of the year (Derby weekend).

Are you talking about the 2nd and 3rd?

Cowan

chris2002wb
04-04-09, 07:03 PM
If we can get a deffinate date going, someone let me know and I'm in if at all possible since im in K-town anyways,,,,would love to meet some of the fellow V-members. Feel free to email me directly if need be at c.blaylock@comcast.net

ROG
04-07-09, 09:43 PM
OK, when should I plan on the 500 mile cruise to TN????????????

AirCav
04-08-09, 05:50 AM
WOW!!

Kirk(AirCav), can you only meet that weekend??

Cowan9/10 or 23/24 works.

VforMe
04-08-09, 09:00 AM
Somebody pick a date. I've got to clear it with the social activities director.

Cowan480
04-08-09, 10:56 AM
Ok Ill pick the date.. Saturday May 23rd!!!

Now Who's in???
Cowan

Remo
04-09-09, 12:02 AM
i like it

Remo

VforMe
04-11-09, 09:53 PM
Cant do 23rd, my wife is a teacher and that's graduation weekend so I gotta be around to watch the kids. But if that works well for everyone else I'll catch you next time around.

Cowan480
04-11-09, 09:58 PM
Cant do 23rd, my wife is a teacher and that's graduation weekend so I gotta be around to watch the kids. But if that works well for everyone else I'll catch you next time around.

dang:thepan: