: "Service Vehicle Soon" on Nav

DansCTSV
11-07-08, 08:14 AM
Once in a while at startup I see "Service Vehicle Soon" come up on the Nav. I have had it at the dealership twice now and they say there are no codes, they have disconnected the battery and still I see it. When I was picking up my car last night I saw it so I showed the service manager. He said it was probably because of the oil life and he had me reset it. This morning I saw it again. Anyone have any idea what would cause that to come on?

Dennisscars
11-07-08, 09:38 AM
It's not the oil life.. that's another message. It's kind of a general message for the misc stuff. Mine turned out to the alternator. Switch over to Battery volts and see if voltage gets low, mine would set under 13.6 and worse on a warm day generally not on first start up but after start up after multiple stops and about 3/4 of the way home from work but not necessarily on the way to because it was cooler, or so it seemed. It will post a code but not set the light, so you'll need to have them pull the codes even though the light is not on.

Also there is no need to pull the rad, just move power steering pump out of the way, there is plenty of room to snake it in. Hardest part is finding a new one.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/143324-service-vehicle-soon-keeps-coming-my.html

DansCTSV
11-07-08, 10:01 AM
They told me they pulled the codes and there were none. But yet I still see it come up. I am also noticing a slight buzzing come from the dash. Sounds like the Nav but I can still hear it when the radio is off. I would like to get these resolved since I only have a month left on my warranty. But I understand where they are coming from, if there are no codes, then what can they do?

Dennisscars
11-07-08, 09:50 PM
Take it back for buzz behind dash. Can you get it to repeat for dealer to witness? At least then it's documented you have a unresolved issue before the warranty runs out. Try another dealer, even a chevy dealer. Generally if your getting that notification it's trying to tell you something is not happy. I'm surprised there are no trouble codes, they should be able to put a log box on to freeze frame it..

MauiV
11-07-08, 09:53 PM
If it comes up again dont acknowledge it and if you can drive straight to a dealer with the message still up. I know its easier said than done but I think I had this right after I bought mine and they said something about leaving that screen up

ewill3rd
11-08-08, 06:25 AM
Ask them these questions...

"How many modules are on the car?"
"How many did you check for codes?"

They need to check THEM ALL.
I would be willing to bet that like most customers, some of the "techs" at this dealer don't know the difference between a "service engine" and "service VEHICLE" indicator.
The PCM can turn on the service vehicle indicator, I had one yesterday, but other vehicle systems can turn that message on also. They need to check the other modules for codes and get their heads out of the PCM.

CTSV_510
11-08-08, 10:05 AM
^^^ Is this guy the greatest or what?

thebigjimsho
11-08-08, 01:56 PM
^^^ Is this guy the greatest or what?Now if he could teleport to other parts of the country...

LV_V
11-08-08, 02:06 PM
Now if Cadillac could train more techs like him... They would have an exponentially more satisfied customer base!

Hope your dealer can help you find out what the problem is.

ewill3rd
11-09-08, 07:31 AM
You guys are too kind.
The sad part is, they train us all the same.... just some guys don't give the back end of a rat.
Positive feedback makes me want to keep on trying.
;)

thebigjimsho
11-13-08, 07:12 AM
Dan! Clear your PMs...

DansCTSV
11-13-08, 07:58 AM
All clear. And since you brought up this thread I will post an update.

The dealer checked all the modules this time and said there were a bunch of old codes but nothing that looked like it would signal the "Service Vehicle Soon" to come on. So he cleared all the codes and told me to come back if I see it again. Well I saw it again last night. So now I have to find time to go back to the dealer to see what's causing it.

ewill3rd
11-14-08, 08:07 AM
Do you have a list of the codes that they saw, I'll tell you which one it was since they can't seem to figure it out.

DansCTSV
11-14-08, 03:39 PM
They didn't give them to me. But I will ask for a list next time.

ewill3rd
11-14-08, 09:06 PM
Let me know, we'll get you going.

lollygagger8
11-15-08, 01:46 PM
Bill, you ROCK!! :blurock:

DansCTSV
11-19-08, 09:13 PM
Took the car back to the dealership today. They checked the codes and said the DIN (dashboard interface module) was complaining about a sensor located in the roof by the dome light for the alarm. The strange thing is, that sensor is only in cars shipped overseas. So he went in and turned that option off and he says it won't happen anymore. Now the question is, how did that get turned on? Does that make any sense?

ewill3rd
11-20-08, 07:02 AM
It doesn't make a lot of sense. The DIM is what he was talking about. (Dash Integration Module)
If it stays off I guess you are cool, seems odd to me.