: V Coupe 2010-ish; No V Wagon.

lawfive
11-07-08, 02:19 AM
FWIW, the December Motor Trend sez that the CTS coupe will be available in mid-2009, with a V version following "within a year."

No V wagon because its flexier body would require a major recalibration of the suspension, and the potential sales volume is deemed too low to support that kind of capital investment at this time.

Vrocks
11-07-08, 10:21 AM
I heard Cadillac's plan was to release the V coupe at nearly the same time as the coupe? Bummer if they're right... guess I'll wait until spring of '10 to get one.

offsight204
11-07-08, 11:12 AM
I heard Cadillac's plan was to release the V coupe at nearly the same time as the coupe? Bummer if they're right... guess I'll wait until spring of '10 to get one.

Yeah they are going to release the V coupe same time as the coupe.So i really doubt you will have to wait till spring of 10 to get ur v coupe.

CIWS
11-07-08, 01:35 PM
Maybe some things have changed at GM since that was first thrown out there ? I'm sure product priorities have shifted a bit now.

mcerino
11-07-08, 02:06 PM
could be priorities

could be shortage of seats

:hmm:

could be plan on holding a couple weeks (months) for quality checks

:hmm:

all the above

I was so excited to get the new V and now with the 09 and 10 announcements of other new cars and no idea of when new v's are going to show up, I have no idea what to do

thebigjimsho
11-07-08, 02:36 PM
On the coupe, I spoke with a GM Performance Division engineer today and he told us that the coupe's curb weight should be very close to that of the sedan. It rides on the same wheelbase and similar length and exterior dimensions. It may be lighter, but like most coupes based on a sedan platform, it's similar...

noelvm
11-07-08, 08:59 PM
Considering GM is loosing millions of dollars in lost sales and has gone to the hill to beg for a bailout like everyone else, you would think that if they had a car (CTS-V coupe) that would sell, they would build it tomorrow.

I think Cavuto is right. Before they get any money the CEO of each company should have to offer their resignation since obviously they have done such a poor job of leading their respective company.

It certainly makes since to me. I see no reason why the car companies can't make a car or truck or SUV that weights 5000 pounds, goes from zero to 60 in under five seconds and gets 50 miles to the gallon. It's obviously bad management.

noelvm
Build my V coupe RFN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Design
11-07-08, 09:05 PM
Hmmmm... interesting. The last sitdown we had with one of the execs at Cadillac indicated that everything was still moving forward as planned for the 10MYCTSV Coupe (that was earlier this week). As for the wagon, you might see it pop up an a major autoshow within the next 6 months.... Apparently they already have a test car built, just waiting to show it. The cause for it not to be a production car is in line, but they should still show a teaser car...

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

FWIW, the December Motor Trend sez that the CTS coupe will be available in mid-2009, with a V version following "within a year."

No V wagon because its flexier body would require a major recalibration of the suspension, and the potential sales volume is deemed too low to support that kind of capital investment at this time.

tblack
12-10-08, 03:47 AM
They need to build the coupe! They should consider using some of the weight saving materials used in the ZR1. I realize they want to keep the price down but if they used a carbon fiber roof and hood like they did in the ZR1 it would lower the center of gravity as well as save some weight. I would like to see a little wider stance too, but I think I'm asking for too much as it is....

Vrocks
12-10-08, 10:57 AM
They need to build the coupe! They should consider using some of the weight saving materials used in the ZR1. I realize they want to keep the price down but if they used a carbon fiber roof and hood like they did in the ZR1 it would lower the center of gravity as well as save some weight. I would like to see a little wider stance too, but I think I'm asking for too much as it is....

Those are great ideas to help differentiate the coupe a little more. I think a carbon fiber roof like the BMW M6 would be cool. It would raise the cost a bit but I think it would sell no problem... and I'm sure their expected sales volumn on a V coupe is less than the sedan.

So why not make it more $$$ and seemingly more exclusive. Probably won't go any faster than the sedan but this car is more about looks than even the V sedan.

mcerino
12-10-08, 02:39 PM
gee what a surprise. atleast 6 months off and cadillac is already delaying a V version for delivery.

By summer it'll be mid 2010 :duck:

Dr. Design
12-10-08, 03:56 PM
Actually the coupe got pushed back (1) year from the original release date...

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

gee what a surprise. atleast 6 months off and cadillac is already delaying a V version for delivery.

By summer it'll be mid 2010 :duck:

tblack
12-11-08, 02:24 AM
Actually the coupe got pushed back (1) year from the original release date...

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Really? Where did you hear that?

Dr. Design
12-11-08, 01:37 PM
From one of our inside sources at Cadillac.

Thanks,

Dr. D

CIWS
12-11-08, 02:00 PM

The thing to watch for will be NAIAS this next year around January 17th 2009. They were supposed to premiere the Coupe then before plans were changed back in last month. But any info about the car should be made public.

tblack
12-11-08, 06:33 PM
The thing to watch for will be NAIAS this next year around January 17th 2009. They were supposed to premiere the Coupe then before plans were changed back in last month. But any info about the car should be made public.

I will be.....

The CTS Coupe has officially become my computer wallpaper. If history has told me anything, it's that once a car reaches desktop wallpaper status I'm buying it.....

Having said that, I've seen some spy pics of the production model that are less than flattering.