: heated mirrors

lesinfamous
11-06-08, 11:43 PM
Anyone know what years cadillac had the heated mirror option? What parts make up the system? Also, would i be able to put the system on my 75 fleetwood? thanks

Aron9000
11-07-08, 12:45 AM
My 91 Brougham has them. It also has every option you could get, so I don't know if it was an option or standard. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out though, since Cadillac used the same mirror from 68-92 on their RWD models.

jayoldschool
11-07-08, 10:11 AM
Honestly, I don't know if it is worth it. Other than saying you have them, of course. I have them on my Roadmaster. Where I live, winter is as bad as anywhere. The ONLY time you need them is when there is freezing rain, and it is windy, from behind the car. Then, you will get a layer of ice on the mirrors, and the heaters will melt the ice (only when you run the rear defrost). Other than that, nothing really sticks. Even if you get the mirror all packed up with snow, the heater won't clear it - you still have to brush it off. Then, the heater will melt a little layer of snow that is touching the mirror so it will slide off.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
11-07-08, 08:30 PM
I JUST discovered I have them on my '88. I have owned the car for over a year now and never even knew it. There was a lot of dew on the ground the other day and I turned on the rear defroster to clear the window. Next thing I know there was a clear patch in the middle of my mirrors. I rolled down the window and touched the mirror and was surprised to discover that it was warm. Long story short, they never made much of a difference for me to notice so its not worth the effort.