: Recaro Seat orders on hold

Nutz
11-06-08, 09:45 PM
I was just informed by my dealer that the Recaro seat orders are now on hold due to a dispute of contract with GM and Recaro. Anyone hear anything about this??

Cadillac Tony
11-06-08, 11:00 PM
Both the Recaro seats and Polished wheels are currently on constraint. According to my system it's approximately 4 weeks, due to supplier capacity- I haven't heard anything about a contract dispute.

SRT8/BMW
11-07-08, 09:25 AM
Both the Recaro seats and Polished wheels are currently on constraint. According to my system it's approximately 4 weeks, due to supplier capacity- I haven't heard anything about a contract dispute.

thanks for that info Tony--from what my dealer is telling me--mine was scheduled for production last week, but now shows this week. I think that means (since I have ordered the Recaros and polished wheels) I won't be seeing this car anytime soon. Thats a big bummer--was hoping to get a month of two of driving it before the Michigan winter hits. Nothing worse than getting it and confining it to the garage for 3-5 months....:mad::mad:. (specially when you are paying for it to sit there)

But--I am sure in the long run it will be worth it--such an amazing vehicle.

Vrocks
11-07-08, 09:26 AM
It's strange that Recaro can't seem to come close to the production volume needed. They've known for a long time (or should have) what the anticipated sales volume would be and what % would want their seats.

All of the stories seem to make sense: going bankrupt, contract dispute, etc... if none of them are true, I'd say Recaro needs to get their act together and make the damn seats!

Cadillac Tony
11-07-08, 10:10 AM
You'd be surprised how often suppliers have these problems when a new car launches. The V6 CTSs were impossible to get with the B20 wood steering wheel option for a while, and Polished wheels continue to be on constraint, then off again, then on again. Since the suppliers (like Recaro) also making parts for lots of other manufacturers, and they too can get held up by one of their suppliers (fabric, seat frames, electric motors, etc), delays are more common than not, especially when it's a brand new model.

I agree that it stinks though, and hope you get your car soon.

offsight204
11-07-08, 10:10 AM
It's strange that Recaro can't seem to come close to the production volume needed. They've known for a long time (or should have) what the anticipated sales volume would be and what % would want their seats.

All of the stories seem to make sense: going bankrupt, contract dispute, etc... if none of them are true, I'd say Recaro needs to get their act together and make the damn seats!

yes they do. waiting so long for a car and then you cant have it cause of something not related to gm is just wrong.Hope they get thier act together soon. I want my car..

offsight204
11-11-08, 05:11 PM
So does anyone have any updates on the recaro seats so far vcan u order them yet or are the seats still on hold.... anyone

Cadillac Tony
11-11-08, 05:28 PM
They are on constraint, which means they cannot be ordered at this time. How this affects the cars scheduled to be built remains to be seen- I have two preorders with Recaros that are scheduled for build next week, and I'm watching them very closely to see what happens. I'm hoping they already have x number of Recaros at the factory and build some of the early orders, but I don't know yet.

Perhaps the intrepid Dualcams can give us an update? What say you, Dual- have you put any Recaros in at the factory yet?

Nutz
11-11-08, 05:56 PM
His last word was that the current load of "sequenced" seats will be installed but the rest are on hold. He may have an update soon.

StormCaddy
11-12-08, 12:58 PM
His last word was that the current load of "sequenced" seats will be installed but the rest are on hold. He may have an update soon.

I should have "borrowed" the one on display at Monticello... I just want ONE for my CTS. I've got to have that thigh bolster.

jdogg
11-12-08, 04:24 PM
In my experience, if GM anticipated that the Recaro seats would be taken by 20% of the buyers, they would contract the supplier for that volume.

If the orders came in at 100% in the first week, it would take up 5 weeks of seats.

That first week would make it so that there were no seats available the next week and the constraint would have to come along.

Dualcams34
11-12-08, 08:05 PM
Lear is our supplier and my contact today said there are lots of Recaros to sequence. The Tire and Wheel supplier has lots of the wheels. So--- just to let you know that the same inside story holds. The engineering staff in Detroit are not happy with a few things on the cars and just can't figure out what to do. We can't work overtime to reprocess the cars through our quality system for these minor adjustments. I have checked out many of the cars and just do not see what they are talking about. The engines run fine to me and the other issues are all minor. In fact, I don't think our customer will every see the issues that they are talking about. But I'm just a line worker, so I don't know anything. Hope they start shipping soon.

Nutz
11-12-08, 08:22 PM
I say they just knock 10 grand off sticker (hush money) for the problems, and send em off and call it a day. :histeric:

And there's our update. Thanks Dualcams34! :thumbsup:

urbanski
11-13-08, 03:11 PM
thx dual

how about a few more folks donate to help keep Dual's badge going? 2 have already.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/billspaypal.php

Dualcams34
11-13-08, 08:30 PM
Well, There is lots going on here at the plant. Seems like the V's might be on the way, somewhere. There are a team of people from Detroit driving every car we have built, around 300. The issues are few, but GM wants to make sure these cars are cool. After these people drive them, they park them in a small shipping lot across the street from the plant. The cars are carefully loaded onto the trucks and shipped to the west side of town to the central shipping area we call Autoport. From there they go by truck or rail to your dealer. From what I have heard is that some reflashing is going to take place out there next week and then get shipped. But from my contact at Autoport, none have left for dealers yet. Don't worry, the issue is a small one, but it is a big task to manage. As for the seats and wheels, no issue from my supplier contacts. I see the seats in the cars everyday and they are wonderful to sit in.
We did stop building V's today because of engineering issues. I have no idea when things will start up. I am a line worker so they don't tell us anything except work you butt off. So thanks to all who will be driving these beautiful vehicles. The wait will be worth it.

needspeed
10-29-11, 07:25 PM
I know this is an old thread but heard that they are holding on Recaros. Any new news I just ordered a V-Coupe last week fully loaded......Thanks.....Steve

Nutz
10-30-11, 08:55 AM
Holy "thread resurrections" Batman!

needspeed
10-30-11, 05:26 PM
I called GM & was told Recaros can't be ordered until 11/14. So I assume your order won't be placed until then.

That is a bit of a bummer. Yes this is one old thread, but I did use search before I started a new one :D ........Steve

DrVolkl
10-31-11, 12:37 PM
I called GM & was told Recaros can't be ordered until 11/14. So I assume your order won't be placed until then.

Looks like I'm in the same boat then... my order went in on the 25th... oh well, they shut the plants down around Christmas as well, so I probably won't be seeing my car till next year... hopefully early on.

srt10viper
10-31-11, 11:42 PM
DAMN the 14th. I'm in the same boat. I guess I'm waiting until the 14th...

Thanks

junker87
11-02-11, 10:18 PM

My Wagon with Recaro order just entered 3000 according to my sales guy.

I guess it depends on who orders your car.:cool:

needspeed
11-02-11, 10:30 PM

When did you place your order???? Thanks......Steve

junker87
11-02-11, 10:39 PM

28th of October.

needspeed
11-02-11, 11:54 PM

You may be right, I ordered mine on 10/26 and it has not been picked up yet for build......Steve

cvs
11-03-11, 08:24 AM
Ordered mine on 10/28 and it is scheduled to be built this week. I haven't received confirmation that it is actually built yet so there's always the chance that it will get delayed.

DrVolkl
11-03-11, 04:22 PM

I got this update today:

Event Date Event Status
10/25/2011 (3000) Order accepted by production control. Parts being ordered and production process is underway.
11/02/2011 (3300) Order scheduled for production. Order is scheduled into the plant build cycle.

6spd wagon with recaros, sunroof, pretty much everything....

needspeed
11-03-11, 06:34 PM
There is no hold that I can tell in that my order did pick up on Tuesday of this week.......No parts hold.........Steve