: Remote > Personalization weirdness

benjet
06-22-04, 01:28 AM
I was thinking of putting this in the regular CTS forum in case it fits there. Anyway this one has been bugging me since day one. I am the main driver for my V (as I'd assume most are) and I use key fob/remote #1. About 50% of the time when unlocking the door(s) using the button on the fob - the seat etc. does NOT move into position, and I will have to press the switch on the door to remind my car who I am. Any clue why this happens? Does this happen to anyone else?

-Ben

jspinetto
06-22-04, 01:53 AM
Yeap,

Your parking brake needs to be on.

Jonathan

_________
04 CTS-V Silver w/More CAIK

benjet
06-22-04, 01:58 AM
When I walk towards the parked and locked car - the parking brake is generally ON! I press the key fob the door(s) unlock but the seat (etc.) doesn't move into place (again about half the time, and the other half the time it's does).

Thanks any other ideas?

-Ben

StealthV
06-22-04, 02:11 AM
Check out pages 3-76 through 78 in the owners manual. The memory can be configured to work with the key fob press or key in ignition. Perhaps one of the settings needs tweaking.

BUILDINGCTSAMG
06-22-04, 01:02 PM
Parking break does not need to be on....two things do need to happen though....one you must have the door closed and two you must have had the door locked before unlocking it....if you dont see the seat moving push the lock button then the unlock button and that should fix it unless you have messed aruond with the settings.

CTSV OWNER
06-22-04, 01:39 PM
Go into personalization and check to see if they are turned on for driver 1 They can be on for one driver and off for another

rabid
06-22-04, 02:27 PM
I was thinking of putting this in the regular CTS forum in case it fits there. Anyway this one has been bugging me since day one. I am the main driver for my V (as I'd assume most are) and I use key fob/remote #1. About 50% of the time when unlocking the door(s) using the button on the fob - the seat etc. does NOT move into position, and I will have to press the switch on the door to remind my car who I am. Any clue why this happens? Does this happen to anyone else?

-Ben
Happens to me about half the time.

benjet
06-22-04, 05:03 PM
OK I want to know why it happens intermittently (I know where the settings are and I haven't changed them from my inital preference). The door DOES unlock but the car doesn't know who I am roughly every other time.

This is not different drivers - same FOB 100% of the time - seat moves 50% time.

S10xGN
06-22-04, 09:27 PM
Regular CTS here. We've never had our "seat tracking" work properly. Ours are (both) set for "key in" as we don't lock it in the garage. Wife's key (#1) works 80% of the time, mine (#2) never has worked. Yes, we've been all through the menus feel we have things setup correctly.

benjet
06-23-04, 01:05 AM
Thanks S10xGN and rabid, that means this is an issue that will need to be fixed.

5CTRVET
06-23-04, 08:41 AM
Mine does it too. Half the time I need to squeeze into the car since it did not slide back also. Half the time I need to hit the 1 button when I get in to move the seat forward. I have yet to figure out if there is a pattern to it but as of yet I am at a total loss.:hmm:

DMC-12
06-25-04, 02:11 PM
Regular CTS here. We've never had our "seat tracking" work properly. Ours are (both) set for "key in" as we don't lock it in the garage. Wife's key (#1) works 80% of the time, mine (#2) never has worked. Yes, we've been all through the menus feel we have things setup correctly.
Same here... I have it set for key fob unlock though… and the seat only goes into position about 80% of the time... Parking brake is set and everything... Nice to know that I am not insane or the only one experiencing this anomaly...lol

benjet
06-25-04, 02:19 PM
My seat always moves back (exit position) - I changed my settings to reflect "Key in" instead of "FOB button" activation, want to see if this changes anything. Will keep the board posted.

-Ben
P.S. It's goin in Tues (for a week) for the 2nd service. :(

DMC-12
06-25-04, 03:14 PM
My seat always moves back (exit position) - I changed my settings to reflect "Key in" instead of "FOB button" activation, want to see if this changes anything. Will keep the board posted.

-Ben
P.S. It's goin in Tues (for a week) for the 2nd service. :(
My Exit posistion has been working well... no probs there...

Just when I get in the car after I hit the FOB.. and it does not move into posistion... and my short legs cant reach the clutch to start the car cause the seat is so far back...lol Thats the problem... so I have to hit the memory button on the door, THEN try to reach the clutch...lol

Let us know what happens... I may just change my setting to "key in" as well. :)

BeagleBrains
06-25-04, 07:50 PM
I traded in a 2002 Corvette Coupe. The Vette had the memory package. It worked correctly every time with Key #1 or Key #2. Unfortunately, Cadillac seems to have a need to redesign the wheel, as my CTS V system works differently. I hate the change. The CTS V Memory System won't let the door lock from the Key Fob while any door is open. The Vette allowed Key Fob lock signal whether the door was open or not. If open, when the Vette door closed, it provided the confirmatory Beep and Blink response, as programmed. My seat position is not reliable; the CTS V does not consistently move to the exit position; and often fails to move to my driving position as programmed.
Today I had a new entertainment experience. The GPS Program was set to guide me home. After just a few minutes the digital display started flashing alternately between the radio display and GPS map every few seconds. I finally had to just turn the entire unit to OFF.

Katndnvr
06-27-04, 11:59 AM
I've lost my set settings several times as well...
and I'm the only driver too...Hubby can't drive it unless I'm drinkin then I'll let him drive me home..:devil:
Need a fix for sure!