: Diff Bushing replaced, clutch serviced... And she feels like a new car

Todd3544
11-06-08, 06:16 PM
Took the "V" into Cadillac yesterday to get the clutch reservoir topped off (100K warranty) and to have it checked out for leaks. I have had to have it filled up three times in the last 6 months. I also told my SM abouth the clunk in the drivetrain, almost like there is some slack in the drivetrain. It was to the point where I was double clutching to keep the drivetrain from studdering. So they take a look and the diff bushing is completely worn out. So they replace with the new style bushing and flush and refill clutch fluid. Let me tell you its like driving a new car. No more clunk, no more vibration at high or low speed, shifts are smoother, and they clutch actually has pressure to it.

I love my V....:histeric:

racebyu
11-06-08, 06:45 PM
Been there, had that done, nothing like no more clunck's.
Just hope it never comes back with the new bushing.
Anyone know what the new bushing is made out of?
Or does it have a inner sleeve?

CTSV_510
11-06-08, 07:15 PM
What new style bushing? Do you mean new style differential? Does the new style differential have a new style bushing?

The reason I ask is because I got a new diff a couple months ago before I put the maggie on and already I'm clunking almost as bad as I was before.

UUC help me!

lollygagger8
11-07-08, 10:36 AM
Luke said he might have a prototype UUC diff bushing by the end of the year....but if we all hold our breath on this one we'll pass out

nmaier2201
11-07-08, 10:46 AM
Yeah I'm waiting on the bushing as well.. Luke needs to have a UUC package sale... MM,trans, diff.... one nice discounted package