: Noobie with problems. Help and advice greatly appreciated.

dvd_supercaddy
11-05-08, 11:28 PM
I bought a maggied V about a month ago. And holy crap its fast! But i have a few issues and questions.

1. My tachometer just stopped working and when i revved in neutral at a stop the mph meter went up to 5mph (i wasn't moving!!), What is causing this? What do i do?

2. When I press the gas pedal, there is about an inch delay until i notice any throttle response. I can press the pedal slightly and the engine doesn't rev. Is this normal?

3. Also, when i rev in neutral at WOT, there is a delay until the rpms move. Like an automatic. Is this normal?

4. Whats the best thing to do about clunk when shifting?

I smelled burning clutch a little today, the revving and throttle response may be related i'm thinking. Any response appreciated. I am new and dont mind being scolded, i need to learn somehow.

mgscustomtune
11-05-08, 11:55 PM
I would take the car and get a Custom Tune. The clunk might be the diff bushing just more enhanced withe the maggie.

heavymetals
11-05-08, 11:55 PM
The gas pedal is not an on off switch and you can expect some play & some delay.

dvd_supercaddy
11-06-08, 12:41 AM
What about the tach..is it a sensor or wut? i just went out and started the car. tach was bouncing around but the engine was idling normally And i am definitely gonna get a custom tune. i am in tucson i may have to go to phoenix to get it. and differential bushings, where and how much?

heavymetals
11-06-08, 01:33 AM
Don't know about the tach, but if you can monitor via TECH II or EFI live you can tell if it is a sensor.

I would think if it was a sensor the pcm would be doing wierd stuff and the idle would vary.

814V
11-06-08, 01:38 AM
bring that beast up here to firebird this friday night and a few good pulls should fix her right up :want:

Twitch
11-06-08, 09:28 AM
Tune is a good idea only IF your sure that's what it is. However, a good tuner might be abe to see what's going on with the car and find the real problem.
The clunk is usually the front diff bushing. Other things add to it, but the diff is the main thing. I would only let a Caddy dealer do it.
Good luck

Tony