: 94 Concours leaking oil question

bluegrasssboy
11-05-08, 03:06 PM
I know, I know there's plenty of threads, and I've read a bunch, but...

I took my recently purchased 94 Concours with 111k miles to get the first oil change the other day. I knew it leaked oil, a few drops on the drive each overnight park and I can just smell it when getting out of the car, but there is no smoke wafting out anywhere.

So I pull into the local quick change place and when the guy goes into the pitt I hear "Gawd Awmighty!" It was a little wet down there. The owner goes below and comes back up to talk to me, but I can't remember all that he said. He said it was leaking around a oil sensor of some sort in the bottom of the oil pan. "Just screw it out and screw a new one in" he said. He also said it was leaking around the oil pan gasket. He said it could be removed easily.

1. What sensor is on the bottom of the pan and how do you change it?

2. I'm pretty sure I've read on here where the exhaust cross over is in the way and prevents you from removing the pan without moving the motor.

I don't mind a little leak, it's an older car and I didn't pay much for it, but it's very clean and nice looking and it's leaking a little more than I would like.

Submariner409
11-05-08, 04:33 PM
Not sure if your engine has an oil level sensor but it does have an oil pressure sensor. Both are subject to leaking around the metal body/plastic connector crimp joint. Not uncommon. Did they tell you which one is leaking ?? Both are right on the front of the engine: the level sensor sticks out the front passenger side of the pan, the pressure sensor sticks out the side of the oil filter adapter head. With the car up in the air either one takes 5 minutes to replace.

www.rockauto.com.

The oil pan problem is a horse of a different color. To properly repair a gasket leak there requires partially dropping the engine. Not fun.

bluegrasssboy
11-05-08, 04:54 PM
I was lazy and didn't get out of the car to go look, but I'm pretty sure the oil sensor was at the bottom of the oil pan. Maybe I misheard him.

Ranger
11-05-08, 11:52 PM
It does have an oil level sensor and it sounds as though that is what hes was talking about. It's an easy repair.

bluegrasssboy
11-06-08, 03:11 PM
It does have an oil level sensor and it sounds as though that is what hes was talking about. It's an easy repair.

Are there any threads here showing one, or the R&R of one?

Submariner409
11-06-08, 03:26 PM
You drain the oil, pull the connector, unscrew the sensor, reverse.