: SEMA Showstopper!

Luxury & Exotics
11-05-08, 05:10 AM
http://www.modifiedle.com/videos/video_0023.html

MLE TO BRING SEMA SHOWSTOPPER
1,000 HP, WIDEBODY ZR AUTO GALLARDO

Modified Luxury & Exotics magazine will be bringing one of the world’s most extremely modified exotics to SEMA, the ZR Auto Lamborghini Gallardo. Featured on the cover of this month’s issue of MLE, the ZR Auto Lambo looks like a SEMA show car thanks to the IMSA GTV widebody conversion, bright green paint, matching leather interior and paint-matched wheels. But because MLE is all about performance, this car doesn’t just look fast… it goes fast, thanks to a twin-turbo upgrade by Heffner’s Performance.

Heffner’s rebuilt the bottom end of the V-10 engine and added two Garrett GT35-R turbos for a total output of 1,000 hp and 800 ft-lbs of torque on race fuel. And even on regular 91 octane it will still produce 850 hp.

For the November/December issue of MLE we tested the car at the drag strip and the race track and the numbers are impressive, with a zero-60 mph run in 3.1 seconds, a zero-100 mph run in 5.85 seconds and a quarter mile time of just 10 seconds at 145 mph!

And to see just how good this car is, we matched it up against the twin-supercharged 707hp Novitec Rosso F430 Gallardo. Be sure to pick up the November/December issue of Modified Luxury & Exotics on newsstands now to see who won our Epic Battle. Or, if you’re at SEMA, drop by the Source Interlink booth (#22743) to pick up a free copy and see the ZR Auto Gallardo yourself!

Florian
11-05-08, 10:42 AM
meh...

F

thebigjimsho
11-05-08, 12:05 PM
Nice for a quick read. But that's about it...

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
11-05-08, 12:38 PM
Or you could save yourself a hell of a lot of money, buy a Corvette and do a few upgrades and run the exact same times. Hell, even an LS1 F-body will run those numbers with the right modifications for way less than a Lambo.

Blackout
11-05-08, 05:08 PM
But at the end of the day your still driving a Corvette and not a Lambo

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
11-05-08, 05:21 PM

Touche'.

Spittin Game
11-05-08, 09:00 PM

http://www.pressomatic.com/shellhall/upload/hammer%20and%20nail_web.JPG

thebigjimsho
11-05-08, 10:27 PM
But at the end of the day your still driving a Corvette and not a LamboWhat, a gussied up Audi? Eh. You have your opinions of what's worth what. Whatever...

parexa
11-06-08, 12:51 AM

Word. :highfive: Some people just dont get it

Jesda
11-06-08, 05:59 AM
I'd take an Audi over a Lambo, since its the cheaper and more honest route.

Ferrari > Lamborghini

Blackout
11-06-08, 10:39 AM
What, a gussied up Audi? Eh. You have your opinions of what's worth what. Whatever...

You would have to be an idiot or the biggest fanboy ever to say you would rather have a Corvette over a "gussied up Audi"

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-06-08, 11:54 AM
Lamborghini, Ferrari, Audi R8, Bugatti, etc etc >>> Corvette.

parexa
11-06-08, 12:15 PM
Tell us you prefer Corvette over an "Audi" when you can actually afford both without selling your house. Dont be a hater. That comparison only shows youre envious, not happy with your life, etc.

thebigjimsho
11-06-08, 12:35 PM
You would have to be an idiot or the biggest fanboy ever to say you would rather have a Corvette over a "gussied up Audi"I just find it funny to see people who can't afford either, putting down a cheaper car...

thebigjimsho
11-06-08, 12:40 PM
If one has a couple million and can afford a Lambo, that's great. I like Lamborghinis. A pure, white Countach is still one of my all-time favorites.

But the Corvette has always been the more affordable performance car. Sure, there may be some of "those" type of people who fit a stereotype. But I've met many more who wanted the best sports car at a great price and are great people.

The Corvette is the best value in a sports car on the planet. Anyone who puts that down is just ignorant...

Blackout
11-06-08, 01:05 PM
If one has a couple million and can afford a Lambo, that's great. I like Lamborghinis. A pure, white Countach is still one of my all-time favorites.

But the Corvette has always been the more affordable performance car. Sure, there may be some of "those" type of people who fit a stereotype. But I've met many more who wanted the best sports car at a great price and are great people.

The Corvette is the best value in a sports car on the planet. Anyone who puts that down is just ignorant...
Nobody is putting it down. It just isn't on the same level as a Lambo, Ferrari, etc. It would be like saying, "I bought a Neon SRT-4 and did a Stage 3 kit with a 50 trim and a 100 shot of nitrous and I'm running 11's." Yeah that puts it at the same "performance" level as a Lambo and whatnot but it's still a inferior car with a bunch of money invested into it. Same as a Corvette. Great car and all but there's a reason why everybody and their mother has one versus next to nobody owning Lambo's and Ferrari's. If I can see a car more then 5+ times on any given day then that isn't a supercar in my book

Blackout
11-06-08, 01:06 PM
I just find it funny to see people who can't afford either, putting down a cheaper car...
Just one of the many reasons why I just really can't stand when you post. I mean you have talked crap on the GT-R but since you can't afford it you can't even comment on the car:bigroll:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-06-08, 02:04 PM

That's entirely true...the Corvette is a HELL of a bargain, but I've just never really cared for them, even after I stared working for Chevy.

Sandy
11-06-08, 03:43 PM
Audi S10 here.:yup:

Jesda
11-06-08, 03:49 PM
There's so many versions of Corvette now.

And Lambos these days are still Audis underneath. The Italian has been engineered out of them. They even have VW key fobs.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-06-08, 03:53 PM
And Lambos these days are still Audis underneath. The Italian has been engineered out of them. They even have VW key fobs.

And that makes them a decently reliable car! LOL, but in all reality, it does take a lot of the soul and old style charm out of them.

parexa
11-06-08, 06:09 PM
Conclusion:
Don't buy Escalades, they're Tahoes underneath.

Blackout
11-06-08, 06:16 PM
But you cannot afford to buy either one of those trucks so you can't comment on them

Spittin Game
11-06-08, 09:17 PM

Thats what people say to justify that they cant afford the Lambo or the Ferrari. Its easier to most to make up excuses on why they went with the Vette, instead of really being honest with themselves and everyone else and saying they just couldnt afford the Lambo or Ferrari.

concorso
11-06-08, 09:39 PM
Thats what people say to justify that they cant afford the Lambo or the Ferrari. Its easier to most to make up excuses on why they went with the Vette, instead of really being honest with themselves and everyone else and saying they just couldnt afford the Lambo or Ferrari.So you can't criticize a car if you can't afford it?
I wouldnt choose the Lambo over the Vette! Id take an F430 first. Then Id take the Vette. Id have to have both in my garage plus others before Id even look at the Gallardo.
The new Lambos have lost everything that attracted me to them but theyre much better cars now for that exact reason. Theyve become more user friendly, but theyre just sooo....uninteresting.

With regards to the vette, the Lambo is the all-around better car, assuming you are comparing it to the Z06. But until youve drove a ZR1, and have experienced the magnetojibberish suspension, you dont realize how complete the new ZR1 is. And the improvements made to the steering are great too! The Vette almost definitely will hold up longer under hard driving. In all honesty, the R8 is a nicer car then the Gallardo. The ONLY thing really holding the R8 back is its huge lack of power. The Gallardo is better in ways that dont really matter when youre buying a car like this...unless you just plan to pose...

concorso
11-06-08, 09:43 PM
You would have to be an idiot or the biggest fanboy ever to say you would rather have a Corvette over a "gussied up Audi"Are you so anti-gm that you cant believe that people actually can prefer the Vette? I certainly think it looks better. Ive always prefered the front engine,rear drive design tho. As much as I like the F430, the dimensions of the 612/599/575 please me alot more!
Ill say it right now. I prefer the look of the Vette over any Lambo. I prefer the look of the Vette and the 599 over the F430. But Id still have the F430...

Or are you so anti-bigjim that you'll say whatever.. :)

LS1Mike
11-06-08, 09:45 PM
Some people, like myself appreciate the Lambo and Ferrari. (I never been a huge fan of Audi or VW), but just wouldn't choose to own one.
There are people out there like that.
Personal preference.

concorso
11-06-08, 09:48 PM
Nobody is putting it down. It just isn't on the same level as a Lambo, Ferrari, etc. It would be like saying, "I bought a Neon SRT-4 and did a Stage 3 kit with a 50 trim and a 100 shot of nitrous and I'm running 11's." Yeah that puts it at the same "performance" level as a Lambo and whatnot but it's still a inferior car with a bunch of money invested into it. Same as a Corvette. Great car and all but there's a reason why everybody and their mother has one versus next to nobody owning Lambo's and Ferrari's. If I can see a car more then 5+ times on any given day then that isn't a supercar in my book
I can agree with this idea. Alot of people on this board will say that a Cadillac is better, simply because its a 'Caddy'. Sure, there are lots of things each manufacturer is good at, but I still think youve gotta judge each car on its own merits...badges are more useful for picking up chics.

Spittin Game
11-07-08, 01:13 AM
So you can't criticize a car if you can't afford it?

Theres a big difference in criticizing something and making up excuses about one being more affordable and in your price range so thats why you chose it.

Do you really think someone like Bill Gates (example because he can afford whatever he wants) wakes up in the morning and goes "Gee, I have all this money, I want the Lambo, but that vette is just so much more affordable"?

People with money dont look at it that way. When you dont have the money thats when you justify why things are more affordable and in your price range.

The Tony Show
11-07-08, 02:40 AM
I have several friends who have owned brand new Lambos and Ferraris (Murcielago and F430, respectively). Both have more money than God, but after changing the clutch at 10,000 miles to the tune of $10,000, plus having the valves adjusted and timing belt done at 15k for about $9,500, not being able to get decent insurance and finicky driveability unless they're set to full race mode, both now own Domestics (an XLR-V, Z06 and Roush Mustang).

Straight from the horse's mouth. Lambos and Ferraris are for guys who need a car to get laid. Corvettes are for car lovers.

parexa
11-07-08, 08:10 AM
I have several friends who have owned brand new Lambos and Ferraris (Murcielago and F430, respectively). Both have more money than God, but after changing the clutch at 10,000 miles to the tune of $10,000, plus having the valves adjusted and timing belt done at 15k for about $9,500, not being able to get decent insurance and finicky driveability unless they're set to full race mode, both now own Domestics (an XLR-V, Z06 and Roush Mustang).

Straight from the horse's mouth. Lambos and Ferraris are for guys who need a car to get laid. Corvettes are for car lovers.

Hehe so your pals have trouble getting laid.

GM had a chance to make a car that could actually compete with exotics by adding 15k to ZR1-s price and giving it a decent interior. I know its possible because new Caddys actually look quite nice inside. But instead they made a ridiculously fast car that still feels cheap. Not a complete package, still not good enough.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-07-08, 09:21 AM

Well that is a point, the exotics are much more high maintenance than the Corvette or Viper is....but if you can afford the car it's self, then the frequent and expensive maintenance shouldn't be that big of a problem....you've probably got 2-3 other cars to drive while your exotic is in for service.

Oh come on Tony, that's such a bullshit generalization! I'd expect much better than that from you...

So you mean to tell me that everyone that has a Lambo/Ferrari uses it for the sole purpose of getting laid and that everyone that owns one is shallow and idiotic when it comes to automobiles? And that only Corvette owners are the ones that are passionate about their cars?

Blackout
11-07-08, 10:36 AM
Well that is a point, the exotics are much more high maintenance than the Corvette or Viper is....but if you can afford the car it's self, then the frequent and expensive maintenance shouldn't be that big of a problem....you've probably got 2-3 other cars to drive while your exotic is in for service.Exactly! If your going to buy a supercar you don't bitch about it's gas mileage, or that it's cramped, or that it costs a lot for maintenance. WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF A SUPERCAR!!:welcome:

Oh come on Tony, that's such a bullshit generalization! I'd expect much better than that from you...

So you mean to tell me that everyone that has a Lambo/Ferrari uses it for the sole purpose of getting laid and that everyone that owns one is shallow and idiotic when it comes to automobiles? And that only Corvette owners are the ones that are passionate about their cars?In Tony's case that would be a yes. He just happens to hang around a bunch of nerds that need cars to get into a girls pants. I've managed to be with a lot of women but amazingly enough I did it without a Ferrari and a Lamborghini. I guess I must be a mack daddy or something:yup:

Albertan
11-08-08, 12:44 AM
Lets assume for a moment that money is not a concern. You have always wanted a supercar Ferrari/Lambo. Finally you buy your car. Now it is no longer a "want". Now it becomes somewhat everyday. So while you may be like me with my "V" and smile everytime you get in the car, it still is everyday. So now you have spent a lot of money on your supercar. I don't care that money is no object but still you want quality now you spend time not driving because it has this problem or that problem. Eventually, the car is starting to look like a bit of a pain in the ass. You don't want to drive it because of maintenance issues. You can't take a trip with it because you can't take all your luggage. So what do you do? Sell it with 6,000miles at about a 40% discount because you no longer see it as a supercar, just an expensive and not very reliable car. Plus, you have now moved on to new toys. How many supercars do you see for sale that have 80,000 miles??
There is a reason.

thebigjimsho
11-08-08, 04:02 PM
Thats what people say to justify that they cant afford the Lambo or the Ferrari. Its easier to most to make up excuses on why they went with the Vette, instead of really being honest with themselves and everyone else and saying they just couldnt afford the Lambo or Ferrari.Of course, because this world is awash with people who are embarrassed to not have a 1/4 million dollars burning a hole in their wallets...please...

thebigjimsho
11-08-08, 04:03 PM
In Tony's case that would be a yes. He just happens to hang around a bunch of nerds that need cars to get into a girls pants. I've managed to be with a lot of women but amazingly enough I did it without a Ferrari and a Lamborghini. I guess I must be a mack daddy or something:yup:If it's said on the internet, it must be true!:highfive:

thebigjimsho
11-08-08, 04:10 PM
Just one of the many reasons why I just really can't stand when you post. I mean you have talked crap on the GT-R but since you can't afford it you can't even comment on the car:bigroll:The GT-R, I could afford if I wanted to. The car itself, I mean. But after the markup, probably not. And I certainly could not afford it when you factor that I might actually drive it like I drive my V. In which Nissan will void my warranty on the spot. Because, after all, Nissan built the car to pose...to break records all over the place without letting the buying public do the same, unless they want a disposable machine...

thebigjimsho
11-08-08, 04:13 PM
But you cannot afford to buy either one of those trucks so you can't comment on themOh no, you can comment on them all you like. Again, it's just purely comical that someone can put down a cheaper car when you can't afford either...

93DevilleUSMC
11-08-08, 04:41 PM
All this back-and-forth over who likes what is a bunch of horse crap with a bunch of generalizations and stereotypes tossed in as supposed proof that any one poster's viewpoint is somehow superior. Like i said, it's horse crap, but it's pretty funny to watch.

:alchi:

Spittin Game
11-08-08, 05:49 PM
Of course, because this world is awash with people who are embarrassed to not have a 1/4 million dollars burning a hole in their wallets...please...

Its a fact that people will justify themselves to others when they really couldnt afford it. Do you think "Jon" is gonna come home to his neighbor "Dave" who has a Ferrari and tell him "I couldn't afford the 430, so I bought the ZR1"? Nope. Hes gonna try and tell him why the ZR1 was the better buy aka justifying.

Im not trying to put people down that cant afford a Ferrari or Lambo or whatever (Hell, I cant even come close to affording those cars [yet]), but thats what people do. Its human nature, just watch someone when they are around others with more expensive toys, a lot (not all) will start justifying.

CTSV_Rob
11-08-08, 07:16 PM
I have driven a Ferrari 360 and it is one hell of a car. Would I trade it in for the V, well I would need to think about it.

Each car has it's trade off's and believe it or not I prefferred the interior in my car over the Ferrari. There is no space inside this car and if you have anything larger than womens feet (width) then I would recommend a different car.

Now driving the car was just awesome. This car is about 10 years old but it was extremely fast and by far the best handling car I have ever driven. I really like the vette but I think for it to be superior it would need to be mid engine. If they did that it would no longer be a vette but it would be one bad ass car.

I sure wish GM would put together a mid engined car with a LS something in it, would be bad ass.

If I could get any car it would probably be one of these with a LS7:
5dsRe3sGiAE&feature

thebigjimsho
11-08-08, 07:42 PM
Factory Five FTW!

Blackout
11-09-08, 10:48 AM
I just find it amazing that Jim is so serious on this. This whole thread was based off of "If money was no object which car would you get?" and yet Jim keeps on with wo has a 1/4 million dollar just laying around? It's called an analogy!!!

thebigjimsho
11-09-08, 02:00 PM
I just find it amazing that Jim is so serious on this. This whole thread was based off of "If money was no object which car would you get?" and yet Jim keeps on with wo has a 1/4 million dollar just laying around? It's called an analogy!!!I really wasn't except for a few gems that you threw out there set me off. Plus I drove a client down to Greenwich, CT late Friday night AFTER I drove down to, and back from, Monticello Motor Club earlier that day.

Lack of sleep can be a bitch...

concorso
11-12-08, 09:17 PM
Theres a big difference in criticizing something and making up excuses about one being more affordable and in your price range so thats why you chose it.

Do you really think someone like Bill Gates (example because he can afford whatever he wants) wakes up in the morning and goes "Gee, I have all this money, I want the Lambo, but that vette is just so much more affordable"?

People with money dont look at it that way. When you dont have the money thats when you justify why things are more affordable and in your price range.How many rich people do you know? I know alot, and they dont all do things the same way. A close friend of mine is a scrimper and saver (accountant), he drives a fully loaded Camry to work. Do you know what he could afford? I don't, but I know his house was in the $4 million range. Another family will only buy Mercedes. The point I was trying to make was that not everyone actually thinks the Lamboghini is the better car. Im (un)lucky enough to have quite a few friends with nice cars. One of them is getting ready to trade his Gallardo in for a ZR1. The Gayardo was bought new. And he could buy the LP560 new.

Sometimes it has nothing to do with money. Some of these rich people got that way by making extremely smart choices.

By the way, Bill Gates owns a stretched Corvette...and he could have had a stretched Lambo...and he may have that too...

concorso
11-12-08, 09:23 PM
Well that is a point, the exotics are much more high maintenance than the Corvette or Viper is....but if you can afford the car it's self, then the frequent and expensive maintenance shouldn't be that big of a problem....you've probably got 2-3 other cars to drive while your exotic is in for service.
If you own the car mostly to pose, sure. But if youre a driver, you cant deal with lots of problems that keep you from enjoying the car. A car cannot be driven to its potential when its in the shop.

I love Ferrari, but not because of its badge... I love how great they are to drive. If I couldnt drive it on a continuous basis, its not much of a drivers car is it?

MauiV
11-12-08, 09:36 PM
OK BACK ON TOPIC!!!

SEMA Showstoppers......

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/jdinmaui/Booth-Babes-Of-SEMA-2008.jpg

More here...
http://jalopnik.com/5079880/the-boot...2008-sema-show

Spittin Game
11-12-08, 10:03 PM
I have driven a Ferrari 360 and it is one hell of a car. Would I trade it in for the V, well I would need to think about it.

Youd need to think about trading your V for a Ferrari??? Are you on drugs?:cookoo:

Blackout
11-13-08, 07:06 AM
By the way, Bill Gates owns a stretched Corvette...and he could have had a stretched Lambo...and he may have that too...Bill Gates daily driver is a Ford Focus