: My blinkers

csbuckn
11-04-08, 11:21 PM
my blinkers dont work along with my cruise and I know that these are connected in some way and I know there was a post about this a couple of months ago but I couldnt find it. Are these linked by a relay because my fuse is good?

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
11-05-08, 11:35 AM
You need to change your blinker fluid. :)

http://www.ewanme.net/albums/miscstuff/BlinkerFluid.jpg

There should not be a relay for the turn signals, but there may be one for the cruise, I am not sure. Do the turn signals work at all or do they just come on and stay on (no flashing action)?

jey
11-05-08, 08:33 PM
Sounds like a problem with the turn signal stalk...

csbuckn
11-05-08, 09:36 PM
turns on and stays on

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
11-06-08, 12:06 AM
Do you have a burned out bulb? A burned out bulb means there is not enough current running through the flasher unit to make it go. Try replacing the flasher, $6-$10 at any auto part store.

My_favorite_Brougham
11-06-08, 12:44 AM
There may be some wire chafing in the steering column. Older cars like these are known to do that on occasion, as I've had problems with. All that stuff to the left of the steering wheel basically.

See my old thread:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/rwd-19xx-1984-deville-fleetwood-1985/79073-does-your-car-do-wierd-things.html

Best of luck!
Greg

jayoldschool
11-06-08, 10:08 AM
dirt cheap fleetwood has the correct answer...;)

Cadillac Giovanni
11-06-08, 11:16 PM
My blinker started doing the same thing over the summer. I went for a week just blinking it manually by moving the switch up and down, then it fixed itself miraculously over the weekend

csbuckn
11-07-08, 01:10 AM
My blinker started doing the same thing over the summer. I went for a week just blinking it manually by moving the switch up and down, then it fixed itself miraculously over the weekend

Yea, thats how mine started. They would come on and blink sometimes, then come on and stay on. Sometimes come on and stay on...then start to blink again. I checked when it first started happening and all lights seem to have been working but I will check again.

fjennings
08-10-09, 04:52 PM
Does anyone know why a blinker will not click off after turning. This happens when turning left?

csbuckn
08-10-09, 10:49 PM
There is a mechanical piece inside the column or blinker arm that cancels when it makes contact. Its probably broken and you will have to replace the piece(if possible) or the whole arm.

sven914
08-11-09, 01:51 AM
Being that problem started out as an intermittent means that it is a wiring problem (bulb filaments cannot grow back). If it was a bad switch on the column, then the lights would either be always on, or they would never come on. The only thing that I can think of that could be causing this is a bad turn/hazard relay not switching the current.