: Finally Not Raped !

daacon
06-21-04, 09:10 PM
:cool: Well as part of the 3rd owner maintenance today I had the plugs / wires (yes premium plugs and wires) / Rotor / Dist Cap and Fuel filter changed. After being raped on my insurance inpsection when I first bought the caddy (1.2$k of which < 350 parts) - I decided to check out the new OK Tire here in town (I had them change the oil on a special seemed like good , knowledgeable guys).

They are trying to build a reputation so offering some incredible deals. I got nothing but good things to say so far. Total Bill with taxes a very respecitble $338.23 - one hour labor at the reduced price of $56.95. Not sure I could DIY for that - let alone the frustration I have read about some of rear plugs (and I have big hands). Front Brakes need replacing soon - know where I am going.

So anybody in and around the Sherwood Park area in Alberta , Canada- check them out. They have my buisness now for all my vehicles and word of mouth endorsement.

Happy Camper

Spock
06-22-04, 01:32 AM
You're from the park too? Awesome, I'll give these guys a one over.

I've been burned on all the repairs that has every happened to my car, I've never REALLY been happy with any of them. Good to hear that you're happy with them.

Thanks for the review! :)

Ralph
06-22-04, 01:44 AM
I didn't have much fun with my firewall bank of plugs, but they are possible. I had to flex the heater hose beyone belief!

What brand plugs, etc?

daacon
06-22-04, 09:42 AM
Cool another Sherwood Forest Caddy Man! Small cyber space world what! OK Tire is located at:

2833 Broadmoor Blvd. Sherwood Park, AB T8H 2H3
Owner:
Kenneth R. Halter
Tel: 780.467.9533

Just past Millennium Place on Broadmoor - out of the way place would miss it if you did not know it was there.
Tell 'em Dave (92 Deville) sent ya. Maybe we can all get discounts if we refer people. Special on Labor at $56.95 -
regular rate looks like $80.00 - not sure how long the special will last - make sure you ask for it.

As for brands I will have to check (invoice is pretty generic), plugs pretty sure are NGK's.
Prices are

Plugs List $8.27 (each) sold for $8.27
Wires List $111.51 sold for $93.90
Dist List $51.39 sold for $43.28
Rotor List $13.21 sold for $13.21
PCV List $7.01, sold for $7.01
Fuel Filter $36.18 sold for $30.46

All the prices seem reasonable - more impressed with one hour charged at $56.95 to do it all. It would have taken me way
Longer than an hour, plus skinned knuckles and some colorful language I am sure.

DopeStar 156
06-22-04, 03:15 PM
Lesson learned here, carefully name your threads. LOL! You sure grabbed my attention.

daacon
06-22-04, 06:31 PM
Yeah an attention graber headline 4 sure. I am also sure many people are cursin' me for the title ...(wow gotta read that awwwwwwwww Sh*& ):nyanya:

Still first time in a while I have not felt "violated" by the "auto shop" ....dealer or otherwise ...may have the perfect combo - cheap (relatively) and competent ..time will tell.

Ralph
06-22-04, 06:37 PM
Prices are

Plugs List $8.27 (each) sold for $8.27
Wires List $111.51 sold for $93.90
Dist List $51.39 sold for $43.28
Rotor List $13.21 sold for $13.21
PCV List $7.01, sold for $7.01
Fuel Filter $36.18 sold for $30.46

Well, there are a couple of things you could have got cheaper, but overall, ok. No pcv valve should cost 7 dollars IMO, and regarding plugs, I'm assuming you mean a 2 pack of plugs (platinums) for $8.27 "each?" I got a dist. cap at CDN Tire for 20 bucks, and the pcv was less than five. I didn't think wires cost that much but maybe for a Caddy they charge more because they can. :hmm:

daacon
06-22-04, 06:50 PM
Yeah there are always cheaper componets or same componets for cheaper price - I don't mind getting a little hosed on parts when I would almost guarentee a dealership would have charged me 2 - 4 hour labor for this crap ......that is where the savings comes in :coolgleam ..and yes I could have done it myslef and save even more , but hey that is compromise I make by choice

Ralph
06-22-04, 06:52 PM
Yeah there are always cheaper componets or same componets for cheaper price - I don't mind getting a little hosed on parts when I would almost guarentee a dealership would have charged me 2 - 4 hour labor for this crap ......that is where the savings comes in :coolgleam ..and yes I could have done it myslef and save even more , but hey that is compromise I make by choice

Good point! I would take that deal too. :) Labour is where they get ya. :rant2: