: Might have to sell my V

LUVMY04V
11-04-08, 01:21 PM
yes tis true :crybaby: I used to have a roomate and he has now moved out to colorado. My girlfriend is worthless (money wise cant save a dime) and I work for a family business that refuses to raise my pay to where i need it. And will also be insulted if I quit and go somewhere else (I could make way better money somewhere else) Long story short I might sell my v to my parents and then just buy it back when I can afford it.(weak for a 27 year old guy but I will always have a chance to buy it back) Either way we will see my car payment isnt that much but is the only fat i can trim off my budget and I have a daily driver so its not that big of deal. We will see.

What is my car worth anyway?? 57k miles 2.5 years and 25k left on a majorguard warrenty with $100 dedictible. and all the other stuff tinted windows powdercoated rims spoiler and a bunch of other little stuff. I was thinking just having them give me 20k :crybaby:

CtsVrod
11-04-08, 01:25 PM
yes tis true :crybaby: I used to have a roomate and he has now moved out to colorado. My girlfriend is worthless (money wise cant save a dime) and I work for a family business that refuses to raise my pay to where i need it. And will also be insulted if I quit and go somewhere else (I could make way better money somewhere else) Long story short I might sell my v to my parents and then just buy it back when I can afford it.(weak for a 27 year old guy but I will always have a chance to buy it back) Either way we will see my car payment isnt that much but is the only fat i can trim off my budget and I have a daily driver so its not that big of deal. We will see.

What is my car worth anyway?? 57k miles 2.5 years and 25k left on a majorguard warrenty with $100 dedictible. and all the other stuff tinted windows powdercoated rims spoiler and a bunch of other little stuff. I was thinking just having them give me 20k :crybaby:

:holycrap: :shocked2:
Never would've thought!! That would be absolute torture to sell the car to my parents, and just see it sitting there, and not be able to drive it every day! Better off selling it, and buying another when the time is right.

Sounds about right in the 20k price range... Good Luck!

heavymetals
11-04-08, 01:29 PM
Well if the parents are gonna let you keep on driving it, that is just as good as a raise.

LUVMY04V
11-04-08, 01:33 PM
:holycrap: :shocked2:
Never would've thought!! That would be absolute torture to sell the car to my parents, and just see it sitting there, and not be able to drive it every day! Better off selling it, and buying another when the time is right.

Sounds about right in the 20k price range... Good Luck!god your telling me. If i did it i would just leave it in my name and have them pay the payments. It really sucks because I actually work for the family and I have my bachelors degree in business (HR) and would be making alot more money if i would have gotten a different job out of college. but I wanted to help out the family and took this job. Actually the buisness is doing great as well its just our accounts receivable has been terrible as of late otherwise it would not be a big deal. And i make decent money but My taxes on my house are rediclous so that is where alot of my extra cash goes.

LUVMY04V
11-04-08, 01:36 PM
Well if the parents are gonna let you keep on driving it, that is just as good as a raise.LOL :lildevil: I was thinking that too :D Its really BS though. Its a very complicated story that has many double standards but It would be a novel if i tried to explain it all. I will honestly never have to worry about money to live. Just have to worry about money for toys for now :yup:

heavymetals
11-04-08, 01:38 PM
There is nothing wrong with double standards as long as the standard favors you.........:rolleyes:

LUVMY04V
11-04-08, 01:44 PM
There is nothing wrong with double standards as long as the standard favors you.........:rolleyes:
I agree :D and I will always have a fleet of Harley's (literally) to ride when its nice too and i live on a golf course so I really cant complain. :bigroll: Or can I?? haha

CIWS
11-04-08, 01:46 PM
You have a "worthless" girlfriend and the dead weight you're considering shaving is the :v: ? Anyone else see the flaw in the logic ?

LUVMY04V
11-04-08, 01:56 PM
You have a "worthless" girlfriend and the dead weight you're considering shaving is the :v: ? Anyone else see the flaw in the logic ?:devilheh: haha yeah she doesnt live with me but she is there almost every night... however she cost me anything (She pays for herself unless i insist) but she doesn't bring anything to the table that is for sure

lollygagger8
11-04-08, 02:03 PM
Tell her to beat it :lildevil:

I'll let you take that how you see fit.

Twitch
11-04-08, 02:10 PM
Is finding another roomate an option?
Or are you dumping the V lust cuz wheels are too expensive? :tisk:

CTSV_510
11-04-08, 02:17 PM

:yeah: New Roomate!!!!

MauiV
11-04-08, 02:20 PM
and I work for a family business that refuses to raise my pay to where i need it. And will also be insulted if I quit and go somewhere else (I could make way better money somewhere else)

I vote new job.

Sorry but someone elses feeling insulted isnt going to keep me from putting food on the table or keeping my V.

LUVMY04V
11-04-08, 02:35 PM
I have lots of friends but none right now that would want living in my house. No matter how much i love car. Have total independance is alot better.

I vote new job.

Sorry but someone elses feeling insulted isnt going to keep me from putting food on the table or keeping my V.
Yeah Like I said I will be a rich man in the future and it is family . But just not yet. Not to mention the ultimate job security. We will see maybe I will get that raise If not My old man will be forced to watch his kid sell his pride and joy or just have to take over payments for me for a while.

Either way unless they give me a raise I will be forced to do somthing drastic. I am not gonna give up my lifestyle for a car though. Not even if it was a ZR1 of a V2 V :duck:

whisler151
11-04-08, 02:44 PM
:devilheh: haha yeah she doesnt live with me but she is there almost every night... however she cost me anything (She pays for herself unless i insist) but she doesn't bring anything to the table that is for sure

She doesn't get on the forum to check up on you I hope. :histeric:

LUVMY04V
11-04-08, 03:14 PM
She doesn't get on the forum to check up on you I hope. :histeric:nah and she knows her role if she did. Im the best thing that ever happened to her :histeric:

razl
11-04-08, 03:43 PM
Assuming that the 20K that you get from your parents covers your payoff, and ignoring the aspects of financial risk + family members...

Why not instead have them give you a 20K loan at a better rate or longer term than your current payout? Since they're going to buy you out and you're going to buy it back (presumably you'll be buying it back at the going rate then, not the 20K that they gave you for it - otherwise you're paying for the depreciation while it's sitting in their garage) that at least lets you drive it in the meantime. Plus, if they get a little %, they're getting some benefit.

Unless there's no deal you can structure that lets you trim off enough monthly $s to make it worth it. But, if y'all are willing to be creative, maybe they'd be willing to structure the loan as a balloon so that you get 6 months "free" and pay more later (when you believe you'll be making more).

All this isn't smart in the real world where when we're talking about a depreciation asset, but within the economic ecosystem between you and family, it might be prefectly fine.

HartmanV
11-04-08, 03:54 PM
Good reply razl,

Brentman, I feel for ya, this would be a dilemma I would not want to be stuck in, but at least selling it to your parents keeps the car close by with option to get it back easily.

I agree with staying put, ecspecially if you stand to make alot of money in the future!

Good luck with what ever comes out of it.

LUVMY04V
11-04-08, 04:00 PM
Assuming that the 20K that you get from your parents covers your payoff, and ignoring the aspects of financial risk + family members...

Why not instead have them give you a 20K loan at a better rate or longer term than your current payout? Since they're going to buy you out and you're going to buy it back (presumably you'll be buying it back at the going rate then, not the 20K that they gave you for it - otherwise you're paying for the depreciation while it's sitting in their garage) that at least lets you drive it in the meantime. Plus, if they get a little %, they're getting some benefit.

Unless there's no deal you can structure that lets you trim off enough monthly to make it worth it. But, if y'all are willing to be creative, maybe they'd be willing to structure the loan as a balloon so that you get 6 months "free" and pay more later (when you believe you'll be making more).

All this isn't smart in the real world where when we're talking about a depreciation asset, but within the economic ecosystem between you and family, it might be prefectly fine.
We will see What happens. Honestly the family is well off as a whole and calling it an economic ecosystem of its own Is EXACTLY right. There are many different accounts and many variables that go into what can be divided. And my whole family is well off and has never had to worry about money (atleast for the past 15 years) SO we will see but I am just nervous how it will work out.

BTW my dad absolutely loves my car as well and loves bragging how his kid has a 400hp caddy and takes his buddies for rides in it all the time. So we will see how it all plays out.

Also Like i said it is my toy and not my DD so I appreciate that I even get to own it now. :cloud9:

onebadcad
11-04-08, 04:52 PM
You got a lot of choices:

1) have the parents pay you the equity in the car, have them make payments from the biz checking account, remind them that it is tax-deductible provided your accountant is not too conservative, negotiate that in lieu of the much-earned raise driving the V at your convenience is part of your total compensation
2) upgraded the GF, if she is hot, tell her it is for purely financial reasons and sneak her it at night
3) go to the bank and refinance the auto for a longer term, thus more payments, but very justifiable if you plan on keeping the V foreva
4) don't sweat it, Obama gets in tomorrow, everything will be easier, listen to this supporter:

YouTube - Peggy Joseph Thinks She Won't Need To Worry About Paying For Her Gas And Mortgage Under Barack Obama

LUVMY04V
11-04-08, 05:32 PM
yeah I have seen that video LOL

bigREDfreshness
11-04-08, 10:09 PM
So when do I get your rims? :stirpot:

Oh sheesh, I'm kidding :yup: ...Mostly

Jayrcr3
11-04-08, 10:15 PM
Welcome to the USSA.

CTSV_Rob
11-04-08, 10:44 PM
Ignorance is bliss.

04CaddyOwner
11-04-08, 10:58 PM
Well sweet cause im on my first tank of gas in my sts-v and only gettin like 16 mpg :lildevil:.....now that i wont have to buy gas lets see how low we can go :D

good luck with your v by the way....hope everything works out

Stoopalini
11-05-08, 12:22 AM
What about a 2nd part-time job to make the payments? You can make $500 a month easy delivering pizza's 2-3 nights a week ....

Thomas.

whisler151
11-05-08, 09:01 AM
What about a 2nd part-time job to make the payments? You can make $500 a month easy delivering pizza's 2-3 nights a week ....

Very true...I delivered pizzas as a second job when I was in the Marines. Working a few nights a week and that payment will be a lot easier. Not to mention its a pretty fun job.

LUVMY04V
11-05-08, 09:22 AM

Thomas.I thought about that actually but first I work 55 hrs a week alrady and I had a long talk with my old man last night and he told me that I am going to be taken care of and he would rather me not have to have a roommate anyway. Actually since Obama won last night he and my uncle (the two owners and btw they are identical twins and act identical as well) will be taking out all of their dividends from the company and splitting them between US kids before the tax increases start. So actually i might end up wayyy better off than I was in the first place anyway. and they are giving me a raise with an 2k bonus to get me started.

LONG STORY SHORT THE V STAYS WITH ME!!!!
But I still gotta live Frugal but I sacrifice For my ride :)

I am in a great mood today now I just gotta worry about all the taxes on our buisness and Keeping my GUNS :yup: since the congress and the house and the president is all Democrat and Pro for raising taxes for all buisnesses small or large and gun control :bigroll::crybaby:

thebigjimsho
11-05-08, 09:33 AM
My parents traded in my mother's Forester XT for a Legacy a couple years ago. She misses the turbo on the Forester(that thing hauled ass). So once in a while, she asks to borrow the V. She loves the power. She even liked the headers.

My father married her after she learned to drive my father's motorcycle. She also never stalled his '68 Buick GS400. So letting your parents drive your car isn't always a bad thing...

whisler151
11-05-08, 09:40 AM
I am in a great mood today now I just gotta worry about all the taxes on our buisness and Keeping my GUNS :yup: since the congress and the house and the president is all Democrat and Pro for raising taxes for all buisnesses small or large and gun control :bigroll::crybaby:

Congrats!

I too am in a family business. We're not too excited about the upcoming "Change". At least they will have a hard time on gun control here in Texas. We were one of the few red states this go round.

heavymetals
11-05-08, 01:25 PM
For new roomates I would suggest two college girls and a webcam....:thumbsup:

onebadcad
11-05-08, 01:41 PM
Actually since Obama won last night he and my uncle (the two owners and btw they are identical twins and act identical as well) will be taking out all of their dividends from the company and splitting them between US kids before the tax increases start.

Go back to my post from yesterday, I told you Obama would take care of you:lildevil:. He is the man, I am not going to pay my mortgage this month, and when my servicer calls I am gonna tell them that Obama is mailing in the payment. Life is good,,,

BTW, congrats on saving the V, you are an true V enthusiast, glad it worked out!!!

gfourth
11-05-08, 01:55 PM
For new roomates I would suggest two college girls and a webcam....:thumbsup:

haha!

Remove all interior doors in your house as well. No need for them.

And congrats on keeping the V!

SS from the "Wood"
11-06-08, 10:53 PM
Brent - here's my $.02... :yup:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJrSyFpK3iQ

SS from the "Wood"
11-06-08, 11:03 PM
ARRRGGGHHH!!! Vid unavail... That sux... I thought it was totally funny too!