: Employee Pricing

Bigron
11-04-08, 12:53 PM
Has anyone posted employee pricing?
I just saw it on the gmpricing.com website and didn't know if it was posted here yet.
Is there a reason that I should not post it here, dealer or mod concerns?

Caddyscat
11-04-08, 01:25 PM
generally it's only for employees. so if you aint got authorization numbers you cant get the price (unless theres a sales event). The cool thing is my dealer asked me if i had MY authorization number and said i would be able to get the "V" at my price. Yes I work for GM. I might have to wait a while but ive already been waiting so no big deal.

Bigron
11-04-08, 01:40 PM
Yeah GM published employee pricing in September for all their cars, so I am not sure how big of a secret it really is.

Krug Ford
11-05-08, 10:45 AM
GMS is available..

If anyone is looking for one I will accept it..

smithb
11-05-08, 04:10 PM
If you can get GMS, then you can access the price (at gmfamilyfirst.com). I don't think it is a big deal to post it, just a waste of space.

Bigron
11-05-08, 05:09 PM
True but many people get GMS from a friend or family member.
The last 3 months: August was employees could give their discount to anyone, September employee discount for everyone, and October again employee could give their discount to anyone.

LV_V
11-05-08, 07:47 PM
post it already, jesus h

BowenCT
11-05-08, 09:37 PM
word

NormV
11-06-08, 09:35 AM
Has anyone posted employee pricing?
I just saw it on the gmpricing.com website and didn't know if it was posted here yet.
Is there a reason that I should not post it here, dealer or mod concerns?

I just looked and there is nothing for the 09 CTS-V. There is for the 09 STS-V. :)

Norm

asabase
11-06-08, 09:41 AM
I can get supplier pricing but the CTS-V isn't on the website yet. I'd like to know employee pricing since guess supplier pricing from there.

Cadillac Tony
11-06-08, 10:13 AM
GM Employee Price on the new CTS-V is $51,409.20 + DFC ($52,184.20). Fully loaded it's $59,520.20.

To try and avoid a repeat of what happened over on the 08 CTS forum, let me say this:

GM Employee price is for qualifying Employees and their families only, or those they choose to give a number to under special programs. It is not a price that can be "negotiated down to" by the general public, and unless you find a Dealer that is just sitting on a CTS-V gathering dust (or you have a great connection with them), don't expect to see Dealers offering Employee Pricing, EVEN TO EMPLOYEES, right off the bat. Whether or not a Dealer accepts the discount is voluntary, and most new release (like the Z06) sell at Retail price for a while until sales slow down.

I hope that didn't sound rude, but the CTS forum became a mess of everyone acting furious and outraged that their Dealer wouldn't give them Employee price after someone posted the figure there, even though they didn't qualify for it. Then they posted thread after thread begging people for a number, making the forum a pain to navigate. I just want to make sure anyone new to GM or browsing the forums understands that this is a private offer, and will probably not be honored by Dealers until the point that this car isn't selling at retail price.

Bigron
11-06-08, 02:12 PM
Tony thanks for posting, I just wanted to make sure the supporting dealers would be ok with posting it before I did.

Tony I thought it was:
$51,409.20 + $775.00 DFC + $1,300.00 Gas = $53,484.20

Caddyscat
11-06-08, 10:44 PM
well, at any rate. My dealer in Walnut Creek said that since I have my GMS # he'd give me the V at that cost. Unfortunately I haven't placed an order since i'm waiting for the wood trim to become available and now reading about plants possibly going idle for a while it seems as though the wait continues. I hope to at least SEE the car in a few weeks when the international auto show comes to S.F., I had to pass on the driving event this weekend because of a visit with my future father-in-law, boooo. Anyway, Tony, from what I've read on this forum and whats actually happened, you've been pretty spot on, I wish my dealer was as informed as you.

Florian
11-07-08, 01:25 AM
Id NEVER buy a car from Tony....he's a shyster~! LOL.

BTW-you know what I want. Keep me in mind.

F

asabase
11-07-08, 10:21 AM
Back on topic, I think supplier pricing is 4% over employee so that would make supplier pricing about 51,409.20 * 1.04 + $775 + $1300 = $55540

Cadillac Tony
11-07-08, 11:11 AM
Id NEVER buy a car from Tony....he's a shyster~! LOL.

BTW-you know what I want. Keep me in mind.

F

:lol:

You know I'm looking out for you, F man. :thumbsup:

offsight204
11-07-08, 11:15 AM
Tony thanks for posting, I just wanted to make sure the supporting dealers would be ok with posting it before I did.

Tony I thought it was:
$51,409.20 + $775.00 DFC + $1,300.00 Gas = $53,484.20

How much i would love to buy it for those numbers..:)

Jpjr
11-07-08, 12:46 PM
I remember posting last summer that dealers would honor those that qualify for the employee discount (like me) right out of the gates, and I got told by some here to "check my facts", lol. $59k loaded sounds pretty darn good right now...

AZstar
11-11-08, 10:35 PM
Can anyone give me an idea of where this pricing is compared to "invoice." Does it go, Employee lowest, then Invoice, then Supplier, then MSRP? Or do I have the order mixed up?

Thanks

LITTLEELVISDAN
11-11-08, 11:09 PM
Can anyone give me an idea of where this pricing is compared to "invoice." Does it go, Employee lowest, then Invoice, then Supplier, then MSRP? Or do I have the order mixed up?

Thanks

Try, dealer(considering hold back):shhh:, employee, invoice, MSRP

AZstar
11-12-08, 11:37 AM
My question really is what the Supplier Price is compared to Invoice. I don't qualify for employee pricing, but I do qualify for Supplier pricing. My dealership said that they are unable at this time to tell me a price. In fact, they said they can't even put the order in because the system is not accepting orders. When they are able to submit the order, I guess they will be able to compare all the various prices for me. Until then, I'm just curious, in general, is Supplier price higher or lower than Invoice, usually.

louiefl99
11-12-08, 12:13 PM
When I bought my '08 CTS GMU (Supplier) was 1.5% over invoice and GMS (Employee) was 3% under invoice. Using Tony's case of $52,184.20 for Employee including destination, that puts invoice around $53,800 and Supplier at around $54,600. Again, that was on a fully loaded CTS, not the new V - not sure if it varies across models. If GM offers a 24-month pull ahead on the balance of my lease and a dealer accepts my supplier code, I'm in. Otherwise I need to wait another 18-24 months...