:confused:
McCain
Obama

RightTurn
11-04-08, 08:59 AM
Get out and VOTE, people!!!

Destroyer
11-04-08, 09:48 AM
Looks like an Obama win, slaughter actually. I was hesitant to vote for him but after all the antics McCain pulled and his choice of VP, I see no other choice.

FrankT
11-04-08, 09:57 AM
Get out and VOTE, people!!!

:yeah: X2 :Palin:

kbevere
11-04-08, 11:10 AM
:usflag::patriot:
Well who ever wins i really hope its for the better.:yup:

RightTurn
11-04-08, 11:13 AM
Ditto!! And if everyone will refrain from making partisan comments, maybe this thread won't get locked. kthx. :D

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-04-08, 11:20 AM
Obama is gonna win, but I'm not necessarily gonna vote for hjm.

Brett
11-04-08, 12:12 PM
Ditto!! And if everyone will refrain from making partisan comments, maybe this thread won't get locked. kthx. :D

Smart Girl there.

Everyone feel free to answer the poll, but no partisan comments

EcSTSatic
11-04-08, 12:38 PM
Not to rain on anyone's parade but when you cast your vote in today's presidential election, remember you're not taking part in a nationwide popular vote, but rather helping decide who your state's Electoral College delegates support. So it's really those states with the most electoral votes that decide the outcome.

creeker
11-04-08, 12:50 PM
Not to rain on anyone's parade but when you cast your vote in today's presidential election, remember you're not taking part in a nationwide popular vote, but rather helping decide who your state's Electoral College delegates support. So it's really those states with the most electoral votes that decide the outcome.

Very interesting poll on "betavote.com" , have a look.

gary88
11-04-08, 02:06 PM
If McCain wins his suit against Virginia, we may not know the winner until Nov 14ish because of a certain number of troops not receiving absentee ballots in time.

Blackout
11-04-08, 03:37 PM
I hope Houston beats Boston. I hate the Celtics

Krashed989
11-04-08, 03:54 PM
I think Obama will win.... I tried to vote but they wouldn't let me. I'm 45 miles away from my registered voting station and I wont be in that area till the weekend. I tried to go to the local voting station over here. After calling it in to see if I could vote over here, they said no. Ohh well.

Night Wolf
11-04-08, 04:19 PM
Where is the choice for Barr?

Elvis
11-04-08, 04:46 PM
Hey everybody. I've been away for a while.

I think the O-man wins this one big in the popular vote but barely in the electoral count--but that's just a guess. I strongly believe that the county-by-county map will be as red as it ever was, with only the densely-populated areas being blue.

I voted early this morning. There were about 150 people in line with me, and I have to say that about 85% of us were extremely depressed. It was so obvious. But we all showed up, fulfilled our civic duty, and went off to work. Gotta earn as much as we can now, before the new achievement penalties kick in next year.

Brett
11-04-08, 04:57 PM
The King has spoken, which is pretty rare :wave:

EcSTSatic
11-04-08, 05:10 PM
Hey everybody. I've been away for a while.

I think the O-man wins this one big in the popular vote but barely in the electoral count--but that's just a guess. I strongly believe that the county-by-county map will be as red as it ever was, with only the densely-populated areas being blue.

I voted early this morning. There were about 150 people in line with me, and I have to say that about 85% of us were extremely depressed. It was so obvious. But we all showed up, fulfilled our civic duty, and went off to work. Gotta earn as much as we can now, before the new achievement penalties kick in next year.

:yeah::yeah:

Night Wolf
11-04-08, 05:16 PM
I voted.... in and out in 5mins.... not bad.

Rolex
11-04-08, 06:54 PM
Hey everybody.

Good to see you Elvis!

McCain FTW!!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-04-08, 06:56 PM
Wow, yeah, good to hear from ya Elvis!

Sandy
11-04-08, 07:00 PM
I am almost positive that Obama will indeed win, and the American People will lose!
HERE IS WHY,

http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2008/11/obamas_attack_ad_on_himself.asp

AMGoff
11-04-08, 07:04 PM
"Palin in 2012"

ryannel2003
11-04-08, 07:46 PM
I voted early for this morning, didn't take too long. I'm pretty sure Obama will get it; I didn't really like either candidates, but I gotta vote for someone.

:Palin: FTW!!!

hueterm
11-04-08, 08:39 PM
"Palin in 2012"

WOO HOO!

(I'd be more excited if I thought you were serious :-) )

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-04-08, 08:45 PM
I have to say, at 6:44 central time, this is a lot closer than I anticipated. 51% Obama, 49% McCain. :eek:

93DevilleUSMC
11-04-08, 09:30 PM
I think McCain will win. It's not over until all precints are in.

ShadowLvr400
11-04-08, 10:29 PM
I'm calling Obama. And I think McCain is simply Bush who can actually speak. Bout it. A vote for change, a vote for Obama.

chubbyranger
11-04-08, 11:03 PM
:hmm: 199 to 78. Florida teetering on the edge of either side. Just so long as I don't have to hear about hanging chads again...

ryannel2003
11-05-08, 12:19 AM
It's official. Obama is the new president.

Spittin Game
11-05-08, 12:36 AM
http://i37.tinypic.com/142yliu.jpg

Destroyer
11-05-08, 12:38 AM
I think McCain will win.
Not even close!;)

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z251/AstrocreepVIII/election-outcome.jpg

Time to head home:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z251/AstrocreepVIII/maverick3.jpg

93DevilleUSMC
11-05-08, 03:48 AM
Well, it's over. Congratulations, President-elect Obama.

ShadowLvr400
11-05-08, 08:41 AM
2 things,
1, Destroyer, which home? :) McCain's got like 14...
2, I have to give McCain credit, his concession speech was quite good. I think it may be one of his best ever.

I was a supporter of Obama, so I am pleased, and I do have to respect McCain, he does deserve it. Palin is a waste of time IMO though. Honestly, I think she may have hurt McCain more than helped. Too damned divisive, and talk about inexperienced... Plus, the comment about community organizers... I have 3 names of black community organizers that inspired more people than Palin could ever manage. Malcom X, Louis Farrakan, and Dr Martin Luther King Jr. By definition, those 3 were all "community organizers" with "real responsibilities." Sorry, been bitin that one back for a while.

ShadowLvr400
11-05-08, 08:47 AM
Oh, though I forgot to mention how disappointed I am in my state. Passed an amendment to define marraige as 1 man, 1 woman. Backwards morality policing prudes. Let gays marry, let them adopt, let them be just as stressed out as the rest of us families. :P

Destroyer
11-05-08, 11:31 AM
2 things,
2, I have to give McCain credit, his concession speech was quite good. I think it may be one of his best ever.

I was a supporter of Obama, so I am pleased, and I do have to respect McCain, he does deserve it. Palin is a waste of time IMO though. Honestly, I think she may have hurt McCain more than helped. Palin didn't look good for McCain. The VP choice was the most important decision he could make up to that point and it was a bad choice which of course makes you wonder how many other "bad choices" he would make as President. Palin was/is a joke and McCain paid for it. These folks are pretty happy about it though:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z251/AstrocreepVIII/6gg428.gif

thebigjimsho
11-05-08, 12:08 PM
I don't think Hillary is happy at all. She now has no shot in '12. If Obama is any good, he'll get a 2nd term. If he isn't, there will be a ground swell on the Republican side, especially with a Democratic Congress...

thebigjimsho
11-05-08, 12:13 PM
2 things,

I was a supporter of Obama, so I am pleased, and I do have to respect McCain, he does deserve it. Palin is a waste of time IMO though. Honestly, I think she may have hurt McCain more than helped. Too damned divisive, and talk about inexperienced... Plus, the comment about community organizers... I have 3 names of black community organizers that inspired more people than Palin could ever manage. Malcom X, Louis Farrakan, and Dr Martin Luther King Jr. By definition, those 3 were all "community organizers" with "real responsibilities." Sorry, been bitin that one back for a while.Yeah, because being a community organizer is a whole lot tougher than running a state...

Joe Biden was getting crowds of a few hundred while Palin was getting 20,000 at rallies. Palin was not the problem.

Destroyer
11-05-08, 12:18 PM
Yeah, because being a community organizer is a whole lot tougher than running a state...

Joe Biden was getting crowds of a few hundred while Palin was getting 20,000 at rallies. Palin was not the problem.Palin was getting the crowds but not because anyone there was gonna vote for her. Hell I would have gone to one of her rallies just for a laugh. :D

Elvis
11-05-08, 12:39 PM
Hello again, everybody. And greetings to those who greeted me yesterday! :wave:

I was a lot more upset about this when I went to bed than when I woke up at 1:30 am to check the final results.

A lot of times when I'm having an insomnia attack I'll listen to a BBC radio feed in bed thru a pocket-PC. It's cool to hear the morning news from Europe. You get a lot of financial info about what's going to happen to our own stock market in the coming day.

Anyway, until recently I had NO IDEA how negatively we have been viewed on the world stage since about 2002. The entire rest of the world is rejoicing about this election result. Their perception of us has been that we've become a bully, almost a rogue nation under W's leadership. For now at least, they love us again.

I never loved W. But he got my vote because I hated the alternatives. I think for the most part, 80% of us have been voting AGAINST someone since 1988, rather than FOR the guy we really wanted.

Yesterday more people actually voted FOR someone they love rather than against someone they hate. That's cool whether you agree with the people who won or not.

There's a chance that this could turn out well for all of us. I have no choice but to be optimistic and wish the O-man all the best. We can't handle another terrorist attack, and any assassination attempt would do irreparable harm to this nation's psyche. It may be glowing and positive right now, but it's VERY fragile. We need EVERYBODY positive if we're going to climb out of this rut.

As a small business owner, I'm scared to death of what may be coming. But I'll keep working, I don't know what else to do.

As an investor, I don't think that things can get any worse than they are right now. Hopefully we've touched bottom. I am encouraged when I look at what the market did from 1966-1974. The graph is almost exactly what we've seen since 2001. Sort of a bear market, a bad war going on, an energy crisis, and an extremely unpopular president.

Yahoo has a really cool DJIA graph where you can select any span of dates.

Check out what happened in 1975-76. It's awesome.

We've been here several times before and come out of it stronger. We're Americans. We kick ass.

Thank ya, thank ya vera much... :elvis3:

Elvis
11-05-08, 12:44 PM
One more thing.

I LOVE SARAH PALIN. Don't believe the Tina Fey hype. This woman is smart, and tough.

Alaska needs her to be their next senator.

thebigjimsho
11-05-08, 12:54 PM
One more thing.

I LOVE SARAH PALIN. Don't believe the Tina Fey hype. This woman is smart, and tough.

Alaska needs her to be their next senator.The media created a lot of things regarding Sarah Palin. Women's rights are great...as long as you're a Democrat. Sarah will never get another shot at the White House...

Destroyer
11-05-08, 02:27 PM
One more thing.

Alaska needs her to be their next senator.Truth is Palin doesn't really deserve this. I mean, she was thrust into this position, ready or not by the McCain organization. She wasn't properly vetted and she was there only cause she was supposed to seize the Hillary voters. Old school method of thinking, they really thought Hillary voters were voting for her only cause she was a woman?. Hillary has substance, Palin does not. Personally I think it was an insult to the women of this country to put Palin up there and think women would automatically vote for her like they were basing this whole thing on the candidates sex rather than credentials. Palin looked good but as soon as she opened her mouth...........stupid stuff came out.

gary88
11-05-08, 02:48 PM
I haz Obama rally pics. I didn't go to the actual thing, but went earlier to snap some photos on the outskirts.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/gheb88/IMG_5559w.jpg

Two letters short
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/gheb88/IMG_5562w.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/gheb88/IMG_5570w.jpg

This guy was literally walking around in circles for about half an hour repeating "Obama, woo! Obama, woo!"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/gheb88/IMG_5574w.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/gheb88/IMG_5629_1w.jpg

Coma
11-05-08, 03:09 PM
I am loving that black shirt with the horrible grammar. Is that a stab at Obama or what?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-05-08, 03:19 PM
I haz Obama rally pics. I didn't go to the actual thing, but went earlier to snap some photos on the outskirts.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/gheb88/IMG_5559w.jpg

Two letters short
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/gheb88/IMG_5562w.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/gheb88/IMG_5570w.jpg

This guy was literally walking around in circles for about half an hour repeating "Obama, woo! Obama, woo!"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/gheb88/IMG_5574w.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/gheb88/IMG_5629_1w.jpg

See....this is that typical liberal (or extremist) propganda that drives me batshit...people holding paintings of Obama made up to make him look like a dead saint, people PUSHING their beliefs into your face by incoherent chantings, muttered by someone who's probably homeless, a huge sign with the "clever" slogan of Obamanomenon....and for all that collective effort, they forgot to hit the spell check button when making the t-shirt.

What a waste. :nono:

gary88
11-05-08, 03:26 PM
See....this is that typical liberal (or extremist) propganda that drives me batshit...people holding paintings of Obama made up to make him look like a dead saint, people PUSHING their beliefs into your face by incoherent chantings, muttered by someone who's probably homeless, a huge sign with the "clever" slogan of Obamanomenon....and for all that collective effort, they forgot to hit the spell check button when making the t-shirt.

What a waste. :nono:

Almost forgot, Obama plays for the Cubs now

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/gheb88/IMG_5614w.jpg

gdwriter
11-05-08, 03:42 PM
Anyway, until recently I had NO IDEA how negatively we have been viewed on the world stage since about 2002. The entire rest of the world is rejoicing about this election result. Their perception of us has been that we've become a bully, almost a rogue nation under W's leadership. For now at least, they love us again.

I never loved W. But he got my vote because I hated the alternatives. I think for the most part, 80% of us have been voting AGAINST someone since 1988, rather than FOR the guy we really wanted.

Yesterday more people actually voted FOR someone they love rather than against someone they hate. That's cool whether you agree with the people who won or not.

There's a chance that this could turn out well for all of us. I have no choice but to be optimistic and wish the O-man all the best. We can't handle another terrorist attack, and any assassination attempt would do irreparable harm to this nation's psyche. It may be glowing and positive right now, but it's VERY fragile. We need EVERYBODY positive if we're going to climb out of this rut.

As a small business owner, I'm scared to death of what may be coming. But I'll keep working, I don't know what else to do.

We've been here several times before and come out of it stronger. We're Americans. We kick ass.Well said, Elvis. I agree there was much more of voting for Obama than voting against McCain, which was good to see. It's also nice to see the rest of the world happy about our election results. Whether we want to admit it or not, Americans have to share the world with billions of other people, and we're more likely to have things go the way we want them if the rest of the world isn't pissed off at us.

I've said it before elsewhere, but I see parallels between now and the Seventies, and I'd like to see Obama emerge as a leader like Reagan who will repair America's psyche and help restore our confidence.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-05-08, 03:51 PM
Well said, Elvis. I agree there was much more of voting for Obama than voting against McCain, which was good to see.

On a related note, I was at a T.G.I. Fridays with a friend when the news broke that Obama had won, and when McCain got up to do his concession speech (sp?) a bunch of the bar's drunker patrons got up to boo him...which really pissed me off...because the man already lost the election, and he was doing a very well planned and gentlemanly speech, and these jagoffs had to get up and ruin the moment for everyone else there. Ok, so your candidate won, good for him, now STFU!

Brett
11-05-08, 04:07 PM
This thread was successful in bringing Elvis out of his cave, which is no small feat :) But its content is over the line too far at this point....rules are rules.