: someone tried to break into my V!

814V
11-03-08, 11:03 PM
on halloween night some scummy person tried to get into my car. i have it on video from my home security system. i burned a copy of the video from my system but i cant get it to play. anyone any good at quicktime? i have it in my idisk if you are a mac user..

perfect
11-03-08, 11:50 PM
how were they trying to get in?

lucky they didn't smash and grab

Max-Q
11-04-08, 12:33 AM
Let me guess, they shoved a screwdriver under the driver's side door handle and tried to pop the lock mechanism out. They did that to my Escalade and another CTS the same night at a Cardinals game.

I had the body shop remove all exterior door locks and replace them with the rear door handles which have no locks. Now I have to have the key fob to unlock the doors.

814V
11-04-08, 12:40 AM
no actually the guy just walked up to it, checked to see if it was unlocked and looked in. then went to my little brothers gf's truck right next to my V and smashed her window out and stole some stuff. as soon as i can get this video rolling i will post it up. its pretty scary cause my security system shows him going in my back yard and creeping around after breaking the window..

Max-Q
11-04-08, 12:46 AM
Wow that's scary. We had a home invasion in my neighborhood last week. The neighbor saw him breaking into the house and chased him. They fought and the bad guy pepper maced the neighbor and then tased him with one of those cheap handheld tasers.

Two weeks before that there was another home invasion in the neighborhood and the home owner walked in on the guy. The bad guy beat the shit out of him and took off.

It seems crime is getting bad these days. Stay safe out there.

CadiBlk
11-04-08, 09:25 AM
Don't confront burglars, desperate people will do desperate things.

Jon
11-04-08, 09:47 AM
Wow that's scary. We had a home invasion in my neighborhood last week. The neighbor saw him breaking into the house and chased him. They fought and the bad guy pepper maced the neighbor and then tased him with one of those cheap handheld tasers.

Two weeks before that there was another home invasion in the neighborhood and the home owner walked in on the guy. The bad guy beat the shit out of him and took off.

It seems crime is getting bad these days. Stay safe out there.
Castle's Doctorine for the win. That, and the fact that there are so many V owners in TX makes me want to move there.

Twitch
11-04-08, 09:51 AM
Don't confront burglars, desperate people will do desperate things.

The f*d up thing is, even if you have a gun, it might be worse! What if they do something forcing you to take action? If you shoot him you'll end up in more trouble then them.
Make sure he doesn't get up, or you'll get sued.

814V
11-04-08, 10:20 AM
The f*d up thing is, even if you have a gun, it might be worse! What if they do something forcing you to take action? If you shoot him you'll end up in more trouble then them.

yea thats the scary part. luckily here in the wild wild west if someone is in your home and you shoot them in the front of there body you are legit. if they are running away and you get them thats where you have trouble.

CIWS
11-04-08, 10:23 AM
anyone any good at quicktime? i have it in my idisk if you are a mac user..

How big is the video file ? I can mess with QT.

Vee
11-04-08, 10:38 AM

Depends what state you live in...Here in FL, we have the "Castle Doctrine" which does not require you to avoid a confrontation on your property, and even extends to your car while driving around. If you feel threatened in some states you have to retreat if you can (even from your own home), but in FL you do not have to retreat from your own home. If you feel threatened and in fear of your life you can shoot. Now, you cannot run outside and shoot a guy breaking into your car, but you can draw a gun on him to hold him for the cops...If he runs you cannot shoot him, but if he reaches for something you think is a weapon you can shoot him. But just be cautious, it will probably go to court.

lollygagger8
11-04-08, 10:40 AM
yea thats the scary part. luckily here in the wild wild west if someone is in your home and you shoot them in the front of there body you are legit. if they are running away and you get them thats where you have trouble.

That's when you flip them over and put holes in them through the front. Colt 45 FTW!!

Twitch
11-04-08, 11:03 AM
Depends what state you live in...Here in FL, we have the "Castle Doctrine" which does not require you to avoid a confrontation on your property, and even extends to your car while driving around. If you feel threatened in some states you have to retreat if you can (even from your own home), but in FL you do not have to retreat from your own home. If you feel threatened and in fear of your life you can shoot. Now, you cannot run outside and shoot a guy breaking into your car, but you can draw a gun on him to hold him for the cops...If he runs you cannot shoot him, but if he reaches for something you think is a weapon you can shoot him. But just be cautious, it will probably go to court.
I heard that about Fl. It's really bad in NYC.

on halloween night some scummy person tried to get into my car. i have it on video from my home security system. i burned a copy of the video from my system but i cant get it to play. anyone any good at quicktime? i have it in my idisk if you are a mac user..

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j177/Gxxr1/0127_102736.jpg

CIWS
11-04-08, 11:23 AM

It's here in Texas as well. You're allowed to use deadly force to protect your property, which includes the vehicle.

STAGEUP
11-04-08, 11:31 AM
Holy Crap Man!!! Was this at your party???? Take the vid to the police department ASAP!!!! Screw that crap!

stuckey
11-04-08, 12:13 PM

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j177/Gxxr1/0127_102736.jpg

Nice security system!

CTS-Voodoo
11-04-08, 04:48 PM

just use Ivideo, move the file to the editor, drag and drop then save or share to whatever you need to.

814V
11-04-08, 10:16 PM
How big is the video file ? I can mess with QT.

im messing with it right now.. ill let you know

vid 1 is 191meg

vid 2 is 350meg

814V
11-04-08, 10:17 PM
Holy Crap Man!!! Was this at your party???? Take the vid to the police department ASAP!!!! Screw that crap!

no our party was a no go due to some family members that ended up sick lol. but it was at like 3:30 that night. wait till you see this vid man its scary. and the po po already have a copy :)

sleepys4
11-05-08, 01:17 AM
I just bought two new guns, Glock 23 and a Snub nose 38 special. I hope no one attempts to take my car or my life. It will be a bad day for someone.

814V
11-05-08, 02:01 AM
I just bought two new guns, Glock 23 and a Snub nose 38 special. I hope no one attempts to take my car or my life. It will be a bad day for someone.

yea i just got a glock 17.. they can have my car but try and take my life and its gonna be a bad day for someone

LostHwyV
11-05-08, 09:58 AM
They got me yesterday in my office parking lot. Screwdriver. They did not get in but the damage was done. They also hit a Lexus and Jag. So much for our office security.
And while we are making lists, I have a 9mm, .357 and 12 guage. :shhh:

lollygagger8
11-05-08, 10:09 AM
Colt .45 gets em everytime

GMBOUND
11-05-08, 12:03 PM
Baby Glock (30), Glock 19 & Beneli SuperSport Pump Loaded with 00 and I totally agree, you can take the car but mess with the family or myself and I'll give you the option to pick what size bullet you'd like to receive.

CTSV_Rob
11-05-08, 04:50 PM
:rofl:

Well at least you give them options. :thumbsup:

814V
11-05-08, 09:47 PM
im going to get the video decoded right now.. ill have it up on here before the night is over

shadybx7
05-15-09, 03:57 PM
yeah i know crazy bump.bored and searching.. did you ever get this video decoded.