: Buying a '95 Fleetwood

billc83
11-03-08, 07:35 PM
Hey guys. I'm new to there forums here (just posted in member intros a few minutes ago). Though I own a 1999 Deville Concours, I always loved the last generation Fleetwoods; I was actually looking for them when I bought my Deville, but they were expensive and unavailable then.

A little while back I found a '95 Fleetwood for sale. After talking to the owner, it seems worth the time to drive and check it out. The best part - he only wants $1,500 to cover the price of a truck he wants to buy.

Anyway, I'm totally stoked. If everything goes well, I should be heading out Thursday (it is quite a ways away!). Haven't run a Carfax yet, but will. Anything specific I should look for when I get over there?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-03-08, 08:04 PM
Good luck! I'm interested to hear how the Fleetwood compares to your Concours!

69hemi
11-03-08, 08:39 PM
Hey guys. I'm new to there forums here (just posted in member intros a few minutes ago). Though I own a 1999 Deville Concours, I always loved the last generation Fleetwoods; I was actually looking for them when I bought my Deville, but they were expensive and unavailable then.

A little while back I found a '95 Fleetwood for sale. After talking to the owner, it seems worth the time to drive and check it out. The best part - he only wants $1,500 to cover the price of a truck he wants to buy.

Anyway, I'm totally stoked. If everything goes well, I should be heading out Thursday (it is quite a ways away!). Haven't run a Carfax yet, but will. Anything specific I should look for when I get over there?

you will be hooked, there is no comparison to ANY OTHER CADDY,
welcome aboard

N0DIH
11-03-08, 09:18 PM
Yup, my 00 Park Ave Ultra 3800 Supercharged may be a nice car, and gets 31 mpg highway, but I sure like driving my 94 Fleetwood Brougham V4P better...

you will be hooked, there is no comparison to ANY OTHER CADDY,
welcome aboard

pompste
11-03-08, 09:55 PM

I`ve always wanted to own a '95/'96 Fleetwood myself--truly the last of the true "land yachts".
For sure run the carfax-----pull any codes if you can on this model.Seems underpriced at $1500,so check the basics---tires,paint condition,interior and look under the hood.
If you purchase it,post some pics---good luck!

jayoldschool
11-03-08, 10:00 PM
If the engine is COLD when you get there:

- feel under the water pump. Dry is good
- feel for all the bolt heads on the exhaust manifolds. Missing is bad

Neither is a deal breaker. Just use that as negotiation items...

96Fleetwood
11-03-08, 10:08 PM
Wow, that is a good price. If you look at it from a parts standpoint.. you can double your money by parting it out!

Best of luck!

ShadowLvr400
11-04-08, 08:17 AM
Oh, check all the power windows. GM used this little plastic slider that tends to give out over time. They're $10 or so, but labor is a pain. Usually about 2-3 hours when I do it myself. Also, depending on the mileage, ask of the opti-spark has been redone. They tend to give around 100k. The transmissions usually go in the 125-150 range. Neither is a deal breaker, (especially since I had a performance rebuild to go alongside the more aggressive cam) but both are on the pricey side. ($1700 on tranny for my performance one, bout $500 on opti.) Outside those specific weakpoints, the cars are solid, sturdy, reliable cruisers.

Cadillacboy
11-04-08, 01:07 PM
It seems a good deal for the price of the car and best of luck w/ that
:thumbsup:

billc83
11-04-08, 09:50 PM
Well, file this under "The One That Got Away."

I called up yesterday to let him know I would be driving over for the weekend, and he sold it! It was my understanding he was going to hold it for me; apparently he thought otherwise. Money today > Money tomorrow.

Needless to say, I'm bummed out.