: Just got engaged!

whisler151
11-02-08, 11:57 PM
This is not a V related thread so I apologize if I should not post here, however I thought I'd share with all my V brothers here.

I contemplated placing the ring in my exhaust tip and having her "check my tips to see if they are still aligned" but after being heavily warned against that I tried to go traditional. However, that would have worked because today I had my exhaust torn down replacing my clamps and realigning my tips. Anyway, I asked her and she said yes.

Just wanted to share my joy with many of you.

Bring on marriage number two!

gfourth
11-03-08, 12:05 AM
Congratulations!!

CTSV_Rob
11-03-08, 12:05 AM
Congratulations!

So you didn't learn from the first one :hide:

Den_93
11-03-08, 12:06 AM
Congrats!

Bueller
11-03-08, 01:32 AM
Bring on marriage number two!

That's cool she doesn't care you're already married.

Bring on the Harum.

Just kidding. Congrats! It's good when you find the right one. Sounds like you know that already.

rand49er
11-03-08, 03:34 AM
The second one is a whole lot better, let me tell ya!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!

Twitch
11-03-08, 06:09 AM
I love my car, but good move on NOT doing the tips thing :thehand:
She woulda told her friends something different anyway :canttalk:
Congrats man :thumbsup:

Tony

ewill3rd
11-03-08, 06:21 AM
So what DID you do?

Congratulations, hope this one works out better than the first. :D

tdyguy2k
11-03-08, 07:46 AM
Most second marriages do work out better than the first...unless you're my ex-wife...

Congrats!

CTSV_510
11-03-08, 07:48 AM
Congrats Whisler!

...can you keep a registry with Luke for wedding gifts? Who needs silverware, you need a UUC flywheel! :lol:

racebyu
11-03-08, 07:49 AM
Congrats :thumbsup:

RightTurn
11-03-08, 08:07 AM
Congrats Whisler!

...can you keep a registry with Luke for wedding gifts? Who needs silverware, you need a UUC flywheel! :lol:

^^ +1, lol.

Congrats and best wishes, Whistler. :highfive:

whisler151
11-03-08, 08:13 AM
Most second marriages do work out better than the first...unless you're my ex-wife...

Congrats!

I'm sure you understand how I got into my first marriage. The day I got back from my second tour in the sand box my girlfriend and I went to the court house. With all the extra pay they gave you it seemed like a no brainer. Bad idea. It only lasted a year, I was all of 22 and she was only 20. We all make mistakes. The important thing is to learn all you can from them and move on.

Do you think we can really register at Lindsey Cadillac? My fiancees name is Lindsey...its a perfect match!

CIWS
11-03-08, 08:19 AM
Much congratulations Mr Whisler. :D

rand49er
11-03-08, 08:37 AM
Most second marriages do work out better than the first...unless you're my ex-wife...My ex is on her fourth husband ... she's miserable.

Ain't life great?!!

Bueller
11-03-08, 08:48 AM
Register at Lindsay.

Now that was funny!

If you could pull that one off then she's a keeper for sure.

LUVMY04V
11-03-08, 08:50 AM
So what made decide that you want to end Your social Life?

Haha JK Congrats man :thumbsup:

Vee
11-03-08, 09:36 AM
Congratulations...I too just got engaged just about 2 weeks ago. I captured it on video camera too. I did it on a hike while on vacation in Sedona, AZ on a rock formation called the "Devil's Bridge".

your maker
11-03-08, 09:41 AM
Congratulations!
you know this mean no more mods for you lol!!

stuckey
11-03-08, 09:42 AM
Congrats!!!!

onebadcad
11-03-08, 11:38 AM
Congrats, make sure she signs a pre-nup regarding the following:

1) V was acquired before union, thus yours if torn asunder
2) V gets the garage, and if a 2-car, V accessories and extra rims and toolbox occupies the second bay
3) You are still allowed one episode of grace involving a stripper and a 150+mph ticket
4) You will only watch 'House Hunters' once a month with the wifey---this one is for me:)

JFWY, good luck, marriage aint that bad as long as the V remains your girlfriend!!!

RightTurn
11-03-08, 12:06 PM
Congratulations!
you know this mean no more mods for you lol!!

Nah, he'll need that "baby seat mod" next year. :D

nmaier2201
11-03-08, 12:13 PM
congrads. Finish your modding quick before you start a wedding budget... it's over once that starts.

ahahnu
11-03-08, 12:22 PM
3) You are still allowed one episode of grace involving a stripper and a 150+mph ticket

This isn't the girl is it? You know she's a keeper when she enjoys traveling intersate at 100+ mph sustained.

Wicked_V
11-03-08, 12:31 PM
Wow Man, congrats. :)

CtsVrod
11-03-08, 12:35 PM
Congrats!! I just got Engaged last weekend!!! This will be my First.... But she likes modding the V so were all good there!

JD03Cobra
11-03-08, 01:06 PM
Congratulations...No way i'm doing a second tour of duty.

heavymetals
11-03-08, 01:46 PM
Congrats!

Having given someone a house and half of everything I owned + alimony, I am done with marriage. :thehand:

I'll live with um, but I ain't getting hitched again (at least for now!).

You got guts :yup:

whisler151
11-03-08, 03:16 PM
Congrats!! I just got Engaged last weekend!!!

Congratulations...I too just got engaged just about 2 weeks ago.

Congrats to you both! Join the club!

CTS2NV
11-03-08, 03:42 PM
congratulation man.

lollygagger8
11-03-08, 04:21 PM
Congrats man!!

MAKE SURE to tell the Bridemaids to leave the V alone when you guys leave the reception!! My buddy just got married and they put glitter and sorts of shit inside and all over his upholstery, taped balloons to the paint. Sorry, if that was me, a couple chicks would have black eyes. :lildevil:

j/k on the black eyes.....maybe red faces from a backhand pimp slap though :lol:

tdyguy2k
11-03-08, 06:06 PM
My ex is on her fourth husband ... she's miserable.

Ain't life great?!!

My ex is on #5 actually...and according to my daughter, they have already been to counseling. :canttalk:

As for me, my second wife and I will hit the 20 year mark in May. As Whistler stated, you just learn all you can from them and move on. Funny thing though...my first marriage started in a courthouse as well, but lasted 5 years and 2 kids...live and learn.

Kmajecki
11-03-08, 06:15 PM
Boooo!! jk Congrats man! I'm happy for y'all! Oh and glad you got that exhaust fixed too! Double win! haha (i think i finally spelled Y'all correctly for once!)

dannboss
11-03-08, 06:22 PM
Congratulations again. Now you will have a chance to use a part of the V you probably hadn't made use of before, the child restraint system in the back seat! There has to be some kind of mod for that I'm sure you'll find.

Tell Lindsey I said congrats too, and we'll see you guys soon.

Junior1
11-03-08, 06:46 PM
Congrats man, now lets see her...:)
:postpics:

mgscustomtune
11-03-08, 08:27 PM
Congratulations! I think lol

CTSV_Rob
11-03-08, 10:34 PM
My ex is on her fourth husband ... she's miserable.

But at least you're not anymore!

CTSV_Rob
11-03-08, 10:35 PM
Congrats man!!

MAKE SURE to tell the Bridemaids to leave the V alone when you guys leave the reception!! My buddy just got married and they put glitter and sorts of shit inside and all over his upholstery, taped balloons to the paint. Sorry, if that was me, a couple chicks would have black eyes. :lildevil:

j/k on the black eyes.....maybe red faces from a backhand pimp slap though :lol:
Good god. I would need to hurt someone.

CTSV_Rob
11-03-08, 10:36 PM
Don't do it.

CTSV_Rob
11-03-08, 10:37 PM
My ex is on #5 actually...and according to my daughter, they have already been to counseling. :canttalk:

As for me, my second wife and I will hit the 20 year mark in May. As Whistler stated, you just learn all you can from them and move on. Funny thing though...my first marriage started in a courthouse as well, but lasted 5 years and 2 kids...live and learn.
Looks like Whisler is a faster learner. :hide:

hXc95SLS
11-04-08, 01:03 AM
Congrats man! Hey my girl loves my V so I cant complian. She backs me on my mods and every now and then I let her drive the V(only cause Ive been drinkin) :)

Mystical_Ice
11-04-08, 10:19 AM

Lindsey is very pretty. I met her at the V day that the Dallas guys drove down for last year. I would post a picture, but not without whisler's permission.

Hey congratulations man, that's awesome. I was wondering how long it was going to be before you asked her to marry you :) I'm thrilled for the two of you. Tell her I said hi, and again apologize on my behalf for not recognizing her the last time i saw ya'll

whisler151
11-04-08, 11:32 AM
I would post a picture, but not without whisler's permission.

Thanks...I think I'll pass on posting pics. If anyone really wants to see her they can check out my myspace page. There are several pics of here there. http://www.myspace.com/brwhisler