: Ambient Lighting

robthide
11-02-08, 08:45 PM
This may be a dumb question but is the v gonna have ambient lighting i ordered one at sarrant in NY a month ago and asked for every option they were very difficult and still have not been able to give me a build sheet or tell me if i have alcantra inserts on steering and shifter i know i have chrome wheels sunroof recaro navi and manual but that it i really getting frustrated i also feel they waited a week to put in order and now they telling me dec for my car but anyway sorry to ramble just trying to find out if it has ambient lighting since my dealer is no help to me

Eldo1953
11-02-08, 10:13 PM
The V will have ambient lighting standard.

readyact
11-03-08, 08:14 AM
This may be a dumb question but is the v gonna have ambient lighting i ordered one at sarrant in NY a month ago and asked for every option they were very difficult and still have not been able to give me a build sheet or tell me if i have alcantra inserts on steering and shifter i know i have chrome wheels sunroof recaro navi and manual but that it i really getting frustrated i also feel they waited a week to put in order and now they telling me dec for my car but anyway sorry to ramble just trying to find out if it has ambient lighting since my dealer is no help to me

Not such a dumb question as I was wondering if the ambient lighting was going to be on the V as well as it is not mentioned anywhere. Glad to hear that it will be standard.

tedcmiller
11-03-08, 10:17 AM
What is "ambient lighting?"

Cadillac Tony
11-03-08, 10:37 AM
It's a little strip of white LEDs underneath the dash and door trim, footwells and door pulls that glows faintly at night. It's one of the cooler "neat-o!" features of the CTS to show your friends, and makes a nice atmosphere at night.

robthide
11-03-08, 01:47 PM
thanks and i saw it on a di cts and it looked amazing real has a soft glow that just looks very high end.

robthide
11-03-08, 02:32 PM
Well i placed my order 10/06 and now i was just told that it is on hold because of the wheels that the recaro is no longer an issue but that it won't go into production but they said i could change my order i am just scared if i change the wheels to get it i will have to start over on the waiting list.

concorso
11-03-08, 03:20 PM
It's a little strip of white LEDs underneath the dash and door trim, footwells and door pulls that glows faintly at night. It's one of the cooler "neat-o!" features of the CTS to show your friends, and makes a nice atmosphere at night.
Is it a string of led lights, or is it like the bmw halos or cts lights pipes...a tube with led's at either end causing the tube to light up. Just curious...

Cadillac Tony
11-03-08, 05:45 PM
I honestly have no idea, since the light source is concealed under the trim panel and therefore not visible. Judging by the uniformity of the light I would assume it's a pipe with LEDs at either end (like the CTS's headlight piping or BMW halos), but that's just a guess.