: 1990 350 oil cooler question

gdorell
11-02-08, 04:58 PM
i noticed the motor i have has oil lines thats looks like went to a cooler. did these cars have a seperate oil cooler from the factory?

jayoldschool
11-02-08, 07:03 PM
If it is the same as the B cars with the oil cooler option, then there will be two lines going into each radiator tank. One side is engine oil, one side is transmission fluid.

gdorell
11-03-08, 09:03 AM
thats what i figured the case was. didnt know they used that radiator for engine oil as well.

N0DIH
11-03-08, 10:56 AM
Cadillac often made the radiator oil cooler an std. You CAN break out the oil lines to an external cooler if you want, it is a very good system, keeps the oil at perfect temp as long as cooling system is working properly and stock thermostat is used. HD, Towing, Racing I would recommend the SEO 9C1 oil to air cooler. But the lines can be tougher to fit if you want factory fit as the oil cooler in the radiator is a little larger than the std non oil cooler radiator.

gdorell
11-03-08, 11:17 AM
hmmm...something to think about.

i wont need anything extra, this will never be beaten or driving too much

N0DIH
11-03-08, 06:17 PM
Stock one is very good, just watch for leaks over time, but nothing NEEDS to be upgraded.

It allowed a thinner oil to live longer in the cars like 5W30 vs the more robust 10W30 and keep the longer oil life with the ever decreasing ZDDP in the oils.