: Early adopters: how well were you taken care of?

HPCC
11-02-08, 12:48 PM
First of all, I'd like to say I'm committed to buying the '09 CTS-V I have on order. I also expect that--as with any initial release--there will be teething problems, but I'm in it for the long haul. Unless there's a lemon recall, I'm planning on sticking it out and relying on GM's QC loop to make things right in the long run.

With that said, I'd like to hear from 1st gen CTS-V early adopters. I count more than 190 TSBs for the 2004 model year. Granted, some of them are only service procedure revisions and recommendations and some are probably on failure/customer complaint only.

My question to the 1st gen early adopters is: what were your overall service experiences like? Were you treated any differently as an early adopter? Did the factory ever follow-up with you directly on certain issues? Did you have to force the issue sometimes?

I know in the end it will vary from dealer-to-dealer (and car-to-car), but I just wanted to get a feel for what it might be like to be a part of the "'V2 early adopters club." Thanks--

thebigjimsho
11-02-08, 02:23 PM
Honestly, it was pretty painless. There were a few things like a mis-calibrated oil temp sensor or a leaking radiator or defective sunroof switch. But everything was taken care of by my dealer and had no problems with rentals or the overall experience. I was also taken care of by another dealer when I had the oil temp sensor fixed on the west coast.

Overall problems were few and my '04 runs very well. And I'm glad I was an early owner.

rand49er
11-02-08, 02:49 PM
Two diffs that were only just barely whining were changed out without any fuss whatsoever, even with mods.

Clutch return spring, pinion seal ... no problem.

If they're not gray already, dab some gray color on your temples ... it may help. :D

HPCC
11-02-08, 04:15 PM
:D Still more pepper than salt, but it's there! :D

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback!

lunarx
11-02-08, 11:11 PM
I know of lots of people with modded V's who received warranty work.
Clearly they had no right to expect it.
Therefore, GM has been pretty fair to people.
My only concern is the poor workmanship by the dealer mechanics.
It varies by dealer but that's where they need improvement (ewill excluded, of course).