: A P059 code?

dloch
06-21-04, 03:47 PM
A friend has 95 STS that just kicked a P059, Transmission Input Speed Sensor.

Someone have a clue?

Thanks
Dennis

Ranger
06-21-04, 09:44 PM
"Check to make sure none of the spark plug wires are resting on the engine harness. They can cause a false signal/code."
Quote from Logan from another site.

BeelzeBob
06-22-04, 12:31 AM
Not sure of your source for code info....but....in my material and memory a P059 is the code for the transmission/transaxle temperature sensor signal circuit being open....

Unfortunately, if it is the temperature sensor itself it is located under the side cover of the trans which generally necessiates removing the trans from the car to service.

Not postive of the wiring colors but you can check the trans temp sensor circuit at the 20 pin connector to the trans. My quick reference shows it to be the yel/blk wire -terminal M (high) and the blk wire - terminal L (low). The sensor is a thermister that has high resistence when the trans fluid is cold and the resistence decreases when the trans gets hot.

You can check the trans connector for bent pins, corrosion, trans fluid, etc. and clean and repair as required. Check across pins M and L of the trans for continuity and resistence with a VOM.

dloch
06-22-04, 01:22 PM
Bbob thanks for the info.. now I have to give him the bad news.