: UUC Motor Mounts installed...

rb1
11-01-08, 03:16 PM
Well I finally got my UUC motor mounts installed. almost 80,000 mile on the origionals. Needless to say, they were both totally separated.

Now there is almost no run on or dieseling on shut off and second gear starts have no vibration. The car does feel a little more solid. But I still have the clunk and the strange vibration under light load at highway speeds.

Now for the tranny mount and dreaded diff support bushing. Should I wait for UUC's version?

rand49er
11-01-08, 03:22 PM
When you say you still have "the clunk," are you saying at high speed or in parking lot situations?

Twitch
11-01-08, 03:26 PM
If you gonna do it your self, or pay for it, I'd wait for the UUC. I wouldn't wanna do it twice.
Dealer did my diff and motormounts. Car feels great.

rb1
11-01-08, 09:31 PM
When you say you still have "the clunk," are you saying at high speed or in parking lot situations?

I still have the clunk when I'm stopped and I just let the clutch out a bit in 1st gear. I have the clunk when I shift into 2nd and all the way into 5th. I can get the clunk when I let off in 5th and get back on the gas sometimes. But other than that, I'm clunk free :rolleyes:

gfourth
11-02-08, 01:54 AM
I still have the clunk when I'm stopped and I just let the clutch out a bit in 1st gear. I have the clunk when I shift into 2nd and all the way into 5th. I can get the clunk when I let off in 5th and get back on the gas sometimes. But other than that, I'm clunk free :rolleyes:

Your diff bushing is wasted no doubt.

It will feel like a new car once you do that bushing. Mine was already bad when I bought my V, but gradually got more clunky. Needless to say, I was AMAZED at how it felt when I had it replaced.

rb1
11-02-08, 09:48 AM
How long does it last before it starts to fall apart and allow metal contact?

YoshiV
11-02-08, 09:56 AM
I'm jealous of your motor mounts...that's on my spring mod list. I'd like to do the diff pinion support bushing also...I helped another member on here make one out of solid poly and am waiting to see how it works out...so come on Norm...get that baby in there!!

rb1
11-02-08, 10:08 AM
Really? I have the stock one here and I wanted to change the rubber out for a urathane insert. I just didn't know why the origional rubber wasn't round with air space in there for more flex i guess. And also the aluminum center bushing has a hole with key ways on both sides. Is this nessessary, or can I just replace it with a round inner bushing. Does it keep it from rotating for any reason?

rb1
11-02-08, 12:30 PM
BUMP.. Can the inside hole be round without the keyways?

NormV
11-02-08, 03:53 PM
The key way must be used when the rubber is molded as there is just a plain bolt and nut hold it.

Within the month a poly one will be installed. :)

Norm

Really? I have the stock one here and I wanted to change the rubber out for a urathane insert. I just didn't know why the origional rubber wasn't round with air space in there for more flex i guess. And also the aluminum center bushing has a hole with key ways on both sides. Is this nessessary, or can I just replace it with a round inner bushing. Does it keep it from rotating for any reason?

rb1
11-02-08, 10:58 PM
I'm sorry but I don't understand that answer. Is it just a plain bolt and nut holding the bushing in place? If so, there is no keways needed, right?

ewill3rd
11-03-08, 08:01 AM
I have no idea why those notches are there.
I see no reason for them, perhaps they are just part of the machining process for the shape of the metal insert?

lollygagger8
11-03-08, 09:56 AM
Well I finally got my UUC motor mounts installed. almost 80,000 mile on the origionals. Needless to say, they were both totally separated.

Now there is almost no run on or dieseling on shut off and second gear starts have no vibration. The car does feel a little more solid. But I still have the clunk and the strange vibration under light load at highway speeds.

Now for the tranny mount and dreaded diff support bushing. Should I wait for UUC's version?

Congrats on the UUC MM's! Where does your vibration happen? Like at certain speeds, or all the time?

I agree with Twitch, I would only want to do the diff bushing ONCE, and be done with it. Major PITA taking the diff in and out multiple times, especially just to replace the bushing.

Bill or Luke:
Do you guys know when UUC is going to be done with that Diff Bushing?!!??! They make GREAT products, but damn are they sloooooooooooooow!!

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
11-03-08, 11:29 AM
on the diff bushing, I would say realisticly by the end of the year (at the latest) I will have inventory

rb1
11-03-08, 12:25 PM
[QUOTE=lollygagger8;1675101]Congrats on the UUC MM's! Where does your vibration happen? Like at certain speeds, or all the time?

It is worst at about 50 mph then starts again at about 70.

lollygagger8
11-03-08, 02:23 PM
Didn't happen before the UUC MM's? I have a slight vibe at 60-65, then goes away. Got my tires balanced/rotated and still there. I doubt the trans mount would help that part.

rb1
11-03-08, 04:43 PM
No, it was there before. I hoped it would help but it's still there.

lollygagger8
11-03-08, 04:50 PM
Have you rotated/balanced your rims/tires?

rb1
11-03-08, 10:29 PM
I didn't balance them but I did rotate them and it's still the same. I can't help but think it's the driveshaft out of balance.

That reminds me... What does it mean when your steering wheel wobles (side to side- not up and down)? Is it tire/wheel runout or is it something else? Mine did this so I rotated the tires but it still happens. (sometimes more than others)

rb1
11-03-08, 10:39 PM
As for the diff bushing, I guess pretty soft urathane would be the best right?

heavymetals
11-04-08, 02:04 AM
I didn't balance them but I did rotate them and it's still the same. I can't help but think it's the driveshaft out of balance.

That reminds me... What does it mean when your steering wheel wobles (side to side- not up and down)? Is it tire/wheel runout or is it something else? Mine did this so I rotated the tires but it still happens. (sometimes more than others)

I get that when the car has sat for awhile or the tires are cold.

After the tires "warm up", the flat spots go away.

(GSD3's)

rb1
11-05-08, 11:30 PM
Oh. Thanks Heavy.