Cadillac Owners Forum banner

4.9L? How can I tell?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  97EldoCoupe 
#1 ·
I just got a '99 deville v8 and I was wondering if it has the 4.9L N* engine. I don't see it written anywhere that I have noticed so far. Is there a way I can find out how many L the engine is, or were all v8 N* engines 4.9?

Thanks

#3 ·
I just got a '99 deville v8 and I was wondering if it has the 4.9L N* engine. I don't see it written anywhere that I have noticed so far. Is there a way I can find out how many L the engine is, or were all v8 N* engines 4.9?

Thanks[/quotYour car has the 4.6*, theres no such thing as a 4.9*
The 4.9 engine has a large 4.9 emblem on the air cleaner.

Forgot to say yours is a 4.6*

#6 ·
All the N* made are 4.6. They're all pretty much the same throughout the years with the exception of the very recent 4.0

And yes guys I know about the redesigns and internal changes.

Sorry, my mistake... actually meant to type 4.6, not sure why I was thinking of the 4.9. Anyway, nice to know they are all 4.6 for this year of DeVille, thanks.

#7 ·
Your Deville has the 275 hp Northstar DOHC 32 valve V8, 279 cubic inches, with 300 ft. lbs. of torque. Unless it's the Concours model, then it'll have the VIN 9 300 hp/295 ft. lbs. of torque.

Awesom car isn't it? a full size sedan that has that much power....

Saw one the other day on the 401 freeway here in Ontario Canada, looked like it was a police car. '96 DeVille. Lights behind the grille, 3 antennas on the trunk lid and a bunch of electronics on the dash. I'm thinking it might have been an off duty cop. It was something different, I'll tell you that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.