: billet door locks or radio knobs?

mikes2nd
10-31-08, 08:07 PM
I'm considering having this done.

Just the 2 big knobs, but I was thinking knurling the outside and maybe a step down on the knobs. Price would be around 60$ for the 2 big knobs with a rounded edge, 1/4 inch rounded center indented.

Also looking at door locks. 85$ a set, 100$ for polished?

PM me if your interested. This is just a feeler thread to see if there is interest.

nxlr8
10-31-08, 09:22 PM
I'd be interested in the radio knobs if they match the finish of lasstss door locks and console caps... can't have two different styles going on!

MSOsr
10-31-08, 09:54 PM
I'd be interested in the radio knobs if they match the finish of lasstss door locks and console caps... can't have two different styles going on!

Ditto.

Mike

mikes2nd
10-31-08, 10:03 PM
these would have a machined aluminum finish unless you wanted them polished.

I could mirror polish for a little extra but I will dip in clear coat also. It may have to be a flat clear coat to keep the machined look.

I guess non of you would like slightly longer knobs with knurling? I was just thinking about improving the design.

I guess just post if your interested in knobs, door locks or both.

CTSV_Rob
11-01-08, 01:51 PM
The finish they are looking for is closer to an anodized finish (I think it's called Ano Brite??). You can have a shop do this for you or I suppose they could as well.

I was looking into making a set of these as well but I think the Knurling might be a little too much. I was also thinking of engraving a V logo in the top but that might be too much too, may just keep it simple but have it match the existing Lasstss parts I have in the car.