: Get on a road course for $50

Twitch
10-31-08, 03:55 PM
Just got this email from PDA. I thought the $50 single session was interesting.
Hey Jersey guys, this could be your meet.

"The last event for the 2008 season is filling up- don\'t miss out! We will be at NJMP-ThunderBolt next weekend Nov 7-8-9. We will be offering HYPERDRIVES on Sat/Sun which are one classroom session and one track session for $50. A great way to introduce a friend or co-worker to the track. Hope to see you and if not- see you in the spring!"

CTSV_510
10-31-08, 05:43 PM
Damn, that's too short notice for me, I'm going to be away next weekend. That track is only a bit over an hour from me. Do they run them frequently in the spring?

PISNUOFF
10-31-08, 09:13 PM
I got the same e-mail tonight.

c4ss
11-01-08, 03:39 PM
hey twitch....could I have a link to more information about this?

Twitch
11-01-08, 10:58 PM
Go to event schedule.

http://www.pdadrivingschool.com/index.php

SoJersey05V
11-02-08, 09:09 AM
wow how did you find this shit out... i live 5 mins from the there and am there almost every day! damnit pisses me off to find out you figured out how to run there. ive asked Porshe clubs if i can join... WTF!!!! I'M IN BROTHER!!! send me the info at Brandon@adamspolishesDOTcom because i am there!!!!!!!!!1 F' YEA!

Slithering_Joe
11-02-08, 09:17 AM
I'm looking into this too!

Twitch
11-02-08, 04:59 PM
What can I say I have connections. J/K
Just go to the website and register. I don't have any other info on it.
Have fun!!!

hXc95SLS
11-02-08, 08:29 PM
Hey man Im deff down Ive been wanting to hit a road course ssince the day I got my V. Raceway Park is expensive this is such a sweet deal.

atdeneve
11-06-08, 06:58 AM
It's only for one run, guys. Twenty minutes. One twenty minute run is not really much of anything. It'll basically amount to a parade run. You'll barely get to learn the track. You can only really start pushing it after you've become somewhat acquainted with the track. Ain't gonna happen in twenty minutes. I sure as hell wouldn't be making a trip to the track for one twenty minute run. Now, if you live only twenty minutes away, have run the course previously, and are up for just a quick tease, then great. Otherwise, just make a day of it - Thunderbolt is a fun track and it suits the V very well.

Twitch
11-06-08, 07:58 AM
It's only for one run, guys. Twenty minutes. One twenty minute run is not really much of anything. It'll basically amount to a parade run. You'll barely get to learn the track. You can only really start pushing it after you've become somewhat acquainted with the track. Ain't gonna happen in twenty minutes. I sure as hell wouldn't be making a trip to the track for one twenty minute run. Now, if you live only twenty minutes away, have run the course previously, and are up for just a quick tease, then great. Otherwise, just make a day of it - Thunderbolt is a fun track and it suits the V very well.
It's still a good idea. If someone lives near by, and wants to get their feet wet. You get the classroom and a bit of time on the track. Not a lot of time, but not a lot of money. A full track day is a bit of a commitment. Not to mention how much a V-Day costs most of us. This is a cheap way to see if its something you really want to do.
I think a noob will still come away with something. And not just a hardon :rolleyes:
Whoever's going, have fun. The classroon session is really good with PDA.

Tony

Nutz
11-06-08, 11:24 AM
That track looks like a blast! I think V-Day III MUST be there. Looks safe too with all the nice pavement and slide-off room.

atdeneve
11-06-08, 04:06 PM
It's still a good idea. If someone lives near by, and wants to get their feet wet. You get the classroom and a bit of time on the track. Not a lot of time, but not a lot of money. A full track day is a bit of a commitment. Not to mention how much a V-Day costs most of us. This is a cheap way to see if its something you really want to do.
I think a noob will still come away with something. And not just a hardon :rolleyes:
Whoever's going, have fun. The classroon session is really good with PDA.
Tony

Yeah, that's why I was saying, if you were already close by, it wouldn't be a bad idea. If you're a couple hours away, then driving all that way the track for twenty minutes is already as much of a commitment as a full track day (or two).

That track looks like a blast! I think V-Day III MUST be there. Looks safe too with all the nice pavement and slide-off room.

The track has a lot of grip. It's probably one of the few tracks where you can run with full traction/stability and not see it come on at all - and y'all know how trigger happy the screen is to light up the traction/stability display. The only place you'll trigger traction is the straight between turns three and four, as you crest the hill and the rear wheels get light. Great grip. Probably because it's so new. :thumbsup:

hXc95SLS
11-08-08, 01:57 AM

Speaking of V day III....anyword about it??