: New guy here. Joined just for the '09 CTS-V

Uncle Meat
10-30-08, 09:07 AM
My name is John, but I'm known on most all the other automotive forums as Uncle Meat.

I recently sold my mint '03 Cobra and have been in the market for a ZO6 for a few weeks now. The current deals being offered by the biggest 'Vette dealers are almost too good to pass up and they seem to be getting even better with the additional GM incentives being offered. Each time I was ready to pull the trigger and buy, the dealers lowered the prices more, or GM would offer 0.0% financing... the market is definately on the buyers side as of late! :thumbsup:

So the other day the better half states that although she just loves the ZO6, she wants something that's more suited for long distance hauls and she wants whatever we get to have AUTOMATIC TRANS! So.... that's why I'm here.

Look forward to reading any and all info CTS-V related posted here. Although I'm a motivated buyer I have plenty of time on my side to sit back and wait to see what the market for this car has in store. Personally I'm hoping these cars will end up sitting on the lot unsold and will get deeply discounted like the current crop of '09 ZO6's. Nothing would make me happier than to snag one of these cars for less than MSRP!

This new caddy appears to be a winner for sure and if I play my cards right I'm hoping to have one in driveway before too long.

U.M.

CIWS
10-30-08, 09:21 AM
:welcome: to the Cadillac forum, and possibly a :v: May have to wait a bit before they come off MSRP though.

RightTurn
10-30-08, 09:33 AM
Hiya and :welcome: Prattville, huh? Do you know anyone named Marv, Airforce retired? (We have another poster who lives there, :D)

Uncle Meat
10-30-08, 12:24 PM
:welcome: to the Cadillac forum, and possibly a :v: May have to wait a bit before they come off MSRP though.I'm well aware I'll probably have to wait a while before supply outweighs demand and incentives come in to play. I'm happy to wait until all the "gotta be the 1st one on the block" folks have gotten theirs.

Hiya and :welcome: Prattville, huh? Do you know anyone named Marv, Airforce retired? (We have another poster who lives there, :D)Marv doesn't ring a bell...what's he drive? I'm retired Air Force myself. Do you know if "Marv" still works on either of the local military installations? (Gunter or Maxwell).

U.M.

Lord Cadillac
10-30-08, 12:33 PM
Welcome aboard, Uncle Meat. Thank you for signing up! I think the CTS-V is going to be more rare to see than the Z06.. I see Z06s all over the place - but rarely ever a CTS-V (ANY model year).

chris1268
10-30-08, 12:34 PM
Welcome to the addiction

RightTurn
10-30-08, 04:12 PM
Marv doesn't ring a bell...what's he drive? I'm retired Air Force myself. Do you know if "Marv" still works on either of the local military installations? (Gunter or Maxwell).

U.M.

I don't believe Marv works on the military installations any longer. He hasn't posted for a few months, but his screen name is "WAIT4ME6920". I believe he has a 1st gen CTS.

Anyhow, welcome to the forum.

Sarah

gotapex
10-30-08, 04:51 PM
Welcome. Love the handle, LOL.

Uncle Meat
10-30-08, 04:57 PM
Welcome. Love the handle, LOL.If I could only post my normal avatar it would make more sense to some... :lildevil:

U.M.

Jpjr
10-31-08, 11:01 PM
If I could only post my normal avatar it would make more sense to some... :lildevil:

U.M.

UM - crazy to see you here. I own a 10th anniver Cobra and used to post on the stangnet forum. I believe we had a few fun arguments over the mac straight shot circa 2004...

I still own the Cobra, but also bought an 06 CTS-V a few years ago, which is gone soon. I recently bought a slightly used STS-V (best deal on the market, period), and will buy the new CTS-V sooner or later.

Welcome aboard.

Jpjr
10-31-08, 11:02 PM
PS: isn't your old avatar a weird al yankovich pic or something similar?

Uncle Meat
11-03-08, 08:40 AM
UM - crazy to see you here. I own a 10th anniver Cobra and used to post on the stangnet forum. I believe we had a few fun arguments over the mac straight shot circa 2004...

I still own the Cobra, but also bought an 06 CTS-V a few years ago, which is gone soon. I recently bought a slightly used STS-V (best deal on the market, period), and will buy the new CTS-V sooner or later.

Welcome aboard.Thanks for the greeting and LOL! Small world huh? Yes I remember the disussion over the MAC products. I'm still not a fan of their stuff either... :D

PS: isn't your old avatar a weird al yankovich pic or something similar?It's actually a picture of Frank Zappa...

U.M.

CIWS
11-03-08, 09:31 AM
Shameless plug here U.M. Supporting forum members get to use custom avatars. :D

Uncle Meat
11-03-08, 10:43 AM
Shameless plug here U.M. Supporting forum members get to use custom avatars. :DHmmmm..... :D

U.M.