: Motor Trend

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
10-30-08, 12:44 AM
Was walking through my store today and went down the magazine aisle and saw this. It is the latest issue of Motor Trend and is the first magazine I have bought in over a year (I have a few subscriptions, but this isn't one of them). Haven't read the article yet but it looks as though it will be good.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/Saber2580/MotorTrendCovor.jpg

hueterm
10-30-08, 01:40 AM
OMG that CTC is REALLY ugly from that angle. LOTS of junk in the trunk....

The SRX actually looks pretty good -- kind of like a Caddy MDX (which it should have been all along).

Sandy
10-30-08, 09:00 AM
Makes the 1980 hunch-back Seville look GOOD ! One ugly little coupe totally designed with a right & a left angle ruler ! \ \ / / I \//\II \ \|||////

The front is nice. It looks to be the size of a Ford Focus. No larger.

All I need to sell my Town Car and return to Caddy is exactly what they will NOT make ! A nice, current design, DTS Coupe with a slightly sloping "C" pillar like this \ (driver's side). Lower the roof line 1 inch and a gentle flowing C pillar to the trunk area. All else is perfect. Bench front seat or buckets with console no charge option and room in the back for 3 -- 5 foot 7 inch adults.
So easy to do - so easy to make.....But NO, they will not do it.:annoyed:
Just another and another and another SUV. From 1955 to 1993 THE best selling Caddy was ALWAYS a Coupe deVille. even made a major motion picture called Coupe de Ville ! No other car ever had a major motion picture named after it.
Today's Caddy head honchos don't even want to acknowledge it !!

What's next?? An XLR SUV ??

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
10-30-08, 12:47 PM
I really like the CTS wagon, but the CTC and the new SRX do not look to good to me. The Coupe is downright UGLY and the new SRX is to roundy. I liked the sharp lines of the older one.

c5 rv
10-30-08, 12:48 PM
Fantasyland. GM doesn't have the money to do half of that, and they shouldn't. I read somewhere last week that Cadillac is 5% of GM sales. (Hopefully a higher percentage of vehicle margin.) GM will live or die on the performance of Chevrolet. GM could invest big bucks in Cadillac or just let the current models age with very little difference on overall contribution over the next five years - just investment.

gary88
10-30-08, 02:00 PM
The CTS wagon will greatly help Cadillac in Europe, even more if there's a V.

CIWS
10-30-08, 02:47 PM
Well we now know the coupe is "delayed", but the wagon is still a go at this point.

Sandy
10-30-08, 03:06 PM
c5RV, 'ya, your point is well taken. Truth hurts, but that is the truth!

That said, The DTS could be turned into a coupe, for nominal money. I have actually seen one done by an aftermarket custom shop! Welded shut doors, recut the doors to make them longer to access the back seat and moved back the center (or "B" post) keeping the door post as was on the sedan, by re-using them. Used the seat frame of the MonteCarlo Chevy Coupe so that seat would fold to get in the back. Extended the roof, but was forced to use the sedan's "C" pillar (I don't like it - it looked clumsy on the coupe.) Needs a bit more angle to look sporty. If they could make it, it's kiddie play for GM.
PLUS...IT WOULD SELL !!

96Fleetwood
10-30-08, 03:57 PM
I would buy the wagon if it was offered with a manual tranny option :highfive:

The CTS Coupe looked very good in person at the Chicago auto show. I will try to dig up my pics and post them.

Night Wolf
10-30-08, 04:09 PM
I still prefer this Coupes styling...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachments/cadillac-deville-1985-2005-including-1985/16859d1137565623-so-coupe-before-pdr_1009.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-30-08, 04:21 PM
I like these best.

http://www.dyna.co.za/cars/Caddillac_81_Coupe_de_Ville_LHD_Gold_sf1.jpg

Sandy
10-30-08, 04:45 PM
I Luv Caddies & Night Wolf, yes, I love those two more. But, sadly we can't co back. Rick, you are hurtin' me with that pic. i miss you not having her. i simply cannot believe that nobody ever found it I mean it's a big car! we are not looking for a wallet at the beach!!I do not let my sixty special outta my sight. never! i only park it when my wife stays in it and then only a quick run into a 7-11-type of store. this year (2008) i actually drove her a grand total of 48 miles. she is at 11,511 miles. :cloud9:

MauiV
10-30-08, 07:16 PM
The CTC is BEAUTIFUL and I think the ass will get a little reworking before production. The V is going to be THE SEX.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
10-31-08, 10:03 AM
The CTS wagon will greatly help Cadillac in Europe, even more if there's a V.

They talked about this in the article and they said that the body on the wagon is less stiff than on the sedan or coupe so it would take a lot of work to make it able to handle all the power.

thebigjimsho
10-31-08, 12:09 PM
OMG that CTC is REALLY ugly from that angle. LOTS of junk in the trunk....

The SRX actually looks pretty good -- kind of like a Caddy MDX (which it should have been all along).

Makes the 1980 hunch-back Seville look GOOD ! One ugly little coupe totally designed with a right & a left angle ruler ! / / I //II |||////

You guys really need to see it in person. The only thing I didn't love about it was the center exhaust, but, otherwise, it looks awesome...

hueterm
10-31-08, 12:11 PM
Yeah, I'm not big on center exhaust/car rectum either....

I just really think that was an unflattering picture/angle of it. It may look better in person.

thebigjimsho
10-31-08, 12:13 PM
All I need to sell my Town Car and return to Caddy is exactly what they will NOT make ! A nice, current design, DTS Coupe with a slightly sloping "C" pillar like this (driver's side). Lower the roof line 1 inch and a gentle flowing C pillar to the trunk area. All else is perfect. Bench front seat or buckets with console no charge option and room in the back for 3 -- 5 foot 7 inch adults.
So easy to do - so easy to make.....But NO, they will not do it.:annoyed:
Just another and another and another SUV. From 1955 to 1993 THE best selling Caddy was ALWAYS a Coupe deVille. even made a major motion picture called Coupe de Ville ! No other car ever had a major motion picture named after it.
Today's Caddy head honchos don't even want to acknowledge it !!

What's next?? An XLR SUV ??

I still prefer this Coupes styling...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachments/cadillac-deville-1985-2005-including-1985/16859d1137565623-so-coupe-before-pdr_1009.jpg

I like these best.

http://www.dyna.co.za/cars/Caddillac_81_Coupe_de_Ville_LHD_Gold_sf1.jpg
Great, now we just need a few hundred thousand more like you rare birds and then maybe GM would make money building cars like that again...

Cliff8928
10-31-08, 12:47 PM
Or even a coupe version of something like the STS. I would love that one. The doors are too small for my liking. Just get rid of two and make them bigger.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
10-31-08, 11:58 PM
You guys really need to see it in person. The only thing I didn't love about it was the center exhaust, but, otherwise, it looks awesome...

I have seen it in person and I had the taste of throw up in my mouth just a few seconds later. I was expecting to see a beautiful coupe but instead I got ugly, deformed garbage. The back looks like a tank and it is waaay to tall in the rear.

thebigjimsho
11-01-08, 07:26 PM
I have seen it in person and I had the taste of throw up in my mouth just a few seconds later. I was expecting to see a beautiful coupe but instead I got ugly, deformed garbage. The back looks like a tank and it is waaay to tall in the rear.Hooray for you, then.

Sandy
11-01-08, 08:53 PM
I like very much the DTS!! Why can't they just make it a Coupe, with a slighty more sloaping "C" pillar & offer buckets & console?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-02-08, 07:32 AM
Now that I think about it, the rear end and rear 1/2 of the profile of the new CTC reminds me of the C230 Kompressor Sport Coupe that Mercedes imported a few years ago.

hueterm
11-02-08, 08:55 AM
Which was HIDEOUS...

thebigjimsho
11-02-08, 02:37 PM
:bigroll:

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
11-03-08, 11:49 AM
Which was HIDEOUS...

Still is hideous.

concorso
11-03-08, 03:14 PM
I have seen it in person and I had the taste of throw up in my mouth just a few seconds later. I was expecting to see a beautiful coupe but instead I got ugly, deformed garbage. The back looks like a tank and it is waaay to tall in the rear.

Thats funny right there! The owner of a tank says the new Coupe looks like one. :) I get seasick riding in old Cadillacs...its like nothing you touch or control is connected to anything else in the car...

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
11-03-08, 03:29 PM
Mine ain't that much of a tank. My friend has a '85 Fleetwood Brougham and THAT is a tank. Mine is basically a DeVille so you still feel the road a little and there is just enough feedback in the wheel.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-03-08, 06:41 PM
Concorso, what kind of Cadillac do you have?

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
11-03-08, 09:58 PM
Hey Chad, what Cadillac do you have? :D :suspense:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Cliff8928
11-05-08, 03:03 AM
Now that I think about it, the rear end and rear 1/2 of the profile of the new CTC reminds me of the C230 Kompressor Sport Coupe that Mercedes imported a few years ago.

I almost bought one of those. I still like them for some reason. (small, and RWD maybe?). They did make them with the V6 as well. Both available with a stick.

MauiV
11-06-08, 10:38 AM
Uh huhhhhh...

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/jdinmaui/cadillac-cts-coupe-9.jpg

Me wants...
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/jdinmaui/VCoupe.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-06-08, 10:50 AM
Have the people who subscribe to Motor Trend received their current issues yet? I'm a subscriber and I haven't received mine yet...I wonder if my subscription finally expired...

concorso
11-06-08, 07:48 PM
Concorso, what kind of Cadillac do you have?
~cough~ had ~cough~...Thats karma for you! Shouldnt have criticized the old caddys! I was in a light accident, everyone was ok, but the way it hit, theres a huge amount of monetary damage. Early estimate says its more then the car is worth...

It was a fully loaded 06 CTS.

concorso
11-06-08, 07:50 PM
I almost bought one of those. I still like them for some reason. (small, and RWD maybe?). They did make them with the V6 as well. Both available with a stick.On paper, they sound fun to drive...but they really werent. They're only slightly more dynamic then a normal c-class. I am fond of the look, tho...even if Im ashamed to admit it...:)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-07-08, 08:10 AM
Well I finally recieved my copy in the mail yesterday....right after I bought a copy at the grocery store..

thebigjimsho
11-08-08, 02:48 PM
Well I finally recieved my copy in the mail yesterday....right after I bought a copy at the grocery store..See if they'll extend your subscription by a month. They usully do when delivery issues arise...