: OverSpray on my Caddy!

SoundAdvantage
06-21-04, 05:10 AM
:annoyed: :dammit: I just brought my Cadillac home from the body shop and found Paint OverSpray ALL over it. I had the front window clips replaced and new pinstripes put on at the body shop. When i dropped my car off it was so slick that a bug couldn't stand up on it :D Now it feels rough with OverSpray, so i buffed the hood and front fenders out with Deep Crystal Cleaner and polish and they are fine but i had to go over it 3 times to get it slick again.
Does anyone know of a solvent i can apply to the paint without hurting it to remove the film of overspray???

Msilva954
06-21-04, 09:27 AM
Im pretty sure that a clay bar will remove overspray.....I remember when the Mothers clay system advertised overspray removel....Id give it a try.

hcvone
06-21-04, 10:02 AM
Go to the store and get either Mother's Clay Bar or Clay Magic Clay Bar, follow the directions and use plenty of lube, the clay will remove the overspray as long as it is not epoxy paint.

SoundAdvantage
06-23-04, 05:48 AM
Thanx for the advice guy's, The body shop ordered some kind of kit that i will be trying on my car. They offered to do it but i would rather do it myself. I will let you guy's know how well it works and again thanks for your help.

Mike

SoundAdvantage
07-08-04, 06:59 AM
Well the body shop gave me a can of this product called DIAMONDITE
SPEED CLAY :rolleyes: with a rough sponge. This is a 18oz. can and it's a Foam Spray that removes > Paint Overspray * Rail Dust * Oxidation * Tree Sap * Tar * Industrial Fallout * Surface Abrasions * Road Film * and many other Contaminants.
You wet the sponge in a bucket of water and squeze out the excess water, then apply a small amount of the Foam Spray to the Sponge and work it in to the vehicles surface, then wipe it off with a clean towel. It's a Kaolin Clay Compound that works on Painted, Chrome, Fiberglass and Coated or Plated surfaces.
The product really works well and takes all the overspray off, leaving a super clean surface that squeeks it's so clean.
The body shop told me it was probably PRIMER OVERSPRAY on my car and it is usually harder to remove than PAINT OVERSPRAY.
I used a whole can on half the car so they had to order another can of it so i can finish the job.
This product is Skin Safe * Biodegradable * Earth Friendly * Silicone Free * and Acid Free. And it is Safe for Clear Coat Paints.
After i get the other half of the car done, i will probably use Meguiers Deep Crystal 3 Step to protect the finish, they are all liquids, Step 1 is the Cleaner, Step 2 is the Polish, and Step 3 is the Carnuba Wax. I am doing this all by hand, i have a buffer but the hand jobs seem to work the best for me when it comes to wax on and wax off. :drinker :hide: :drinker

majax
07-08-04, 05:14 PM
I put that 3 step Meguires on my STS and it worked great, good luck and nice to hear that clay worked for you.