: Pontiac G8 ST expected to start in the low $30k range

Blackout
10-29-08, 01:29 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/10/29/pontiac-g8-st-expected-to-start-in-low-30k-range/

hueterm
10-29-08, 04:24 PM
Making that thing a Pontiac is idiotic. What's their new ad campaign? "CAR is back" or some such BS....

Replace the Impala w/its own version of the G8 and introduce a new El Camino at the same time.

Done.

Night Wolf
10-29-08, 04:51 PM
Looks to be more of a truck then the Ridgeline....

dwight.j.carter
10-29-08, 05:06 PM
Looks like the tailamps are borrowed off of the Ford Escape.

Sandy
10-29-08, 05:54 PM
I have near me a Cadillac, Buick & Pontiac dealer. When I took my '93 Sixty Special in for service this past August I had a long wait. I sat in a STS, a DTS, a Buick Lucerne CXS and a Pontiac G8 GT. Far and awy the best seats and most comfy seating position was the G8 GT. The best fit/finish was the G8 GT and the best sounding doors was the G8 GT. The nicest leather finish was also the G8 GT. It was lower priced than the other two. Had the most H.P. (I think) and was the one I woulda bought, or course, fully fully (over) Loaded.

Now, they are bringing out this abortion. An El Camino variation on a Pontiac Luxruy car. FLOP absolute. A 2 year car, at best.
Wealthy 18 year olds will buy it. It that a big market ?

My #1 Fav new car is a White G8 GT with that black leather with red stitching, to match the red brake rotors, peeking thru the chromed 5 spokes.
Breathess

hueterm
10-30-08, 12:12 AM
I think the car/truck concept is not a bad idea (Subaru sold a decent amount of that ugly thing they made), but w/El Camino's cult following, not making it a Chevrolet is ridiculous.

Also, it needs to have an extended cab (not necessarily w/seats, but w/an area to put your stuff)...

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
10-30-08, 01:34 AM
I think it will be fine as a Pontiac. Chevy has tooooo many cars in their lineup already and they don't need any more.

70eldo
10-31-08, 08:12 AM
I think the car/truck concept is not a bad idea (Subaru sold a decent amount of that ugly thing they made), but w/El Camino's cult following, not making it a Chevrolet is ridiculous.

Also, it needs to have an extended cab (not necessarily w/seats, but w/an area to put your stuff)...

Looks nice to me. Not for Europe though. Maybe Denmark? The tax is lower on trucks for them.
But do you think it would look and sell better as a Chevy El Camino? :thehand:

The Tony Show
10-31-08, 10:10 AM
I might buy one. LS motor, sporty handling and the ability to throw crap from Lowe's in the back when necessary? Sign me up.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-31-08, 10:18 AM
I'll pass. The car gives off a vibe of empty Jack Daniels bottles, double wide trailers and an extensive Joe Diffie collection.

Cliff8928
10-31-08, 01:53 PM
Will there be a 6-speed in it?

I think I'd rather have a SSR. And unlike most, I'd use it for hauling stuff.

hueterm
10-31-08, 11:47 PM
Looks nice to me. Not for Europe though. Maybe Denmark? The tax is lower on trucks for them.
But do you think it would look and sell better as a Chevy El Camino? :thehand:

Here in the U.S., yes. Not necessarily look better, as I think the G8ST looks good (considering it keeps the great G8 front end, but loses the not so attractive trunk). However, here in the U.S., El Caminos have almost a cult following that they should take advantage of.

hueterm
10-31-08, 11:51 PM
I'll pass. The car gives off a vibe of empty Jack Daniels bottles, double wide trailers and an extensive Joe Diffie collection.

Hello -- just like Bill Clinton's El Camino w/the Astroturf in the bed...

:alchi: